Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67

Thread: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You would have a point if we already didn't have laws on the books to prevent discimination of other groups. Sine we do, your point is useless and just points to the fact you want people to continue to disciminate against gays.
    Except for the fact that I have made it a point to voice my disagreement with public accommodation laws well before this issue came up.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Except for the fact that I have made it a point to voice my disagreement with public accommodation laws well before this issue came up.
    Yes, you have. However, until such laws are removed, it makes perfect sense to allow gays to be included in this.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, you have. However, until such laws are removed, it makes perfect sense to allow gays to be included in this.
    I will never approve of expanding the reach of bad laws.

  4. #24
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    if/since one is "born gay" wouldn't that already be covered under the current AD laws regarding "sex"?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I will never approve of expanding the reach of bad laws.
    Good thing we aren't looking for your approval huh?

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Good thing we aren't looking for your approval huh?
    I don't imagine they are looking for yours either.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    if/since one is "born gay" wouldn't that already be covered under the current AD laws regarding "sex"?
    It would be, but since it can't yet be "proven", it isn't that way hence the need for this.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    I don't imagine they are looking for yours either.
    I never claimed they were.

  9. #29
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, we need to protect the rights of citizens to continue being allowed to discirminate against those nasty gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays
    At will employees can be fired for any reason except discrimination. So what's next after sexual preference? Weight? Oh that has already happened. Like someone being a fat ass is the company's fault.This has nothing to do with gay or anything else on my part. More and more rights to association are being taken away from businesses and company's a little at a time. Anyone with a lawsuit can do it for the most stupid reasons. This is nothing but more affirmative action type laws.

    So much for equal protection under the law. If you are part of a special group you get all kinds of extra crap.

  10. #30
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Gay-rights bill clears first hurdle in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    At will employees can be fired for any reason except discrimination. So what's next after sexual preference? Weight? Oh that has already happened. Like someone being a fat ass is the company's fault.This has nothing to do with gay or anything else on my part. More and more rights to association are being taken away from businesses and company's a little at a time. Anyone with a lawsuit can do it for the most stupid reasons. This is nothing but more affirmative action type laws.

    So much for equal protection under the law. If you are part of a special group you get all kinds of extra crap.
    Yeah, God forbid firms lose the right to screw their employees for reasons completely unrelated to job performance.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •