Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 230

Thread: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

  1. #121
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,091

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    No, I pointed out major flaws in the studies, and then offered a better study that doesn't have these faults.

    Isn't it funny how you can post studies that come to opposite conclusions and that's great evidence for why gays should get married, yet when I post a study that comes to the opposite conclusion it is suddenly irrelevant.

    I've said nothing about letting gays get married. Having kids, however, seems to be a much thornier issue than gay activists are willing to admit.
    The problem is that whether or not the kids of gays have more problems or not, it's not up to society, you or religion, to decide whether gays should have kids. It goes against every kind of Libertarian concept on the matter.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 11-23-13 at 03:50 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  2. #122
    Sage
    Dezaad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Last Seen
    06-28-15 @ 10:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    5,058
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Finally some sanity.
    Children do not have a right to any particular familial arrangement. If they did, divorce would be illegal. So would getting pregnant out of wedlock. So would adoption by single parents. So on and so forth. This right spoken of by this idiot is a complete fabrication.

    Nearly all children of LGBT folks are wanted children. They are almost never accidents that happened on a careless dalliance.

    And, if marriage was about children, all couples would be required to give birth to, or otherwise acquire children in order to complete the marriage process. It really wouldn't be that hard to make it so. We don't do it because that isn't what marriage is.
    You can never be safe from a government that can keep you completely safe from each other and the world. You must choose.

  3. #123
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,014

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Kids should have no impact on the discussion about gay marriage for another reason (besides the fact that having kids is not and has never been a requirement for getting married, as already pointed out here)

    Gay people have kids anyway...married or not. Yes, they reproduce, all the time. The men father kids and the women have babies. Just like any other people, they do it within and outside of committed relationships. The kids are there, one way or another. Seems like a committed relationship, like marriage, would be better in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  4. #124
    Sage
    Lursa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    30,014

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The problem is that whether or not the kids of gays have more problems or not, it's not up to society, you or religion, to decide whether gays should have kids. It goes against every kind of Libertarian concept on the matter.
    As I just posted, gays still have kids, just like straight people, whether or not they are married. People reproduce, period. The kids are there.

    (Not disagreeing with you, just commenting)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have felt pain when I was in the womb. So when you say they are incapable of feeling pain, that is based on junk science.
    Quote Originally Posted by applejuicefool View Post
    A murderer putting a bullet through someone's brain is a medical procedure too.

  5. #125
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The problem is that whether or not the kids of gays have more problems or not, it's not up to society, you or religion, to decide whether gays should have kids. It goes against every kind of Libertarian concept on the matter.
    Why don't you tell me what the libertarian position on children is then, since you apparently know it so well.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  6. #126
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Dezaad View Post
    Children do not have a right to any particular familial arrangement. If they did, divorce would be illegal. So would getting pregnant out of wedlock. So would adoption by single parents. So on and so forth. This right spoken of by this idiot is a complete fabrication.

    Nearly all children of LGBT folks are wanted children. They are almost never accidents that happened on a careless dalliance.
    Except that most children of LGBT relationships are from previous marriages, so there's that. The myth of the gay couple that adopts children and raise them to adulthood is pretty much a myth. It's exceedingly rare.

    And, if marriage was about children, all couples would be required to give birth to, or otherwise acquire children in order to complete the marriage process. It really wouldn't be that hard to make it so. We don't do it because that isn't what marriage is.
    Marriage has always been about children, which is one reason why I hate that the state gives out marriage licenses. The whole concept of marriage has been bastardized through the state through marriage licensing and no-fault divorce.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  7. #127
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by Lursa View Post
    Kids should have no impact on the discussion about gay marriage for another reason (besides the fact that having kids is not and has never been a requirement for getting married, as already pointed out here)

    Gay people have kids anyway...married or not. Yes, they reproduce, all the time. The men father kids and the women have babies. Just like any other people, they do it within and outside of committed relationships. The kids are there, one way or another. Seems like a committed relationship, like marriage, would be better in general.
    In general biological parents are best, which is why most crime is committed by those without a father in the home or some other broken home situation.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  8. #128
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Marriage has always been about children,
    Do you support the dissolution of marriages for the infertile? Elderly, sterile, etc?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #129
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    In general biological parents are best, which is why most crime is committed by those without a father in the home or some other broken home situation.
    And in magical unicorn land where this was always possible, is this a solid legal, libertarian argument for banning same-sex marriage?

    How about in the real world?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  10. #130
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,195

    Re: 'Gay' columnist blasts same-sex marriage

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    In general biological parents are best, which is why most crime is committed by those without a father in the home or some other broken home situation.
    What does that have to do with biological parents? My kids are adopted. Say what you want about gays, but leave adopted kids out of it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •