Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152

Thread: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You're very sensitive and evasive, aren't you.
    You should explain some of your positions that make you Left and your other positions that make you a Libertarian.
    I think many of us would like to see how that combination would work.
    You want limited Government but not too limited?
    You want healthcare choice but only from a Government approved list?
    Or maybe you're simply a Libertarian in the sense that you want to be free to choose not to be free.
    Or maybe you're just a confused fellow.
    My positions that make me left are pro-choice, pro-gay marriage (unless states ALL get out of the marriage business), pro-welfare (if there was serious reform).

    My libertarian positions are a limited government, pro-second amendment, states getting out of marriage ALL TOGETHER, fiscal responsibility, and not be the police of the world. I am on record as being against Obamacare, against the bailouts, against the gun control measures that have been insituted, against forcing a green agenda on people and against what the NSA has become.

    I'm not confused in the least, how about YOU share your views or back up YOUR claims that I somehow want some sort of "dominance".

  2. #102
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    His huge majority in NJ includes lots of Dems.
    Because he gave Booker a Senate Seat. He tainted the value of his own victory in order to achieve it.

  3. #103
    Discount Philosopher
    specklebang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Last Seen
    06-05-14 @ 08:26 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,524

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    You could have gotten rid of Reid if they hadn't run a complete nutjob against him last time.

    GOP - you better find your moderate roots. We crave sensible management, not morality lectures.

  4. #104
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because he gave Booker a Senate Seat. He tainted the value of his own victory in order to achieve it.
    And how, exactly, did Christie "give" anything to Booker?
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

  5. #105
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,316

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    My positions that make me left are pro-choice, pro-gay marriage (unless states ALL get out of the marriage business), pro-welfare (if there was serious reform).

    My libertarian positions are a limited government, pro-second amendment, states getting out of marriage ALL TOGETHER, fiscal responsibility, and not be the police of the world. I am on record as being against Obamacare, against the bailouts, against the gun control measures that have been insituted, against forcing a green agenda on people and against what the NSA has become.

    I'm not confused in the least, how about YOU share your views or back up YOUR claims that I somehow want some sort of "dominance".
    You see ... as you describe it, that's a problem.
    What you call your Libertarian views are Conservative views ... except maybe that marriage one which sounds like a stalking horse for the Left.
    So you could have said you are a Left - Conservative ... but I suppose maybe you imagine that would make you sound bi polar or something ... or maybe you just couldn't bring yourself to do it and thought including Libertarian gives you credibility cachet.
    Either way, the Left part of any hybrid Left configuration is always relentlessly on the march since the Left by definition and practice don't tolerate alternative beliefs.

  6. #106
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,919

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by bubbabgone View Post
    You see ... as you describe it, that's a problem.
    What you call your Libertarian views are Conservative views ... except maybe that marriage one which sounds like a stalking horse for the Left.
    So you could have said you are a Left - Conservative ... but I suppose maybe you imagine that would make you sound bi polar or something ... or maybe you just couldn't bring yourself to do it and thought including Libertarian gives you credibility cachet.
    Either way, the Left part of any hybrid Left configuration is always relentlessly on the march since the Left by definition and practice don't tolerate alternative beliefs.
    Oh, what a crock that is. Pure, unadulterated, weapons grade bull****.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  7. #107
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,356

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    Because he gave Booker a Senate Seat. He tainted the value of his own victory in order to achieve it.
    I thought Booker ran to fill Lautenberg's seat in the Senate, ...after Lautenberg died. How does Christie enter the picture, other than backing the Republican who ran against Booker, which was expected?

    Greetings, cpwill.

  8. #108
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    And how, exactly, did Christie "give" anything to Booker?
    He scheduled a special election for John Kerry's Senate Seat. He could have simply appointed someone to finish out Kerry's term, but instead decided to have a special election. This sucked Cory Booker (who was otherwise going to run against him for the Governorship) an easy out - both men had easy, wipeout win elections. Christie made it harder for Republicans to pick up the Senate just so that he could brag about picking up Democrats in NJ.

  9. #109
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    I thought Booker ran to fill Lautenberg's seat in the Senate, ...after Lautenberg died. How does Christie enter the picture, other than backing the Republican who ran against Booker, which was expected?

    Greetings, cpwill.
    :raises eyebrow: I thought it was Kerry's. Regardless, the basic move was the same. Give Booker a Senate Seat win, and he wont' run against you for Governor.

  10. #110
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,962
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Mother Jones Shocker: 'New Poll Shows Democratic Incumbents in Big Trouble'

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    He scheduled a special election for John Kerry's Senate Seat. He could have simply appointed someone to finish out Kerry's term, but instead decided to have a special election. This sucked Cory Booker (who was otherwise going to run against him for the Governorship) an easy out - both men had easy, wipeout win elections. Christie made it harder for Republicans to pick up the Senate just so that he could brag about picking up Democrats in NJ.
    Ahem. Kerry was a Senator from Massachusetts. Booker ran in New Jersey -- where Christie is Governor -- to win the seat of the deceased Frank Lautenberg. Now that we have the states sorted out, here are some other pertinent details. Booker had already announced before Lautenberg died that he was going to challenge Lautenberg in the Dem primary. Booker was never going to run against Christie. Why? Because he would have been badly beaten.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •