Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 333

Thread: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

  1. #141
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You said I had a beautiful smile.
    *sniff*
    WHY U GOTTA BE MEAN 2 ME
    smartass
    Last edited by opendebate; 11-06-13 at 02:51 PM.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  2. #142
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I said exactly that so carry on. Your post was a bit of a drive-by though. I mean, if you would like to elaborate please do.
    Elaborate on what? You've staked your claim. You see one story involving one kid, and one pathetic mother, and you decide proof of ongoing pervasive national racism has been presented.

    Others comment, and you reject them, and imply they are indifferent, with an unwritten message that suggests they are even racists themselves for being so dismissive of this singular incident. "Easy to say when you're not the target. How dismissive and insulting a comment."

    This method Progressives use is at the heart of what I posted.

  3. #143
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by ocean515 View Post
    Elaborate on what? You've staked your claim. You see one story involving one kid, and one pathetic mother, and you decide proof of ongoing pervasive national racism has been presented.

    Others comment, and you reject them, and imply they are indifferent, with an unwritten message that suggests they are even racists themselves for being so dismissive of this singular incident. "Easy to say when you're not the target. How dismissive and insulting a comment."

    This method Progressives use is at the heart of what I posted.
    Now who needs to calm down
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  4. #144
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    So you say.
    Please explain to me how she is not a bigot or an idiot?


  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Behind the Orange Curtain
    Last Seen
    01-30-15 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    15,633

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by shrubnose View Post
    The key word is 'friendly'.

    No average American could dislike anyone who is 'friendly', Except, maybe, the friendly IRS.
    The Friendly Klansman.

    I remember the first time I traveled through the South during the early 70's. Had hair down to my shoulder and even worse California plates on the car. Got jacked up by the cops over a dozen times from Dallas to Mobile. But I would see flyers at the local coffee shops announcing a KKK meeting.

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Please explain to me how she is not a bigot or an idiot?
    You seem to have your mind made up. So why? I dont usually try to explain other people though.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    smartass
    Part of my charm.

    Besides, I love black women. If this was Basement, I'd say what I would do to Aisha Tyler if I met her. Suffice it to say, phrases like "plowed like a snowy highway" would occur.

  8. #148
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    You seem to have your mind made up. So why? I dont usually try to explain other people though.
    Because you seem to be challenging that she is in fact not a bigot or an idiot.


  9. #149
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Part of my charm.

    Besides, I love black women. If this was Basement, I'd say what I would do to Aisha Tyler if I met her. Suffice it to say, phrases like "plowed like a snowy highway" would occur.
    It is indeed part of your charm.

    And I don't blame you, she's hot.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because you seem to be challenging that she is in fact not a bigot or an idiot.
    Wearing the costume doesn't make the mom or the kid a bigot. It makes the mother an idiot, sure. However, bigotry requires intent. If the costume is worn because of family tradition, that's a whole other story.

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •