Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

  1. #51
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    That's not how discrimination laws work and nobody is suggesting they should work that way. I thought the straw man reference would make that obvious, sorry.
    some people simply just dont understand that fact
    dealing in fantasy is better for some, they cant separate facts and fantasy and dont know the difference between what the law actually does and states and what some people choose to practice on thier own that has ZERO to do with the law. Its funny. The fact is LEGAL AA/EO by definition doesnt allow preference, this fact will never change.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #52
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Dude, unclench your pucker.

    No, Republicans aren't there to help Democrats win; however, they are in government to govern properly. Extending equal rights and protection under law to all Americans is the right thing.
    Well unpucker your hacks on the Hill, because I don't remember them cooperating when Bush was President.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #53
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,903

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Well unpucker your hacks on the Hill, because I don't remember them cooperating when Bush was President.
    Yeah, because Democrats didn't vote for Bush's tax cuts (they did), the War in Iraq (they did), or Medicare Part D (they did). You have a pretty selective memory of Democratic cooperation.

    I'm not a Democrat, by the way.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  4. #54
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    Yeah, because Democrats didn't vote for Bush's tax cuts (they did), the War in Iraq (they did), or Medicare Part D (they did). You have a pretty selective memory of Democratic cooperation.

    I'm not a Democrat, by the way.
    Then spent 8 years denying it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #55
    Educator Amandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Delaware
    Last Seen
    06-19-15 @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    905
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    ENDA does not set up a special classe. ALL sexual orientations and gender identities are protected.

  6. #56
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,811

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Amandi View Post
    ENDA does not set up a special classe. ALL sexual orientations and gender identities are protected.
    shhhhhhh dont use facts and logic
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #57
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,825

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    It's how Affirmative Action works.
    No it isn't.

    Discrimination laws are essentially an anti-business crutch that forces the government bully into private practice. It also has the ancillary little drawback of making every moron, idiot, and jackass speculate as to why he was fired or wasn't hired.

    I'm not authoritarian like you. I don't like being told what to do, what to think, and who to hire.
    Nobody has ever told me who to hire. I'm sorry the inability to fire all women simply for being women bothers you so much.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #58
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    History will condemn Boehner for this not going into law, as i do now.

  9. #59
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    That also happened at the law school of my alma mater. There was a big local outcry about it.
    Yeah but that's patently absurd that a graduate school is responsible for america's segregation and prejudice, whereas this bill is designed to protect people from *direct* discrimination. By the way, it's way less racially diverse nowadays as a result. But then, that doesn't bother me because i know there is more to diversity than skin color.

    Although it might upset you that the B-school app now asks sexual preference on the 1st page...
    Last edited by chromium; 11-06-13 at 09:08 PM.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by chromium View Post
    Yeah but that's patently absurd that a graduate school is responsible for america's segregation and prejudice, whereas this bill is designed to protect people from *direct* discrimination. By the way, it's way less racially diverse nowadays as a result. But then, that doesn't bother me because i know there is more to diversity than skin color.
    That's just the natural pecking order of things. Think it's white where you are? Hop 23 north up to East Lansing and take a look around. If that place was any more white, it'd glow at night.

    It's really not right when you have to "darken up" your roster in order to save face from the people who want a soapbox. I mean, I don't think white people are making huge stinks at Grambling or Howard or Morehouse. I don't see why Michigan Law really needed to cater to the gods of the ecumenical PC movement.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •