Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

  1. #1
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

    French footballers will go out on strike for the first time in more than 40 years next month in protest at a government plans to tax top earners 75 percent, the clubs announced Thursday.French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate
    If the 75% tax becomes law, that's the end of the French league. It will become a B-League. Who would want to play there? I can see players feigning injuries just so they don't have to play for discount rates. Why risk your career?

    Monaco will have a run of championships as far as the eye can see, and I can see clauses being written into contracts that prohibit being traded to a tax hostile country like France, unless the club in question ups their salary to the point they make the same after tax income as in England let's say... and no club can afford that.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

    Offshore it.
    That is; Locate the club where the French Gov can't touch their earnings
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #3
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    [h=1]

    If the 75% tax becomes law, that's the end of the French league. It will become a B-League. Who would want to play there? I can see players feigning injuries just so they don't have to play for discount rates. Why risk your career?

    Monaco will have a run of championships as far as the eye can see, and I can see clauses being written into contracts that prohibit being traded to a tax hostile country like France, unless the club in question ups their salary to the point they make the same after tax income as in England let's say... and no club can afford that.

    So now you're pro-union?


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #4
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:39 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,445
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So now you're pro-union?
    In two posts, only minutes apart, you reveal how fundamentally dishonest you are.

    I stated the high taxes will hurt French soccer.
    Tell me... why do governments tax smokes and alcohol highly? What is the goal?

    What will the result be when someone taxes professional athletes at ridiculous rates?
    Will they want to stay?
    Will they want to risk injury?
    Will they be attracted to play in France?

    You try too hard to ascribe positions to people they didn't support, but what can you expect from a Lib? They're fundamentally dishonest.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  5. #5
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: French Soccer Clubs to Strike over 75% Tax Rate

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In two posts, only minutes apart, you reveal how fundamentally dishonest you are.

    I stated the high taxes will hurt French soccer.
    Tell me... why do governments tax smokes and alcohol highly? What is the goal?

    What will the result be when someone taxes professional athletes at ridiculous rates?
    Will they want to stay?
    Will they want to risk injury?
    Will they be attracted to play in France?

    You try too hard to ascribe positions to people they didn't support, but what can you expect from a Lib? They're fundamentally dishonest.
    Fundamentally dishonest? That would be you. You must be a Lib.

    If they're going on strike, that's a union action, isn't it? So do you support the union or not?

    Taxing smokes and alchohol is to bring in more revenue. They know most people aren't going to quit because of it. Tax breaks should be for those that bring a net gain to society. Say someone who "creates jobs." What is the gain to society of pro athletes? Do they create jobs? Many of them are highly involved in charity, but that's not a requirement, many are not.

    French soccer wasn't exactly the Premier League or Serie A anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •