Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 255

Thread: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

  1. #101
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh god the "filthy poors with smartphones" meme.

    You know you can get an iphone for free, right?
    yes, by signing a cell phone contract that costs money on a reoccurring monthly bill ...

  2. #102
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    No, just calling a spade a spade



    No, because as is obvious from this discussion and the one previous to it I fully endorse punishing such individuals, as well. What paints you as not liking people on assistyence is your need to make them totally at fault here, turning more balanced perspectives into attempts to excuse them 9as you did here), and your need to paint walmart as a victim




    Well, besides a reasonable and balanced perspective ...



    Yeah, and I see the welfare moops as intentionally trying to defraud a system. What is your point? That I am granting neither side the benefit of doubt?



    Of course not, that is acomplished by your constant characterization of them as victims




    your empty platitude isn't an argument and rests on you ignoring what has actually been stated and pointed out to you numerous times

    You want to cry racism, then use a racial slur?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #103
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,496

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Who got stolen from?
    The EBT users stole from the government and from Wal-Mart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #104
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You want to cry racism, then use a racial slur?
    a "spade a spade"?

    1) I never cried racism

    2) if that offended you, then good.

  5. #105
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,123

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Oh god the "filthy poors with smartphones" meme.
    Strawman ad hominem much?

    You know you can get an iphone for free, right?
    Yeah? That's interesting - i'm actually in the market. How?

    Incidentally, a good chunk of my family is poor, inasmuch as poor means "on public assistance". They bought theirs.

  6. #106
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2013/11/...-for-all-86692

    As someone who collects food stamps-- and needs them to survive-- this absolutely sickens me and I think it's a goddamned shame that criminal charges are not being pursued.
    It is absolutely theft and fraud and a damn shame that people would do this. If I wrote a large check that returned NSF or a continuing series of such in full knowledge that would be a felony, so this should be considered one too.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #107
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Wow. Impressive move, Jindal. Good for you.


    But hold on to your hat. You're about to get accused of everything in the book.
    They can try to accuse him of things, but the fact is that those who abused the system committed very serious crimes, at minimum they should forfeit future access to programs.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #108
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Yes that is exactly what I think they were doing. Stores in my area posted the "EBT SYSTEM IS DOWN!!!!" signs and lost nothing.
    It's possible, very possible. If that is the case then the stores that tried to game the glitch should eat the cost.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #109
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by specklebang View Post
    That is also my assumption. I'd hope that any PLAUSIBLE excess would be forgiven. But if they went hundreds over, that is knowingly wrong. Should be easy to tell the good from the bad.
    I can agree with that. A person who was 20$ short and a bit over their limit is a forgivable situation, someone going hundreds over is willful.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #110
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Louisiana Food Stamp Abusers Will Lose Benefits Over Wal-Mart Free For All

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    What was the crime? According to Korimyr the taxpayers didn't pay anything for this.
    Doesn't matter in the grand scheme. If there is no loss even the attempt at a fraudulent act is fraud in itself. If someone writes a bad check over a little bit, it can be dismissed as a mistake, intentionally doing so is a crime, and if the dollar amount is sufficient to be proven willful it's a felony. Same thing with debit cards.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •