Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 255

Thread: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

  1. #141
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    they put through transactions while they knew the system wasn't working properly in the context of people clearing the shelves of every eligible item. It rather hard to claim this was just seen as business as usual. In fact, it's impossible




    I agree, but we would still fall back to your selective prosecution seemingly based on nothing more than politics



    How 1) they knew the system was down 2) they knew there was a run on available products.



    the current solution of people losing benefits and the store eating costs seems more than a reasonable and balanced solution. But if you're calling for prosecution, it's clear there were two parties exploiting the glitch, but you only want to target one. hence, your solution is to make the balanced solution imbalanced ...
    Dude, I stopped reading after your first point, you are repeating speculation. EBT is an electronics benefit transfer, meaning an account is created, like a bank account for one's personal money. If a store takes a bad check they are not complicit in a crime, in this case they were trying to keep commerce going, if you have actual evidence that they willfully committed a fraud then by all means present it, otherwise you are speculating.

    Now, and this is where it is important. If someone overdrafts their checking account by triple digits it costs the bank, the person, and sometimes the retailer money which is why it is a crime. In this case, the stores will not get a refund, and the tax payers dodged a bullet, but the fact remains that no one with half a brain cell will overdraft by that wide of a margin by accident.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #142
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Dude, I stopped reading after your first point, you are repeating speculation.
    No, they absolutely knew the system was down. They even contacted corporate over the issue. I suggest reading up on the topic

  3. #143
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, they absolutely knew the system was down. They even contacted corporate over the issue. I suggest reading up on the topic
    Dude, I LIVE IN THE STATE, it was all over the news here, I read it. The system was down and they didn't use the safeguards, that's the ONLY thing they did and they lost money, you are accusing them of facilitation which is a crime. So instead of arguing the point YET AGAIN without proving your point, show the evidence you have, because, as I've been telling you, your case is based on s-p-e-c-u-l-a-t-i-o-n which is another way of saying it sucks. The LAW, states that at certain dollar amounts or frequencies a wire fraud, or government fraud has occurred.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #144
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Dude, I LIVE IN THE STATE, it was all over the news here, I read it. The system was down and they didn't use the safeguards, that's the ONLY thing they did and they lost money, you are accusing them of facilitation which is a crime.
    they knew the system was done and there was a clear run on EBT products. To claim that they were unaware that this was out of the ordinary is what is absurd

  5. #145
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    they knew the system was done and there was a clear run on EBT products. To claim that they were unaware that this was out of the ordinary is what is absurd
    Whatever man, really you haven't made a case in the least. Maybe they should have turned everyone who had EBT away and told them to go starve in the street, then they wouldn't have you accusing them of a facilitation crime.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #146
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Whatever man, really you haven't made a case in the least. Maybe they should have turned everyone who had EBT away and told them to go starve in the street, then they wouldn't have you accusing them of a facilitation crime.
    lol @ the walmart as hostage meme

    1) when did walmart ever have issue turning someone away?

    2) the issue lasted a few hours.

    3) many stores, including walmarts, did exactly that.

  7. #147
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    lol @ the walmart as hostage meme

    1) when did walmart ever have issue turning someone away?

    2) the issue lasted a few hours.

    3) many stores, including walmarts, did exactly that.
    The issue didn't "last a few hours", people were making multiple runs, in my city that would be over an hour a piece. You can laugh all you want but your case is weak. You are speculating while accusing retailers of a crime, when the real crime is right in front of you. Anyway, I'm done with you, you keep repackaging the same BS and not even entertaining the counter.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #148
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    It is absolutely theft and fraud and a damn shame that people would do this. If I wrote a large check that returned NSF or a continuing series of such in full knowledge that would be a felony, so this should be considered one too.
    This is what I was thinking.

    I see this as writing a bad check.

    Only the purchaser knew how much was in their account and they still decided to "buy" much more than they had money for.

    I would like to hear some reaction to this decisión from the people that "bought" the overages.

  9. #149
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    Why do you seem so lenient in your view with those who facilitated the sales? personally, you can hardly justify pursuing criminal action and not seeking remedy from the party that facilitated such actions.
    Is that like pursuing criminal charges against somebody that leaves their front door open when they are robbed?

  10. #150
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,482

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    all they had to do to deal with the situation is close the store. This hardly works to justify your argument that WM was basically held hostage
    What? What about the people that were shopping that actually worked for what they have?

    They should be thrown out of the store because of some theives?

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •