Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 255

Thread: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

  1. #81
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    But the fact is you dont KNOW the store managers intent, any more than I do. However...we ABSOLUTELY know the thieves intent, dont we.
    Playing your game, we could theorize they were in fear of a total social breakdown and zompocalipse level disorder...

    See how stupid your line of logic is now and how it can be used to justify anything?

  2. #82
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Playing your game, we could theorize they were in fear of a total social breakdown and zompocalipse level disorder...

    See how stupid your line of logic is now and how it can be used to justify anything?
    Yes...OF COURSE...and THATS why they were sending texts to one another telling them they could go and get whatever they wanted becasue the system was down, and why they ran like rats when it was announced the system came up. No...we dont have to speculate about THEIR intent. We have record as to their intent. On the other hand ALL you have is speculation w/ regard to the store managers intent.

  3. #83
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    I haven't looked into this event in depth... but it seems to me that the extent of the fraud being discussed here couldn't have occurred within a couple of hours.
    From what I've read, the system was down for less than 12 hours. I know around here, they only had the signs up saying they couldn't take EBT cards for 4-5 hours.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    I support it. It's a good life lesson that some actions have consequences.

  5. #85
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Do you think the incident shown in that video is a new occurrence or even rare? Do you believe the store manager was thinking "awesome!!! Im going to make the Waltons SO MUCH MONEY today"? Or do you think the store manager was thinking..."well...****...Im not sure what to do...just...ring them up"? NONE of which excuses the very obvious intent of the people that went to WalMart that day with the ABSOLUTE INTENT to commit fraud, as testified to when they ran out of the store and left their baskets in place as soon as the system came up.
    I think any such things are rare, especially considering how many people shop throughout this country every day and how many customers any store sees any given day.

    I think the store manager was thinking it was simply easier to do this than implement the policy that was agreed upon, as almost every single other WalMart that was affected that day implemented. It was laziness or failure on the part of the manager to simply take responsibility for a decision that he was supposed to make (in reality, it was I think two managers/two stores though). But yes, it was the manager's fault for not doing what was supposed to be done, limit the EBT purchases to agreed upon amounts and if he didn't know about this, than he is a sorry excuse for a manager (and that goes for if it was really a "she" manager too).
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #86
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yes...OF COURSE...and THATS why they were sending texts to one another telling them they could go and get whatever they wanted becasue the system was down, and why they ran like rats when it was announced the system came up. No...we dont have to speculate about THEIR intent. We have record as to their intent. On the other hand ALL you have is speculation w/ regard to the store managers intent.
    dude, i was pointing to the fact that you tried to justify it based on total speculation that riots would ensue. That chance of such happening is extremely unlikely and slime, just like the assumption that "social order is collapsing, so for the greater good I need to secure food items".

    It's not meant to be a serious argument, it's meant to highlight how completely idiotic your line of logic is, since it was based on an extremely unlikely events and using that to define the motivation of the various perpetrators, without supporting evidence.

  7. #87
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    that you don't like people on assistance and will find them at fault and excuse walmart regardless of the rhetorical acrobats required. Duece is much the same way, just approaching the topic from the opposing side.



    Yet we had walmarts shut down EBT purchases that day without such charges being made. Which directly disprove your claim. And this has been pointed out to you numerous times ....

    It's clear you just don't want to acknowledge that



    No, you just continually portray them as such.




    who championed anyone? I've been rather clear, since our original discussion on the topic, that these people are scumbags(I even say as much here). But again, this is something you continually refuse to recognize as you paint your dogmatic political narrative
    "Dogmatic political narrative"? Please - did you major in drama in highschool?

    So, because I think people who abuse their "gift" of foodstamps should be punished for that abuse, I'm painted by you as "not liking people on assistance". Glad to see you don't have any dogmatic political narratives to push in this regard.

    And let's be clear as well - from the original thread and this one - you've been beating a dead horse claiming that Walmart purposely was defrauding the government, effectively colluding with welfare scammers, to pump up sales. Glad to see you don't have any dogmatic political narratives to push in this regard.

    Finally, just because your dogmatic political narrative requires you to believe that I'm claiming Walmart is a victim, doesn't make it so, no matter how many times you ignore evidence to the contrary. Glad to see you don't have any dogmatic political narratives to push in this regard.

    You have to stop standing in front of mirrors so much - you're beginning to see in other what you hate in yourself.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  8. #88
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    "Dogmatic political narrative"? Please - did you major in drama in highschool?
    No, just calling a spade a spade

    So, because I think people who abuse their "gift" of foodstamps should be punished for that abuse, I'm painted by you as "not liking people on assistance".
    No, because as is obvious from this discussion and the one previous to it I fully endorse punishing such individuals, as well. What paints you as not liking people on assistyence is your need to make them totally at fault here, turning more balanced perspectives into attempts to excuse them 9as you did here), and your need to paint walmart as a victim


    Glad to see you don't have any dogmatic political narratives to push in this regard.
    Well, besides a reasonable and balanced perspective ...

    And let's be clear as well - from the original thread and this one - you've been beating a dead horse claiming that Walmart purposely was defrauding the government, effectively colluding with welfare scammers, to pump up sales. Glad to see you don't have any dogmatic political narratives to push in this regard.
    Yeah, and I see the welfare moops as intentionally trying to defraud a system. What is your point? That I am granting neither side the benefit of doubt?

    Finally, just because your dogmatic political narrative requires you to believe that I'm claiming Walmart is a victim, doesn't make it so
    Of course not, that is acomplished by your constant characterization of them as victims


    You have to stop standing in front of mirrors so much - you're beginning to see in other what you hate in yourself.
    your empty platitude isn't an argument and rests on you ignoring what has actually been stated and pointed out to you numerous times

  9. #89
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 08:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,175

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, just calling a spade a spade



    No, because as is obvious from this discussion and the one previous to it I fully endorse punishing such individuals, as well. What paints you as not liking people on assistyence is your need to make them totally at fault here, turning more balanced perspectives into attempts to excuse them 9as you did here), and your need to paint walmart as a victim




    Well, besides a reasonable and balanced perspective ...



    Yeah, and I see the welfare moops as intentionally trying to defraud a system. What is your point? That I am granting neither side the benefit of doubt?



    Of course not, that is acomplished by your constant characterization of them as victims




    your empty platitude isn't an argument and rests on you ignoring what has actually been stated and pointed out to you numerous times
    There's no debating with someone who insists on putting words in your mouth and labelling you as something you're not. I'm used to it with liberals - I had thought you were better - I was wrong. You're just one step away from slinging the racism slime, so I'll leave you to it.

    Have a good day.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  10. #90
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    There's no debating with someone who insists on putting words in your mouth and labelling you as something you're not. I'm used to it with liberals - I had thought you were better - I was wrong. You're just one step away from slinging the racism slime, so I'll leave you to it.

    Have a good day.
    I didn't accuse you of racism for the same reason I didn't accuse deuce of it: i see no evidence of it. What I see from you two is dogmatic political views that justify totally vilifying one party while bending over backwards to excuse the other

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •