Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 188

Thread: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The constitution gives the federal govt the power to protect people's rights, including the right to life. I'd say that prohibiting people from putting poison in food that other people will consume falls within that power.

    If not, I'm going to throw a picnic for republicans. I have some new recipes I'd like to try out.
    Yeah, that is a great, but since most regulations deal more in control than protecting the rights of people, your argument kind of falls on it's face right out of the gate. Of course, regardless of the mission of the US government it's actions still need constitutional authority.

  2. #72
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Please Stop The Nonsense

    The Constitution gives the federal govt the power to protect our rights, including the right to life. Putting poison in our food is an infringement of our right to life. The govt has the power to forbid it.

    /thread
    It's not an infringement to sell you the tools of your own demise. Rope, guns, and cigarettes are all legal, but any person can use those things to kill themselves.

    Nobody is forcing anybody to eat anything containing trans fats, and so people have the right to make other food choices. Your rights are not being violated if you have another choice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #73
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,880
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    That's right!

    "Freedom" gives me the right to poison millions of stupid people
    Flawed sarcasm noted.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #74
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    It's not an infringement to sell you the tools of your own demise. Rope, guns, and cigarettes are all legal, but any person can use those things to kill themselves.

    Nobody is forcing anybody to eat anything containing trans fats, and so people have the right to make other food choices. Your rights are not being violated if you have another choice.
    So if someone's wife decides to add arsenic to her husband's dinner, it's OK because he had the choice to not eat the food she prepared for him?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #75
    Wee Nyeff
    GottaGo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the now
    Last Seen
    05-23-17 @ 02:58 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,311

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So if someone's wife decides to add arsenic to her husband's dinner, it's OK because he had the choice to not eat the food she prepared for him?
    If she tells him it's in there, then he DOES have a choice.

    Labeling.
    Building block or stumbling block.... choose.

  6. #76
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaGo View Post
    If she tells him it's in there, then he DOES have a choice.

    Labeling.
    Labeling?

    So it's OK if she wrote "This dinner contains arsenic" in small letters on the bottom of the plate (similar to the way mass produced food items list the ingredients)?
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #77
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,187

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So if someone's wife decides to add arsenic to her husband's dinner, it's OK because he had the choice to not eat the food she prepared for him?
    That's not the same thing. If someone deliberately poisons another, well....

    Trans fats have long been a part of people's diet on some level. A lot of us live a long time anyway. If you balance it with healthy foods, you'll be fine. That's not the case with arsenic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    So if someone's wife decides to add arsenic to her husband's dinner, it's OK because he had the choice to not eat the food she prepared for him?
    If the husband knew of his dinner being poisoned and yet still ate the food that would mean he consented to being poisoned and thus his rights were not violated. It's the same here. They consented to the food already knowing everything that is contains. Unless of course you're going to deny it's all on the label, in which it is. Of course, considering trans fats as poison is pretty stupid. To also stupid to consider foods being high in trans fats being a violation of your rights.

  9. #79
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That's not the same thing. If someone deliberately poisons another, well....
    Trans fats are a poison. Slower acting than arsenic, but a poison nonetheless.

    And they're not adding it to food "on accident"


    Trans fats have long been a part of people's diet on some level. A lot of us live a long time anyway. If you balance it with healthy foods, you'll be fine. That's not the case with arsenic.
    Umm, no. The trans fats that are added to food are a recent invention and are not digested by the human body the way trans fats found in nature (which are uncommon) are
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: FDA Proposes Trans Fat Ban.....

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Labeling?

    So it's OK if she wrote "This dinner contains arsenic" in small letters on the bottom of the plate (similar to the way mass produced food items list the ingredients)?
    The writing on labeling is plenty big enough. You should perhaps invest in glasses if you can't read it.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •