Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 184

Thread: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

  1. #81
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    It's what he ****ing gets for calling the police to "teach his son a lesson".

    Not to mention, of course, what the son ****ing gets for refusing to disable the two-ton weapon when the police order him to.

    Maybe some day, people will ****ing learn.

    edit: Also, from the comments:
    Looks to me like this guy had demonstrated a willingness to injure bystanders.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  2. #82
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Then you need an education, because that's the charge when you use your vehicle to ram someone. But hey, you're supposed to know this if you have a driver's license.
    The only time I ever see anyone changed with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon for deliberately hitting another car is when it is a police car.

    However, then we have to conclude that young man could correctly believe the police were now "trying to kill him with their cars" since they were ramming into him, right? This, with the police trying to "kill" him with their vehicles, he HAD to continue to try to get away - or die by being killed by the deadly police cars "attacking" him.

    Do you claim that the police running into his car was the police trying to kill him or poise deadly danger to the young man? Or ONLY the police in their cars?

    Yes, at that point they needed to stop the truck because he was now fully out of control. It has been escalated to that point. The solution at that point was to "kill" the truck, not the driver.
    Last edited by joko104; 11-08-13 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, one does not disable a vehicle like in the movies. Chances are you'd just be ventilating metal, the vehicle will still be in operation and you just might kill some innocent or a fellow officer with ricochet.
    Shooting out all four wheels is certainly an easy and achievable goal when the cop is out and the truck is stopped... don't have to be John McClane to pull that off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  4. #84
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The only time I ever see anyone changed with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon for deliberately hitting another car is when it is a police car.

    However, then we have to conclude that young man fully believed the police were now "trying to kill him with their cars" since they were ramming into him, right? Do you claim that the police running into his car was the police trying to kill him or poise deadly danger to the young man? Or ONLY the police?

    Yes, at that point they needed to stop the truck because he was now fully out of control. It has been escalated to that point. The solution was to "kill" the truck, not the driver.
    Have you EVER worked highway patrol duty? Ever even seen an episode of COPS, I'm sure this kid had. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know of the PIT maneuver.

  5. #85
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    The only time I ever see anyone changed with attempted murder or assault with a deadly weapon for deliberately hitting another car is when it is a police car.

    However, then we have to conclude that young man fully believed the police were now "trying to kill him with their cars" since they were ramming into him, right? Do you claim that the police running into his car was the police trying to kill him or poise deadly danger to the young man? Or ONLY the police?

    Yes, at that point they needed to stop the truck because he was now fully out of control. It has been escalated to that point. The solution was to "kill" the truck, not the driver.
    That is kinda ironic. Cops ram you and that is fine... you ram a cop and it is attempted murder...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Have you EVER worked highway patrol duty? Ever even seen an episode of COPS, I'm sure this kid had. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know of the PIT maneuver.
    Did they Pit him? Many times cops do in fact ram a car without attempting to Pit it. That is on Cops too...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  7. #87
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Shooting out all four wheels is certainly an easy and achievable goal when the cop is out and the truck is stopped... don't have to be John McClane to pull that off.
    Doesn't work worth crap and doesn't prevent the vehicle from being used as a ram against your soft little body.

  8. #88
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    Did they Pit him? Many times cops do in fact ram a car without attempting to Pit it. That is on Cops too...
    Have to say I've never seen them do that on ANY COPS shows from ANY country. You may be confusing that with a box maneuver.

  9. #89
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    That is kinda ironic. Cops ram you and that is fine... you ram a cop and it is attempted murder...
    Yep, the rules are different for those committing the crimes and those enforcing the laws. Welcome to reality. Guess what, the rules are different for fire fighters than they are for arsonists.

  10. #90
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 04:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,569
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Dad calls cops on son...cops shoot son

    Quote Originally Posted by clownboy View Post
    Once again, one does not disable a vehicle like in the movies. Chances are you'd just be ventilating metal, the vehicle will still be in operation and you just might kill some innocent or a fellow officer with ricochet.
    LOL. Yes, need a human body to stop "ricochet." Unfortunately, there were 6 "ricochets" since only 2 of the 8 rounds hit the driver. SO... you are saying the officer endangered innocent people and fellow officers by shooting at the truck, right?

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •