Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

  1. #21
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's like saying some dude who smokes weed is responsible for the murders by a drug cartel. Nonsensical. They didn't make the choice nor take the actions. You cannot hold a man accountable for the actions of others.
    You're damn skippy, I can. There would be absolutely NO child porn if these creeps didn't order it. I say bury 'em.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #22
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,810

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You're damn skippy, I can. There would be absolutely NO child porn if these creeps didn't order it. I say bury 'em.
    Arm parents.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  3. #23
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's like saying some dude who smokes weed is responsible for the murders by a drug cartel. Nonsensical. They didn't make the choice nor take the actions. You cannot hold a man accountable for the actions of others.
    A little logic, as to why you cannot compare someone who views child porn to someone who smokes weed.

    1) Assume that a man is sitting at home, smoking weed, and watching child porn.

    2) Smoking weed, by itself, does not harm others. Others are not murdered, maimed, or caused psychological damage because of the weed itself. Yes, the cartels do kill people, but that is the cartels, not the product itself. If I wanted to grow weed myself, I would grow it, then smoke it. Nobody is hurt.

    3) The harm in child porn is in the porn itself. If I wanted to make child porn to watch later, I would have to abuse a child to do it. By the very act of ordering child porn, I have automatically caused harm to a child, no matter if there is other crime surrounding it or not.

    4) There is no comparison here. The violent crime that occurs incidentally in both weed and child porn are the red herrings in your argument. When you look to the actual product, one is harmless, the other harms kids. If one orders a product that automatically harms kids, then he is just as guilty as the producer of that product.

    What's not to understand here?
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #24
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Police said 108 people were arrested in Canada, 76 in the U.S and 164 in countries from Spain to South Africa and Australia. Forty school teachers, nine doctors and nurses, and more than 30 people who volunteered with kids were among those taken into custody.
    The list of suspects also includes nine clergymen, six police officers and three foster parents.

    People making the images included a youth baseball coach in Washington state who made more than 500 films and a school employee in Georgia who put a camera in a student washroom to videotape images of students' genitals, U.S. Postal Inspection Service inspector Gerald O'Farrell said.
    Grotesque.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The problem with making the death penalty applicable to crimes where the victims are not killed is that it almost guarantees the victims will be killed.
    No in these cases. There needs not be a victim that testifies in child porn cases. Killing the vic serves no purpose.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ever read or watch the movie about what was called the Onion FIelds? a mope wrongly assumed that kidnapping would result in the death penalty ("The baby Lindberg law") and shot a cop for that reason
    The book is ten times better. I believe it was Joseph Wambaugh's first book he wrote.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    End users of child porn are NOT innocent. THEY are the ones who created that market in the first place.
    Bingo. A perv sitting in front of his computer may not be a violent person himself. But creates the need and that need is followed through on by violent people willing to harm children.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Lutherf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    24,640

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I have no idea why the death penalty should not apply to scum like this. After all, they have murdered the futures of hundreds of children.

    Article is here.

    Kennedy v Louisiana pretty much put an end to the death penalty in such cases but I don't recall the decision saying anything about extrajudicial renditions.

  9. #29
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,606

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    No in these cases. There needs not be a victim that testifies in child porn cases. Killing the vic serves no purpose.
    its stupid to suggest a death penalty when the crime does not involve killing a victim



  10. #30
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 76 Americans busted in massive global child porn ring

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    A little logic, as to why you cannot compare someone who views child porn to someone who smokes weed.

    1) Assume that a man is sitting at home, smoking weed, and watching child porn.

    2) Smoking weed, by itself, does not harm others. Others are not murdered, maimed, or caused psychological damage because of the weed itself. Yes, the cartels do kill people, but that is the cartels, not the product itself. If I wanted to grow weed myself, I would grow it, then smoke it. Nobody is hurt.

    3) The harm in child porn is in the porn itself. If I wanted to make child porn to watch later, I would have to abuse a child to do it. By the very act of ordering child porn, I have automatically caused harm to a child, no matter if there is other crime surrounding it or not.

    4) There is no comparison here. The violent crime that occurs incidentally in both weed and child porn are the red herrings in your argument. When you look to the actual product, one is harmless, the other harms kids. If one orders a product that automatically harms kids, then he is just as guilty as the producer of that product.

    What's not to understand here?
    While I'm not saying that child porn should be legal, the person watching though cannot be brought up on murder or endangerment or any other crime they themselves did not commit. While it is logical to make child porn illegal, that is where you'd have to draw the line, assuming no other action on part of the individual.

    And regardless, none of this distracts from the first point and that being the use of our death penalty consumes innocent life given imperfect knowledge. And as such, while prison is fair punishment, the death penalty is not.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •