Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 255

Thread: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

  1. #131
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) there was? offer a citation.

    2) No, they contacted corporate because they knew the system wasn't working properly; other stores, including walmarts, either stopped accepting ebt cards or limited purchases; and there were clearly established safeguards in place to specifically deal with such situations. No speculation on any of these points and they have all been widely reported on
    Wal-Mart scene 'chaotic' but no food was stolen - The Neshoba Democrat - Philadelphia, Mississippi
    There you go. No theft, but an unruly mini riot, I would have made the same call as a business owner during that situation to avoid a worse situation.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #132
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Wal-Mart scene 'chaotic' but no food was stolen - The Neshoba Democrat - Philadelphia, Mississippi
    There you go. No theft, but an unruly mini riot, I would have made the same call as a business owner during that situation to avoid a worse situation.
    all they had to do to deal with the situation is close the store. This hardly works to justify your argument that WM was basically held hostage

  3. #133
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    all they had to do to deal with the situation is close the store. This hardly works to justify your argument that WM was basically held hostage
    Yeah, sure, shut down business to all customers, sure, great business decision.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #134
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Yeah, sure, shut down business to all customers, sure, great business decision.
    1) out of the number of stors that stopped or limited purchases you had one store that shut down for a few hours

    2) Again, i'm not seeing how this fits your claim that they were compelled to go through with the EBT sales. Closing for a few hours, though i am sure it's something they rather not do, is hardly the threat of mass riots you originally characterized it as.

    I mean, the situation was even so chaotic no one even stole anything ...

  5. #135
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) out of the number of stors that stopped or limited purchases you had one store that shut down for a few hours

    2) Again, i'm not seeing how this fits your claim that they were compelled to go through with the EBT sales. Closing for a few hours, though i am sure it's something they rather not do, is hardly the threat of mass riots you originally characterized it as.

    I mean, the situation was even so chaotic no one even stole anything ...
    I'm giving you a reason why they have benefit of the doubt, you're giving speculation.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #136
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Just because there was a system glitch doesn't give a person the right to abuse the privilege they were given. If a person was driving a car and their friends decided to rob a bank and they drove off with the thieves in tow, they are still responsible even though they didn't rob the bank.

    So here are some words on common sense here...just because someone else does it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  7. #137
    Resident Cat Expert
    Green Balls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Last Seen
    11-13-15 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,292

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Here's a more realistic comparison for the people who don't get it. If you have $10 left in your bank account, your order comes out to $11 and it still processes, you don't go back and fill up a grocery cart thinking there is no repercussion for over spending. The bank will come back and bite your behind.
    Scientific fact: If you took all of the veins from your body and laid them end to end, you would die.

  8. #138
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'm giving you a reason why they have benefit of the doubt, you're giving speculation.
    1) you're "benefit of the doubt" seems nothing more than political

    2) where did I speculate?

  9. #139
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    1) you're "benefit of the doubt" seems nothing more than political

    2) where did I speculate?
    How the hell is it political, you are actively accusing merchants of fraud without any evidence. Fact is people can be given a break for being a little over what their limit should be, but anyone ringing up 700+ dollars and being hundreds off did it intentionally, and that's how it would look to a court. You can speculate as to the "facilitation" but that is a harder case, just be happy the retailers lost money for making the call and that should be corrective to them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #140
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    How the hell is it political, you are actively accusing merchants of fraud without any evidence.
    they put through transactions while they knew the system wasn't working properly in the context of people clearing the shelves of every eligible item. It rather hard to claim this was just seen as business as usual. In fact, it's impossible


    Fact is people can be given a break for being a little over what their limit should be, but anyone ringing up 700+ dollars and being hundreds off did it intentionally, and that's how it would look to a court.
    I agree, but we would still fall back to your selective prosecution seemingly based on nothing more than politics

    You can speculate as to the "facilitation" but that is a harder case
    How 1) they knew the system was down 2) they knew there was a run on available products.

    just be happy the retailers lost money for making the call and that should be corrective to them.
    the current solution of people losing benefits and the store eating costs seems more than a reasonable and balanced solution. But if you're calling for prosecution, it's clear there were two parties exploiting the glitch, but you only want to target one. hence, your solution is to make the balanced solution imbalanced ...

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •