Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40

Thread: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

  1. #31
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have no idea why the death penalty should not apply to scum like this. After all, they have murdered the futures of hundreds of children.

    Article is here.
    Indeed. My belief against the death ability is strained to its limits by stories like this.

  2. #32
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's like saying some dude who smokes weed is responsible for the murders by a drug cartel. Nonsensical. They didn't make the choice nor take the actions. You cannot hold a man accountable for the actions of others.
    Bad analogy. The creation of child pornography requires the suffering of a victim. When you buy pot, there's a chance it was grown by some local pot farm. You don't know there were any victims. When you buy child porn there can only be victims.

  3. #33
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Bad analogy. The creation of child pornography requires the suffering of a victim. When you buy pot, there's a chance it was grown by some local pot farm. You don't know there were any victims. When you buy child porn there can only be victims.
    And there's a chance it was not. Even if your pot came at the hands of murder, less you murdered the person you cannot be held to it. The same here. You cannot hold the person in possession of child porn with any of the crimes those who produced the porn committed.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #34
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And there's a chance it was not.
    Presuming we're talking about photos and videos of actual children, and not cartoons or comic books, there is no chance that there was not a victim.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Even if your pot came at the hands of murder, less you murdered the person you cannot be held to it. The same here. You cannot hold the person in possession of child porn with any of the crimes those who produced the porn committed.
    Like pot, or clothing, or your supermarket goods there is every chance there was no victim. Child porn requires a victim. Your analogy doesn't work at all.

  5. #35
    Professor
    SBu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    01-18-16 @ 03:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,523

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have no idea why the death penalty should not apply to scum like this. After all, they have murdered the futures of hundreds of children.

    Article is here.
    Shameful. That's all I can say.

  6. #36
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's like saying some dude who smokes weed is responsible for the murders by a drug cartel. Nonsensical. They didn't make the choice nor take the actions.
    You cannot hold a man accountable for the actions of others.



    You can if the law says that you can.

    Unarmed accomplices are found guilty of murder quite often.

  7. #37
    Anti-Hypocrite
    molten_dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,351

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The problem with making the death penalty applicable to crimes where the victims are not killed is that it almost guarantees the victims will be killed.
    This is one of the only reasons I don't support the death penalty for crimes like this.
    If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day.

    If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

  8. #38
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Because too many people are too weak to put to death scum like this. Of course that is the only punishment they should get, instant death.
    Death is not really a punishment. It simply removes any and all threat from the individual who is put to death. After all, everyone dies. Are you saying the every living thing is being punished? What for?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  9. #39
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    And there's a chance it was not. Even if your pot came at the hands of murder, less you murdered the person you cannot be held to it. The same here. You cannot hold the person in possession of child porn with any of the crimes those who produced the porn committed.
    Without demand, there would be no supply. Without demand, drug dealers wouldn't kill. Yes, Pot smokers are not only responsible, they are the only reason the people who committed the murders in you example exist and commit those crimes in the first place.

    Same holds true for Child Porn, same demand creates producers/distributors which commit the crimes. Remove the demand, and all the rest fall through. It is the person possessing/buying the product of Child Porn that is the reason it exists and therefore responsible for all crimes committed to feed that demand.
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  10. #40
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Tor, the deep web, is slowly being cleaned up. I expect to see many more arrests like this one in the future. Child porn rings have found this media to be a safe haven for far too long now. This bust should have the other groups rethinking their evil sanctuary.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •