Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 230

Thread: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

  1. #131
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Do you support the dissolution of marriages for the infertile? Elderly, sterile, etc?
    Politically or what? Because I support freedom of association and people calling themselves whatever they want.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #132
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    And in magical unicorn land where this was always possible, is this a solid legal, libertarian argument for banning same-sex marriage?

    How about in the real world?
    For banning it? No. For getting the state out of licensing it and marriage altogether? Sure, I think that there is a strong case to make.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  3. #133
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    What does that have to do with biological parents? My kids are adopted. Say what you want about gays, but leave adopted kids out of it.
    In general children tend to be better off with both biological parents. Specifically I'm thinking of homes with only a mother, which is where most of our criminals come from.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  4. #134
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:14 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,890

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    For banning it? No. For getting the state out of licensing it and marriage altogether? Sure, I think that there is a strong case to make.
    It's funny how nobody ever made the argument that "the state should just get out of marriage entirely" before the gay marriage issue existed.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #135
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    It's funny how nobody ever made the argument that "the state should just get out of marriage entirely" before the gay marriage issue existed.
    This speculative argument is irrelevant.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    L5
    Last Seen
    01-17-14 @ 12:32 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,476
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Finally some sanity.
    "Manning explains same-sex unions will render marriage “irrelevant” because “for the first time, children and parenthood [will have] no place in marriage.”"

    REALLY, just exactly HOW is it that my homosexual neighbors damage MY heterosexual marriage?

    "Marriage" is and always has been a CONTRACT between two individuals & enforced by the state.
    its really NOT about "love" & family or anything of the sort, its about the rights & privileges of
    the people who have entered into said CONTRACT.

    I would prefer that the state call it CIVIL UNION and make it available to any two
    legally empowered sentient beings, and have done with it and the religious fanatics
    can KVETH all they want and that will not change the legality.

    Have a nice day

    : )

  7. #137
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,046

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Why don't you tell me what the libertarian position on children is then, since you apparently know it so well.
    Gay Rights: A Libertarian Approach | Libertarianism.org

    Elimination of laws specifying homosexuality as grounds for denying the right of adoption.
    Libertarian perspectives on LGBT rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Elimination of laws specifying homosexuality as grounds for denying the right of adoption.
    A Libertarian's View of Gay Marriage | Fox News

    Again, so what? I don’t care if there are three fathers and six mothers. If it’s a stable relationship and the kids are connected with their parents, that’s great.
    Ron Paul and Rand Paul Both Get it Wrong On Gay Marriage, Especially as Libertarians - PolicyMic

    In the meantime, libertarians — especially Ron and Rand Paul — need to advocate for the rights of homosexuals. Both have predicated their positions on gay marriage with the view that homosexuality is a sin, and marriage should subsequently be between heterosexual couples. Whatever their moral predilections, as libertarians they should know better than to rely on such a flimsy justification. Liberty requires not only tolerance for those who choose to live in ways you don't approve, but — so long as they do not violate they rights of another man — the steadfast insistence that others have the ability to make decisions for themselves.
    Libertarians say marriage equality only one step toward ending legal discrimination | Libertarian Party

    It is disgraceful that we grant government officials the power to even examine such things, let alone criminalize any peaceful conduct between consenting adults or punish them with unequal marriage, adoption, tax, or immigration laws."
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  8. #138
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,856

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Except that most children of LGBT relationships are from previous marriages, so there's that. The myth of the gay couple that adopts children and raise them to adulthood is pretty much a myth. It's exceedingly rare.

    .
    Care to back that up with some data? It's gotten pretty common. My cousin did it with his partner back in 2001. And they adopted within the US. Many also adopt internationally. It's only gotten more common.

    (Not sure why it matters how the couple comes across it's kids tho...lots of mixed hetero families too, with stepkids,etc)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,856

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    In general biological parents are best, which is why most crime is committed by those without a father in the home or some other broken home situation.
    Do you have any links to studies that support that? And I dont mean studies from religious or 'Family First!' sites that are against gay marriage. I mean from actual scientific, peer-reviewed research.

    BTW, the second part of your sentence makes no sense with the first part, as children of single parent homes are almost always with a BIOLOGICAL parent.

    FAIL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  10. #140
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Do you have any links to studies that support that? And I dont mean studies from religious or 'Family First!' sites that are against gay marriage. I mean from actual scientific, peer-reviewed research.
    The Real, Complex Connection Between Single-Parent Families and Crime - Kay Hymowitz - The Atlantic

    BTW, the second part of your sentence makes no sense with the first part, as children of single parent homes are almost always with a BIOLOGICAL parent.

    FAIL.
    No, when I say parents, I mean parents, not parent. Both biological parents, mother and father.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •