Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 230

Thread: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

  1. #161
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by mfriedmanrocks View Post
    Absolutely not. We over intellectualize absolutely everything. There no "right" way to raise a child. I don't care how many studies are made, their are way too many variables to take into account. All I know is that biologically a child is born out of a mother and a father. They compliment each other, and both have things to give a child. A mothers care is irreplaceable. I was raised by a single dad. And I love him, but I latched on to my grandmother as well because i needed to hear a woman s voice, and feel...Its a sad world when we can't understand the depth of humanity, the gift only a woman has to bear children because we want to run the world on political correctness, instead of inherent human natural value. We can't loose touch with nature. I'm not saying that gay people can't adopt, but priority should be given to a woman/man couple. followed by 2 women, and then 2 men. Just to give the child an environment that he was meant to have. Don't twist my words into thinking that a gay couple can't raise children properly, of course they can! especially if the alternative is foster homes and ****ty normal parents. But a child needs the balance of a mother and a father, ying and yang. Men are men. woman are woman.
    Denying people the right to ever have kids or forcing them to "import" a kid from 3rd world is not only cruel but ignores a key aspect to human nature. Such policies only lead to loveless sham marriages like my uncle's (gay and had 3 kids, later divorced and moved cross country to marry a guy). If you're going to rely on utilitarian you need to consider all angles.

    You were co-raised by your grandma, great. Is there some reason gay dads couldn't have their female relatives do the same with their kids? Your argument clearly boils down to prejudice no matter how you frame it. That whole "biological imperative" crap is the same thing that homophobes use time and again to deny equal rights and claim superiority. Oh wait, that's what you're trying to do here.

  2. #162
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by mfriedmanrocks View Post
    People are not thinking of the children
    Speak for yourself. You won't even look at the studies out there, which court after court have referenced in their decisions. Some even indicate that gay couples are superior at raising kids. Why? Because they need to be in a firm standing financially to even be in a position to adopt, compared to the lousy white trash family. Until you're willing to take kids away from lousy birth parents or single dads (bet that hits home), i can't take seriously your "think of the children" arguments of depriving gay couples of adoption rights.

  3. #163
    The Light of Truth
    Northern Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:22 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,970

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    A wrong opinion is still a wrong opinion, no matter who is saying it. There are plenty of gay people with conservative opinions, just look at the Republican party.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    I agree with OP. Divorce should be banned because it harms children.
    I'm sure you meant that facetiously, but, in reality, divorce is too prevalent in our society, and we really should be looking at ways to curb the divorce rate for the sake of the family.

  5. #165
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I'm sure you meant that facetiously, but, in reality, divorce is too prevalent in our society, and we really should be looking at ways to curb the divorce rate for the sake of the family.
    Not entirely facetiously. Divorce represents a far larger threat to the "traditional" marriage than gays ever could, and is proven to harm both children specifically, and society as a whole. If anti-gay marriage folks were truly concerned about marriage, they would be seeking the repeal of no-fault divorce laws rather than stopping the legalisation of gay marriage.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  6. #166
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-25-13 @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Speak for yourself. You won't even look at the studies out there, which court after court have referenced in their decisions. Some even indicate that gay couples are superior at raising kids. Why? Because they need to be in a firm standing financially to even be in a position to adopt, compared to the lousy white trash family. Until you're willing to take kids away from lousy birth parents or single dads (bet that hits home), i can't take seriously your "think of the children" arguments of depriving gay couples of adoption rights.
    I can see that you've misunderstood everything I said...this is the problem with our society, we've blinded ourselves into thinking that al that is important is gay rights gay rights...adopting children has nothing to do with gay rights. And of course if you place an extreme between a gay couple who is normal and a white trash family the gay couple would adopt. Anyways there's no point in debating because youre not getting my point. You're creating a situation where it's either lousy parents or gay parents. We need to stop acting like every gay couple is the saviour to children.

  7. #167
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-25-13 @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Denying people the right to ever have kids or forcing them to "import" a kid from 3rd world is not only cruel but ignores a key aspect to human nature. Such policies only lead to loveless sham marriages like my uncle's (gay and had 3 kids, later divorced and moved cross country to marry a guy). If you're going to rely on utilitarian you need to consider all angles.

    You were co-raised by your grandma, great. Is there some reason gay dads couldn't have their female relatives do the same with their kids? Your argument clearly boils down to prejudice no matter how you frame it. That whole "biological imperative" crap is the same thing that homophobes use time and again to deny equal rights and claim superiority. Oh wait, that's what you're trying to do here.
    I wonder why I keep writing responses because it's as if no one actually reads my posts...All i am trying to say is that a mother's love is important, agree? or disagree?

    i've said more than several times that gay couples are more than able to adopt and raise children for Christ sake's I'm not denying them any rights, but why not give the child first the opportunity to have an adoptive mother??? I'm not forcing anyone to do anything...or causing loveless marriages???

  8. #168
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Seen
    11-25-13 @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    So when an argument doesnt work out for you, you just try to drop it? You brought it up:



    And perhaps you dont understand the definitions of 'entitled' and 'right?' Because of course it would be 'nice' if every child could have the ideal family and as you apparently know, that is not always possible.

    Even the straight couple marriage scenario often ends in divorce, abuse, neglect, etc. Even tho differently structured families may have their challenges, it's well proven that single parents, gay couples, families with adopted children, ect...all can raise happy well-adjusted kids...it's about committment, not biology.
    I never said that regular couples always succeed. I never said gay people didn't have the right to adopt. I know what right means. We are begotten from only women. If a child is born in a circumstance where his mother is missing, just because it is improbable, does not mean we shouldn't first look for a family that meets whatever requirements the adoptive agency demands (financially, responsible, etc) and give the child a mother and a father. I'm sure that a Gay couple can do just as well, I just think that its the job of the adoption agency to find the ideal place for a child...and I would say that an ideal place is having both a mother and a father. If those option are then not possible...then the next choice would be a nice gay couple.

  9. #169
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Finally some sanity.
    Just because you are gay, doesn't make you a genius. This is nothing but rubbish...proving once and for all that there are gay idiots, just like there are straight ones. A Penis or Vagina do not make one a good parent.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  10. #170
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    That didn't answer the question.
    It did. Civil unions stopped being an option when conservatives started including them in state constitutional bans. They are only an option now because SSM is making gains across the country. But I don't see any conservatives jumping to repeal bans on civil unions, only asking the odd question of why gays won't accept the very thing that conservatives went out of their way to ban. Does that not strike you as a bit weird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •