Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 255

Thread: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

  1. #161
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    In comparison to your blanket statement which indicated all, mine was far more accurate
    Since I did not use the word "All" and you included people who died prior to becoming social security recipients to refute a statement about "social security recipients" I would say that you weren't even in the ballpark.

  2. #162
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yes they are dependent on other people. SS recipients receive back more than they paid in and the SS system is now running on permanent deficits.
    You mean SS has now relied on some of its $2.5 Trillion surplus. There will Never be a deficit since it is illegal for SS to draw from general funds. It amazes me how ill informed some can be..

  3. #163
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yes they are dependent on other people. SS recipients receive back more than they paid in and the SS system is now running on permanent deficits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Since I did not use the word "All" and you included people who died prior to becoming social security recipients to refute a statement about "social security recipients" I would say that you weren't even in the ballpark.

    SS recipients receive more then they paid

    Is blanket statement that covers all SS recipients, it does not mean, some, a few, many, most or a majority. It means all.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #164
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    SS recipients receive more then they paid

    Is blanket statement that covers all SS recipients, it does not mean, some, a few, many, most or a majority. It means all.
    Yada Yada Yada you are still wrong. Social Security is a welfare program that gets its own tax line on a paycheck that is still a tax and category in the budget. The recipient's payments are not "what they paid in". The calculations are indexed using their most profitable 35 years with those contributions inflated as if they were made the year the person retired so whatever contribution you made when you made minimum wage 35 years ago would be treated as the same amount it would today if you made minimum wage and paid in and so on. It is another reason wonks oppose minimum wage increases--it drives up the cost of social security for everyone who retires after the increase, accelerating the collapse of the system.

  5. #165
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    It is another reason wonks oppose minimum wage increases--it drives up the cost of social security for everyone who retires after the increase, accelerating the collapse of the system.
    Macro economics is not my specialty, but that claim is interesting. Explain?

  6. #166
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    You mean SS has now relied on some of its $2.5 Trillion surplus. There will Never be a deficit since it is illegal for SS to draw from general funds. It amazes me how ill informed some can be..
    Yes there will be. 2033 is when the surplus is gone. 20 years to stock up, better hurry before there is a line. Good to see that you believe in that trust fund myth. The reality was just presented to you last month--if the government shuts down too long social security checks get delayed because SS needs the general fund to be solvent. SS is 100% dependent on the general fund because it is hidden in the "debt service" so that old white folks don't get upset that they are on benefits too like the not-white folks they bitch about.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Fisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    12-06-13 @ 02:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    17,002

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Macro economics is not my specialty, but that claim is interesting. Explain?
    google about how benefit payments are indexed and calculated and use a little common sense. It is basically how they account for inflation.

  8. #168
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Macro economics is not my specialty, but that claim is interesting. Explain?
    It could increase the benefits of those earning min wage after they retire. Provided the increase in benefits is larger then the increase in SS payments, the cost for others would be higher. I do not know if there is a minimum SS payment for those that retire, with an income below a certain level. If there is not, then it would increase the costs. If there is a basic minimum then it would not as the increase in SS payments would actually mean they are paying more then in the past.
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #169
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    google about how benefit payments are indexed and calculated and use a little common sense. It is basically how they account for inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It could increase the benefits of those earning min wage after they retire. Provided the increase in benefits is larger then the increase in SS payments, the cost for others would be higher. I do not know if there is a minimum SS payment for those that retire, with an income below a certain level. If there is not, then it would increase the costs. If there is a basic minimum then it would not as the increase in SS payments would actually mean they are paying more then in the past.

    I appreciate the effort, but I don't quite get it.

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,354

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yes there will be. 2033 is when the surplus is gone. 20 years to stock up, better hurry before there is a line. Good to see that you believe in that trust fund myth. The reality was just presented to you last month--if the government shuts down too long social security checks get delayed because SS needs the general fund to be solvent. SS is 100% dependent on the general fund because it is hidden in the "debt service" so that old white folks don't get upset that they are on benefits too like the not-white folks they bitch about.
    All you are doing is proving your lack of understanding. There is a $2.5 trillion surplus held in T bills that SS will use when needed. SS is just like any other creditor of the US Govt. and simply redeem T-bills when the need arises. The idea the SS is somehow different from any other creditor is false as is the idea that SS money EVER has added one penny to our debt.

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •