Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 99

Thread: Top Republican Slams Ted Cruz: 'Show A Little Self-Restraint'

  1. #61
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,649

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Indeed, lack of spending in the right places is part of the problem. While waste is also an element that needs to be considered. But both pale in importance when put up against the problem of the very wealthy having stolen your country's prosperity. The simple fact that your country's income inequality is second worst in the world behind Mexico should be telling clearly what the major problem really is. And of course that along with the fact that your country has the highest per capita incomes in the entire world.

    I consider your argument of putting it back at the state level as opposed to federal spending to be a dishonest argument. That is simply because it's an argument for less social spending in states of the rightist persuasion. Or in other words, the dismal socially irresponsible hell that is now Texas would become even more so.

    If you want a rational discussion then act rational. Telling me that I want more spending is because that's the way I roll is nothing but meaningless drivel. I've made the attempt to refrain from the derogatory labelling of the tea party now, show that you can rise above yours too.

    If you are able to do that then I will start by telling you that Obama, through force or otherwise, has embarked on a mission to lower your country's debt. If you are honest you will admit that he has been successful in doing just that. His ACA would accomplish just that and so any adversity to it is totally irrational and political hate based.
    No...it is putting fiscal responsibility where it belongs. States cannot easily hide trillions of dollars of debt. Every state that offers services would simply be on the hook to PAY for them. I have no problem with citizens of the states requiring social spending. They simply would need to pay as they go and be responsible for the spending. Theres that whole responsibility thing again. Sucks...I know.

    Your last line is comical beyond words. Truly indicative of your mindset.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    It's the US that's out of step.
    The US doesn't need to be in step with any other country.

    (you'll notice I snipped your racist blather)
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #63
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    23,356

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Bush won't run.

    But, you know, much as it amuses me to see your Canadian, ultra-left nonsense, what really amuses me is when I think about how Obama is responsible for Cruz winning his Senate seat.

    LOL!!
    Funny you should mention that about Cruz. Here's another take.

    Ted Cruz does not represent the people of Texas because the people of Texas didn’t elect him. Ted Cruz represents a very small percentage of crazy people who cared enough about their agenda to take the time to vote. They are the same crazy people that supported GW Bush at the end of his presidency, they are the same crazy people that like Dick Cheney, they are the same crazy people who think Sarah Palin is qualified to be POTUS and they are the same crazy people who currently approve of Congress when they shut down the government. But they are the minority, not the majority. And yet they are portrayed by the media as the voice of the people. It makes me want to throw a shoe at the TV.

    The actual statistics show that Ted Cruz was elected by 4.4 million people in a state of 30 million. There are more people living in Harris County Texas, the state’s most populated county, than voted for Ted Cruz. There are more people living in Texas without insurance than voted for Ted Cruz.
    Daily Kos: Ted Cruz

  4. #64
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    You don't have to be crazy to like Dick Cheney. Awesome mother****er.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  5. #65
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh, please...

    You haven't proven anything. Heck, you haven't even successfully disputed anything that writer said. All you've done is trotted out a poll or two.
    You mean... I've trotted out the fact that every poll showed there would be a run-off election? Both before AND after March 6th? Well - alright. You're trying to expand your goal posts too much to defend a weakly sourced Op-Ed.

    The fact is, if the primary had been as originally scheduled, Cruz wouldn't have won
    Neither would Dewhurts, which is why we there was a run-off election - we have gone over this.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #66
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Neither would Dewhurts, which is why we there was a run-off election - we have gone over this.
    Did you cut off my quote on purpose?

    LOL!!
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  7. #67
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,842

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Funny you should mention that about Cruz. Here's another take.

    Daily Kos: Ted Cruz
    shrug...

    but that's not as funny as Obama helping Cruz win.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #68
    controlled chaos
    Gaugingcatenate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Formerly of the Southern USA, now permanently in the mountains of Panama
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,159

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    I feel like I have already succeeded in part by having you acknowledge that taxes need to go up. And to say that taxes don't need to go up to fund more spending is at least something we can partially agree upon. The reason I say 'partially' is because it appears from my outsider's viewpoint that spending is lacking in some areas. While of course I acknowledge that spending is wasteful in others. These are the ills that inflict all democracies within the capitalist system.

    A careful and considerate analysis of the status quo is required, not a kneejerk response such as is the tea party's. If perhaps you are able to acknowledge that then I think you are thinking a lot deeper than most of it's supporters. I know what they are! Their base is in libertarianism which in my opinion has been coopted away from that persuasion into serving the interests of the Koch brothers and their political ilk. An ilk that is totally concerned with lower taxation for them, not lower taxation for the ordinary guy. That's an impossibility, which incidentally you appear to understand quite well. And along with that there is the racist element. If you can't concede that then indeed we have nothing much to talk about. Only the degree to which it infests the tea parties is debatable.

    But let me return to my reference to 'kneejerk' reactions. I believe that a large part of the tea party is involving themselves in just that, even though I think that it's also race motivated. Taxes has become a buzzword that is harangued over with no real understanding of what it means to far too many of them. In fact, they're not mostly compalaining about their own tax base as they are complaining about the unequal tax base. Hence they scream of a fair tax and equal taxation without even giving an honest thought as to what the consequences would be.

    Aside from that, I'm very well versed in the libertarian agenda and the supplyside agenda as I took part on the supplyside forum and Jude Wanniski's talkshop for over ten years. Don't feel you need to talk in elementary terms with me on those topics. I know all about the 'pie in the sky' ideas of both. Or in truth 'that' because in an honest analysis, they're one and the same.

    I would suggest that America's problem isn't one of spending. That's my opening bid. The problem is one of not enough taxation and too many exemptions, tax dodges, earmarks to serve the wealthy, and so on. Simply put, I'm not afraid to suggest that it's not a case of the middle class and the poor trying to steal the money of the rich, it's a case of the middle class and poor trying to take back enough of what has been stolen from them in order to live a satisfactory lifestyle.

    And of course, I'm talking from a position of relative success as a Canadian. I think you would serve yourself well to give some consideration to what does work and what is obviously not working. Patriotism and pride needs to be placed on the back burner for a while. Not only is it destructive to your cause, it's being used by the wealthy to destroy your cause.
    First.

    Knee jerk reaction by the Tea Parties [they, we, are plural you know, not monolithic like some other parties we know of ],eh? Can you be a bit lesser broad brushed, mi amigo del norte, that nails may be properly driven into each particular prevarication following your trail down a rabbit hole... just a suggestion.

    Lets see...so then, you only want this side to just cave immediately, however awesome of you...then you, we might have us a decent conversation, huh? Because, even without a shred of proof we are automatically to jump upon your bandwagon along aside all other unproven negatives hurled at Tea Partiers, and for what...really?

    Rather it may be, because, deep down [don't worry, we all already know ], your side has corrupted in on itself, perhaps some has even rubbed off, hard not to, but now only vicariously sensing what, on this side of the border, being a Real American's about,and even more rarely able to have your own taste.

    Barking/jerkin this Koch stuff all about is just taking this way past its mainly hyped confabulatiousness, well past its expiration date. People on this side say similar trash re: your Soros guy, so get off trying to make it look like your side doesn't have the questionable guy/girl types..."assisting". Not saying its right on either side...another reason to look Tea Party...not a problem there...control is still pretty diffuse.

    Ah, so there's where the kneejerk reaction comment comes from. Your side's obsessive fixation. You know, I don't think I have met a single fellow nor gentlelady TPartier that ever even talked about the race of the President, except to perhaps discuss being called a racist... for no reason...again.

    Oh, and the other reason. Why else?

    The leftist maladies he is inflicting us with... pestilence or plague, pick your poison.

    You really, and I mean it, have the Tea Parties pretty much wrong. Dunno who you got scouting us, but wow, hope your are not paying them. Now you may still believe something radically different than what we may, that's just being American [even if Canadian American]... but to go so low, call us names like racists and all those others... kinda sad....plus just bad karma dude. Get how that incense smoke is a-drifting now?

    Oh, and we do, we really most certainly do, need spending cuts. I mean you are joking right, are not, not with a straight face, gonna tell me we don't are you? I may even agree we may need some raising as well, but as was stated wisely earlier, needs to be targeted towards reducing the debt and deficits...ONLY... I know that side likes to spend like the credit card has no limit...but...dudes....come on...
    Last edited by Gaugingcatenate; 10-21-13 at 06:41 PM.
    "...But resist we much, we must and we will much, about that be committed..." --- the right Reverend Alfred Charles "Al" Shaprton, Jr.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Did you cut off my quote on purpose?

    LOL!!
    Yes. I ignored the rest of your demonstratively false statement.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  10. #70
    Preserve Protect Defend
    Beaudreaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Covfefe, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,566

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    They act like democrtats, they're RINO's.
    Really? Being a conservative that wants the deficit and debt reduced, and the budget balanced, and the Tenth Amendment enforced, and a fair, truly fair tax code, makes them act like Democrats?

    What makes us different than Cruz and the Democrats you speak of, is that we understand that we aren't the end all know all of everything.

    You guys need to work with your friends, and not turn everyone against you with your hatred and unsustainable tactics. And that word, unsustainable, should be familiar to anyone that wants to reduce our debt and deficit.



    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I don't think it's a "scorched Earth" tactic to use the tools that the Constitution gives you. The democrats never hesitate, that's how they shoved the law through in the first place. It's not really reasonable to ask the republicans to hold back when the democrats haven't.
    Read my reply above. You just accused Republicans that don't agree with your tactics as acting like Democrats therefore they're RINO's, yet here above, you defend the Tea Party (Cruz and the like) for acting like and using the same tactics as Democrats by trying to force your agenda down the throats of the whole country.

    So which is it? We're the RINO's? Or are you???


    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    I am glad they decided to do something, so far, the coordinated strategy is to do nothing.
    No, the coordinated strategy is to use the system that exists. Which would have worked, had ObamaCare not been the first target of the Tea Party. If the first target would have been the debt, deficit and budget, the Democrats would have been on the defensive, and would have had to negotiate. As it was, the Tea Party gave the Democrats every weapon they needed to go on the offensive and make Cruz look like an outlying extremist. He's his own worst enemy, and doing more harm to the country than the Democrats unsustainable debt and deficits, by killing the relevance of the Republican Party in the national debate.

    Cruz and Palin are working for Cruz and Palin. Not for the country.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    The people that can't win elections are the Romney, McCain, and Jeb Bush types, not conservatives like Cruz.
    Please explain to me, how Ted Cruz can win a National Election? Please... I would love to hear your plan as to how this could ever happen.


    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    The house, unlike the Senate, is always up for election, 100% of it. It was an easy win for republicans.
    The House is elected by their singular districts. Comparing the US House of Representatives to a National Election is one of the false equivalencies that the Tea Party has made over and over. The Senate is better gauge, but is still not a guarantee of accuracy. The only nationally elected federal official is the President and VP. And that election is the only one that counts for a party as whole. I can explain further if you don't understand that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony60 View Post
    So, they wielded the power that they have with the House.
    No they didn't. They misapplied that power and got their ass handed to them. They should have coordinated the strategy and focused on attainable goals.

    The proof in my statements is the result of their failure.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •