Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 333

Thread: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

  1. #121
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Breaking News?
    It happened in rural Virginia


  2. #122
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by Beaudreaux View Post
    I can see your point of view and don't disagree with where you're coming from with how it's brought up by many as if racism is part of every problem. However, the OP's a pretty good girl, IMO.
    She's a race hysteric

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    Sorry to burst you naive little bubble my friend, but they are out there...they are also on this forum.



    You see that's an odd leap to me. I never said anything like about not allowing it. Honestly, I think the responses to this post that try to dismiss it are the ones over-reacting. I think the reality of it makes them uncomfortable so they are dismissive.
    You'll have to show me where people are saying "racism doesn't exist". I see people saying "meh, no biggie", but that's not the same. A kid trick-or-treating in a stupid-looking costume that has historical ramifications is not akin to them going out to lynch and hang black people from trees in nooses. Some kid could go around in a Stasi uniform adorned with swastikas, but unless he's going around and setting fire to Jews on All Hallows Eve, it's just a punk kid in a tacky costume - nothing more.

    You'd do more for your "cause" by not acting like this is getting you all a-flutter and dismiss it as the hony-tonk actions of a honky-tonk family that aren't actually hurting anyone.

  4. #124
    Sage

    ocean515's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,705

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    You have every right in the world say as many ungrounded and ignorant things as you'd like. Please, have a field day.
    Thank you. I took your lead and assumed I had the same right as you when I placed my post. I suppose I should look for more of the same?

  5. #125
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,165

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    This thread reminds me of South Park. When Cartman had his Hitler costume but it was unacceptable, so they made him a ghost. But he looked like a Klansman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #126
    Sage
    opendebate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    7,315

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    You'll have to show me where people are saying "racism doesn't exist". I see people saying "meh, no biggie", but that's not the same. A kid trick-or-treating in a stupid-looking costume that has historical ramifications is not akin to them going out to lynch and hang black people from trees in nooses. Some kid could go around in a Stasi uniform adorned with swastikas, but unless he's going around and setting fire to Jews on All Hallows Eve, it's just a punk kid in a tacky costume - nothing more.

    You'd do more for your "cause" by not acting like this is getting you all a-flutter and dismiss it as the hony-tonk actions of a honky-tonk family that aren't actually hurting anyone.
    I am not all a flutter. That's you (and a few others) projecting because you don't want to deal with or admit to the deeper issue. Honestly, why do you guys always resort to such childish tactics. Stop it.
    "Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers" - Voltaire
    "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self" -Hemingway

  7. #127
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    That's hysterical. My boyfriend and I made pretty much the same comment. Unfortunately, they can't be stopped.
    No, you're right. They can't be stopped. But they can be ignored pretty easily. I see no difference with these type people and the people that protest against gays by disrupting and desecrating military funerals, who I ignore as well.

    These types of people are never going to go away or educate themselves as to the truth, just like the people that believe everything the politicians say in their political party will never go away or educate themselves as to the truth.

    You see, there's a difference between ignorant and stupid. Ignorance is a lack of education, stupidity is a lack of the intellectual ability to get the education and accept truth.

    There are a lot of ignorant people in this world (some on this site, not many, but some). There are less, thank God, stupid people in this world (and at least one on this site that I have on 'ignore'). The stupid ones are the ones that should be ignored. You can't deal with them. And although when they cross your path they can frustrate the hell out of you, that frustration is self imposed. Just ignore them. Laugh at their stupidity. You can feel for and talk to the ignorant ones, but the stupid bastards are a waist of your time.

    The key, is to recognize the difference between the two. And that just requires taking a breath and stepping back before reacting to someone (although I tend to just fire back sometimes myself).

    Don't let these type of people color your view of the world, because they are in fact a small and insignificant group. Their impact on your and my world is so small, if at all, that spending any of our precious time on this world thinking about them for anything other than comic relief is a unjustifiable waist of that precious time.

    Chin up, shoulders back, have good belly laugh and move on past them.

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I am not all a flutter. That's you (and a few others) projecting because you don't want to deal with or admit to the deeper issue. Honestly, why do you guys always resort to such childish tactics. Stop it.
    Projecting? Really?

    Here's some helpful advice:


  9. #129
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by opendebate View Post
    I am not all a flutter. That's you (and a few others) projecting because you don't want to deal with or admit to the deeper issue. Honestly, why do you guys always resort to such childish tactics. Stop it.
    again...what is this burning "deeper issue" you keep harping about?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #130
    Sage
    shrubnose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Last Seen
    11-29-17 @ 03:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,851
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mom Lets Son Wear KKK Halloween Costume, Says It's A Family Tradition

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    It does. It tells us that he put on an even more effective mask and joined a group that has done far more damage to the black community as a whole than the democrat started KKK ever did. when 97% of ANY race support ANY single candidate, especially a candidate that has presided over an increase in the death rate, incarceration rates, illiteracy rates, unemployment rates, home foreclosure rates, violent crime rates, poverty rates, high school droupout rates, and increases in every other category on the misery index, then yes...it SHOULD tell you something.
    It should SCREAM loud and clear.



    The fact (And it is a fact, Check the demographic voting results of recent elections.) that the vast majority of American Blacks have switched from Abe Lincoln's GOP to the Democratic Party tells me that the GOP has a huge problem.

    If the old White men who rule the GOP don't do something about that problem in thirty years or so when massive demographic change hits the GOP full force it is very likely that the GOP will join the Whigs.

    I am not wishing for this, I am just saying that it's coming unless the GOP make some major changes in the near future.




    "Better day's are coming." ~ But not for today's out of touch, running out of time, GOP.

Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •