Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 189

Thread: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Year's

  1. #171
    Educator
    Slyhunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    06-22-15 @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Every call center I've worked at has had a policy where it was against procedure to allow individuals to record calls. Either the person on the other line agrees to end the recording or I've been told to disconnect. Now I can't stop people from secretly recording a phone call but that's a different situation. I don't know if all centers have such a policy but I know all of the ones I've been a manager at have had such policies.

    Furthermore, because of the nature of information given someone can accidentally record private health information depending on the quality of their recorder. In order to protect customer privacy we disallow all recordings. This is not difficult to understand when you're not a blind partisan. When you have sensitive information to protect you don't allow recordings in order to protect client and customer info.

    Furthermore the legality of such recordings is a nightmare and common sense is to avoid such a headache by disallowing all calls from being recorded by someone calling into a call center.
    Recording Phone Calls and Conversations | Digital Media Law Project
    I work in a call center. Every call is recorded for security purposes.
    Islam is an antiquated religion and needs to either modernize with the times or be completely eradicated.
    There are two types of Muslims, terrorists, and their enablers. They need to fix that if they want to be part of civilized society.

  2. #172
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyhunter View Post
    I work in a call center. Every call is recorded for security purposes.
    Yep, the call center records the calls, and the person on the other line is not allowed to do so.

  3. #173
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    She was employed by the government and an American citizen asked her a question, which means her job was to tell the truth.
    I'm not convinced Hannity is a citizen because I haven't seen his birth certificate. And she wasn't a government employee. She's employed by a private firm.

  4. #174
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    I'm not convinced Hannity is a citizen because I haven't seen his birth certificate. And she wasn't a government employee. She's employed by a private firm.
    A private firm working for the government, dealing with unclassified material.

    Edward Snowden isn't in this much trouble...lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by annata View Post
    her job is to give out information, that's what she did.
    Granted it wasn't what her superiors wanted her to say, but she was doing her job
    The government has demonstrated they do not want to ever give out information either on Fast and Furious, Benghazi, the IRS, or this latest billion dollar boondoggle. Of all the people who should be fired or held accountable it turns out to be the 26-year-old Black mother of two who was just answering questions over the phone, but breaking the ongoing code of silence.

    Meanwhile the higher ups just gloat, laugh and pocket millions, and get the support from the ideologically driven (aka useless idiots) as well.

  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    She makes all customer service representatives look like bumbling idiots. With her removed from that position she is no longer able to assist in ruining the reputations of hard working individuals.
    No actually she does not. As I said before, she would have been fired at my job for not doing precisely what she did. I'm one of the top most operators in the company that I work for so I can say this with confidence. Unlike some employers apparently, there are those that encourage the telling of truth. And our clients appreciate that. The ones that ruin reputations are the ones that lie. Just look at our politicians for evidence of that.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Yep, the call center records the calls, and the person on the other line is not allowed to do so.
    Actually they can. You are however free to hang up on them also. Personally I always found it hypocritical of companies to demand that their calls be recorded but the moment someone informs them that they are also recording those companies throw a hissy fit.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    I wonder if snopes has exposed Hannity's little episode as a fake yet. It has all the earmarks.

  9. #179
    Guru
    annata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    beneath the bodi tree
    Last Seen
    02-16-17 @ 12:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by reinoe View Post
    Every call center I've worked at has had a policy where it was against procedure to allow individuals to record calls. Either the person on the other line agrees to end the recording or I've been told to disconnect. Now I can't stop people from secretly recording a phone call but that's a different situation. I don't know if all centers have such a policy but I know all of the ones I've been a manager at have had such policies.

    Furthermore, because of the nature of information given someone can accidentally record private health information depending on the quality of their recorder. In order to protect customer privacy we disallow all recordings. This is not difficult to understand when you're not a blind partisan. When you have sensitive information to protect you don't allow recordings in order to protect client and customer info.

    Furthermore the legality of such recordings is a nightmare and common sense is to avoid such a headache by disallowing all calls from being recorded by someone calling into a call center.
    Recording Phone Calls and Conversations | Digital Media Law Project
    I worked in a few call centers too, there is nothing I remeber that disallows a customer from saying they are going to record the call.
    The call centers responsibility is to INFORM the caller the call is being recorded, and get PERMISSION from the caller.

    If not we had to disconnect the call "for quality assurrance and training purposes the call will be recorded - may I continue" was the greeting.

    per your link:

    From a legal standpoint, the most important question in the recording context is whether you must get consent from one or all of the parties to a phone call or conversation before recording it.
    Federal law and many state wiretapping statutes permit recording if one party (including you) to the phone call or conversation consents. Other states require that all parties to the communication consent
    I've had plenty of callers tell me they were recording; I was never, ever told that was against Standards of Proceedure.

    Looking carefully through the link it DOES vary by state law.
    So in a call center if the caller told me they were recording, I would simply acknowledge that fact, and proceed with the call.
    In effect then both partys did agree to the recording. Which covers all states laws.
    Last edited by annata; 10-26-13 at 07:36 PM.
    Oṃ maṇi padme hūṃ

  10. #180
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,120
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Ye

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    No actually she does not. As I said before, she would have been fired at my job for not doing precisely what she did. I'm one of the top most operators in the company that I work for so I can say this with confidence. Unlike some employers apparently, there are those that encourage the telling of truth. And our clients appreciate that. The ones that ruin reputations are the ones that lie. Just look at our politicians for evidence of that.
    Look I think this disagreement comes from the types of contact centers we work with. We only have our own personal and professional experiences to rely on which are at odds with each other.

    For example, whenever our really ****ty computer systems are down, frozen, disconnecting, or simply running insanely slow: we are advised to tell customers something along the lines of: "our computers are being upgraded but since it's taking place during business hours there are some unexpected delays." See how that's diplomatic?

    We can't tell our customers that our computers are a pieces of garbage that operate on systems 10 years old because the company is too cheap to buy new ones even though it's true. We can't tell our customers that our phone systems are from nearly 25 years ago (I know because I've checked). There are ways to tell the truth without hurting the reputation of a company. We could be warned, written up, or fired depending on the severity of our error and the frequency of our errors.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •