Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 230

Thread: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,485
    Blog Entries
    12

    'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    “Same-sex marriage is not some warm, fluffy equality bunny; it’s a bare-faced state power grab,” Manning writes. “The state gets to entirely remake marriage, not as the man/woman/child model we’ve inherited from 10,000 years of history and across all cultures, but as an anything-goes irrelevant partnership agreement between adults.”

    Manning explains same-sex unions will render marriage “irrelevant” because “for the first time, children and parenthood [will have] no place in marriage.”

    “Only a man and a woman have children, despite every fantasy the gender-busters want us to believe,” Manning writes. “Every child has a right to that natural life. Same-sex marriage asks us to ignore reality and children’s rights to a mother and father.”

    When the government steps in and changes that... the children will suffer.

    “We can ignore reality all we want, but the outcomes for children are not the same across all family models,” Manning insists. “Marriage of a man and a woman gives children the best chance. That doesn’t mean there are not great parents in other circumstances, just that the weight of evidence is stacked against them.”
    Read more at ‘Gay’ columnist blasts same-sex marriage
    Finally some sanity.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,333
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Just because he's gay this somehow gives this tired old argument credence?

    The argument is bull****.

    I became a father a week and a half ago when my beautiful wife gave birth to a baby boy.

    We're trying our best, but we're by no means perfect parents and from what I've experienced so far, all a child really needs is loving, supporting parents who give a crap about it...

    This world is far from perfect, there's ALOT of bad parents out there and again, good parents are good parents, they'll never be perfect but if those good parents happen to be both of the same sex... so be it.

  3. #3
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,459
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Just because he's gay this somehow gives this tired old argument credence?

    The argument is bull****.

    I became a father a week and a half ago when my beautiful wife gave birth to a baby boy.

    We're trying our best, but we're by no means perfect parents and from what I've experienced so far, all a child really needs is loving, supporting parents who give a crap about it...

    This world is far from perfect, there's ALOT of bad parents out there and again, good parents are good parents, they'll never be perfect but if those good parents happen to be both of the same sex... so be it.
    Congrats Jet! First I've heard.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  4. #4
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,524

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Just because he's gay this somehow gives this tired old argument credence?

    The argument is bull****.

    I became a father a week and a half ago when my beautiful wife gave birth to a baby boy.

    We're trying our best, but we're by no means perfect parents and from what I've experienced so far, all a child really needs is loving, supporting parents who give a crap about it...

    This world is far from perfect, there's ALOT of bad parents out there and again, good parents are good parents, they'll never be perfect but if those good parents happen to be both of the same sex... so be it.
    The guy has more credibility on the subject than you do. His sexuality makes him untouchable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #5
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    I agree with OP. Divorce should be banned because it harms children.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  6. #6
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Finally some sanity.
    So gay men can have social conservative opinions. Your point? They are still just opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  7. #7
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So gay men can have social conservative opinions. Your point? They are still just opinions.
    It's the only way zimmer will take them seriously. I think we'll see a groundswell of support for this guy to be Dr. Carson's running mate. "See, we have black guys and gays too!"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #8
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    I like this argument...

    Dr John Murray of The Iona Institute added, “This debate is really about the value we attach to a child having a mother and a father as distinct from two fathers or two mothers. … If we redefine marriage, we will be saying as a society that these things don’t matter. We will also be saying that the sexual union of a man and a woman isn’t different in any socially significant way from that of two men or two women. Given that only the former can result in children, this is plainly untrue. Different things should be treated in different ways. This does not violate the principle of equality.”
    That is the best phrasing I have heard for the social conservative argument against same sex marriage and it perfectly demonstrates the oversimplicity with which many conservatives have framed this debate. There are same sex headed families! Through adoption, surrogacy, prior relationships, etc. they exist! And as much as conservatives try to denote that heterosexual marriages are about children, that is not always the case. Social conservatives need to embrace the complexity of this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  9. #9
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I agree with OP. Divorce should be banned because it harms children.
    However, the last person I want to sleep with at this point is my ex-wife. I'd rather kiss a wookie.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  10. #10
    Sage
    mak2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    07-08-16 @ 01:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,050

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    I have raised 4 kids, all I know about it is I dont know nuthin about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Just because he's gay this somehow gives this tired old argument credence?

    The argument is bull****.

    I became a father a week and a half ago when my beautiful wife gave birth to a baby boy.

    We're trying our best, but we're by no means perfect parents and from what I've experienced so far, all a child really needs is loving, supporting parents who give a crap about it...

    This world is far from perfect, there's ALOT of bad parents out there and again, good parents are good parents, they'll never be perfect but if those good parents happen to be both of the same sex... so be it.
    God Bless the Marine Corps.

Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •