Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 99

Thread: Top Republican Slams Ted Cruz: 'Show A Little Self-Restraint'

  1. #51
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I did all that?

    Do I get a ribbon or a trophy or something like that?

    I should at least get an "attaboy" for pointing out your hypocracy.
    Except I am not the hypocrite. Or...perhaps you can show me ANYWHERE that I have indicated red state handout types are superior to blue state handout types or in fact that I delineated it in ANY way. Its ALL wrong. It is ALL bankrupting future generations. I get why you dont want to see that.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Lol.... Okay, I'll play along with the goal post move. What I'm saying is that: every indication points to Dewhurst was never within a short distance of the required 50% at any point before the March 6th election - which supports the claim that regardless of what Obama did, there would still have been a runoff election.

    Again, this according to the standards YOU set. If you got proof of anything different, c'mon down and show us. If not? Retract your provably false statement.



    Lol, you have tried to present Op-Eds as proof of your statement. They have been proven to be false. You have tried to claim that Cruz had an uphill battle for his seat, he really did not. You have tried to claim Obama's lawsuit made it possible for there to be a runoff election, this is false. Your dishonesty is showing in spades. You haven't even been honest enough to own up to the fact that I have met every criteria you have set - while you have yet to provide a single tangible bit of evidence to support your claim. Your subjective observations are not consistent with what we know to be facts.
    Oh, please...

    You haven't proven anything. Heck, you haven't even successfully disputed anything that writer said. All you've done is trotted out a poll or two.

    The fact is, if the primary had been as originally scheduled, Cruz wouldn't have won...not even in a run off. But thanks to Obama Cruz got a lot more time to campaign...and the results are as we see.

    Thanks, Obama!!
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  3. #53
    Sage
    OldWorldOrder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Last Seen
    10-12-15 @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    He's an ideologue and a radical. "Self-restraint" really isn't their thing.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected.
    -GK Chesterton

  4. #54
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,673

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by OldWorldOrder View Post
    He's an ideologue and a radical. "Self-restraint" really isn't their thing.
    I just think he is a political whore playing to his crowd. He is, after all, a Texas politician. How else could he act and still be elected?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Are you just really pissed because the Tea PArty is now associated with something you like to have done to you on the weekends? Honestly...your 'bagger' references just make you come across like a douchebag. Through in the obligatory "Koch brothers" rheotic and you make it a 'total'. I am not a republican. I have never voted straight ticket and have not voted for a party democrat or republican since 2003. You really should consider ending your childish bagger **** and your mindless liberal rants.

    I left the party because of Bush and the GOP spending. If you are a fiscal conservative and cant see how fiscally irresponsible the GOP is, you are as mindless as the drones that support anything liberal. There are significant areas for cuts at every level of government. Healthcare and education reform is needed but it must be a state responsibility. As soon as they made it a fed function they did the exact same thing has gotten us to this point...they enabled the fed to continue to bury debt and dump it on future generations. And np...sorry...the answer to all the worlds ills is NOT to tax the **** out of the people in the country that have managed to demonstrate success. Yes...taxes need to go up, but not to enable more spending. Taxes need to go up in a targeted measure to pay down the debt.

    I will be more than happy to engage a debate on how that looks like long term and how to bring it about...but if all you have is more ridiculous left vs right rhetoric, then I'd say we have pretty much exhausted our conversation.
    I feel like I have already succeeded in part by having you acknowledge that taxes need to go up. And to say that taxes don't need to go up to fund more spending is at least something we can partially agree upon. The reason I say 'partially' is because it appears from my outsider's viewpoint that spending is lacking in some areas. While of course I acknowledge that spending is wasteful in others. These are the ills that inflict all democracies within the capitalist system.

    A careful and considerate analysis of the status quo is required, not a kneejerk response such as is the tea party's. If perhaps you are able to acknowledge that then I think you are thinking a lot deeper than most of it's supporters. I know what they are! Their base is in libertarianism which in my opinion has been coopted away from that persuasion into serving the interests of the Koch brothers and their political ilk. An ilk that is totally concerned with lower taxation for them, not lower taxation for the ordinary guy. That's an impossibility, which incidentally you appear to understand quite well. And along with that there is the racist element. If you can't concede that then indeed we have nothing much to talk about. Only the degree to which it infests the tea parties is debatable.

    But let me return to my reference to 'kneejerk' reactions. I believe that a large part of the tea party is involving themselves in just that, even though I think that it's also race motivated. Taxes has become a buzzword that is harangued over with no real understanding of what it means to far too many of them. In fact, they're not mostly compalaining about their own tax base as they are complaining about the unequal tax base. Hence they scream of a fair tax and equal taxation without even giving an honest thought as to what the consequences would be.

    Aside from that, I'm very well versed in the libertarian agenda and the supplyside agenda as I took part on the supplyside forum and Jude Wanniski's talkshop for over ten years. Don't feel you need to talk in elementary terms with me on those topics. I know all about the 'pie in the sky' ideas of both. Or in truth 'that' because in an honest analysis, they're one and the same.

    I would suggest that America's problem isn't one of spending. That's my opening bid. The problem is one of not enough taxation and too many exemptions, tax dodges, earmarks to serve the wealthy, and so on. Simply put, I'm not afraid to suggest that it's not a case of the middle class and the poor trying to steal the money of the rich, it's a case of the middle class and poor trying to take back enough of what has been stolen from them in order to live a satisfactory lifestyle.

    And of course, I'm talking from a position of relative success as a Canadian. I think you would serve yourself well to give some consideration to what does work and what is obviously not working. Patriotism and pride needs to be placed on the back burner for a while. Not only is it destructive to your cause, it's being used by the wealthy to destroy your cause.

  6. #56
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    I feel like I have already succeeded in part by having you acknowledge that taxes need to go up. And to say that taxes don't need to go up to fund more spending is at least something we can partially agree upon. The reason I say 'partially' is because it appears from my outsider's viewpoint that spending is lacking in some areas. While of course I acknowledge that spending is wasteful in others. These are the ills that inflict all democracies within the capitalist system.

    A careful and considerate analysis of the status quo is required, not a kneejerk response such as is the tea party's. If perhaps you are able to acknowledge that then I think you are thinking a lot deeper than most of it's supporters. I know what they are! Their base is in libertarianism which in my opinion has been coopted away from that persuasion into serving the interests of the Koch brothers and their political ilk. An ilk that is totally concerned with lower taxation for them, not lower taxation for the ordinary guy. That's an impossibility, which incidentally you appear to understand quite well. And along with that there is the racist element. If you can't concede that then indeed we have nothing much to talk about. Only the degree to which it infests the tea parties is debatable.

    But let me return to my reference to 'kneejerk' reactions. I believe that a large part of the tea party is involving themselves in just that, even though I think that it's also race motivated. Taxes has become a buzzword that is harangued over with no real understanding of what it means to far too many of them. In fact, they're not mostly compalaining about their own tax base as they are complaining about the unequal tax base. Hence they scream of a fair tax and equal taxation without even giving an honest thought as to what the consequences would be.

    Aside from that, I'm very well versed in the libertarian agenda and the supplyside agenda as I took part on the supplyside forum and Jude Wanniski's talkshop for over ten years. Don't feel you need to talk in elementary terms with me on those topics. I know all about the 'pie in the sky' ideas of both. Or in truth 'that' because in an honest analysis, they're one and the same.

    I would suggest that America's problem isn't one of spending. That's my opening bid. The problem is one of not enough taxation and too many exemptions, tax dodges, earmarks to serve the wealthy, and so on. Simply put, I'm not afraid to suggest that it's not a case of the middle class and the poor trying to steal the money of the rich, it's a case of the middle class and poor trying to take back enough of what has been stolen from them in order to live a satisfactory lifestyle.

    And of course, I'm talking from a position of relative success as a Canadian. I think you would serve yourself well to give some consideration to what does work and what is obviously not working. Patriotism and pride needs to be placed on the back burner for a while. Not only is it destructive to your cause, it's being used by the wealthy to destroy your cause.
    Your 'success' is about 4 years too late. I have made very clear statements on taxes since I began posting on this site.
    The difference is you want more taxes for more spending cuz, thats how you roll. I want more taxes to pay down the debt and a radically gutted federal government with social services and spending placed back where they belong...at the individual state levels.

    17 trillion in debt and climbing. Unemployment still a scourge and new jobs are 'part time' jobs. We are not on a positive path and WONT be until people no longer view ever increasing debt as a viable option for spending. Period. Whats pathetic is that you and people you would marginalize and villainize the few people in this country that are actually trying to create a fiscally responsible future. But then...**** the future...its not like you have to pay for it.

  7. #57
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Your 'success' is about 4 years too late. I have made very clear statements on taxes since I began posting on this site.
    The difference is you want more taxes for more spending cuz, thats how you roll. I want more taxes to pay down the debt and a radically gutted federal government with social services and spending placed back where they belong...at the individual state levels.

    17 trillion in debt and climbing. Unemployment still a scourge and new jobs are 'part time' jobs. We are not on a positive path and WONT be until people no longer view ever increasing debt as a viable option for spending. Period. Whats pathetic is that you and people you would marginalize and villainize the few people in this country that are actually trying to create a fiscally responsible future. But then...**** the future...its not like you have to pay for it.
    Michael won't have to pay for his ultra-left nonsense anyway. He's Canadian.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  8. #58
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,721

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Michael won't have to pay for his ultra-left nonsense anyway. He's Canadian.
    Point remains the same...

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Your 'success' is about 4 years too late. I have made very clear statements on taxes since I began posting on this site.
    The difference is you want more taxes for more spending cuz, thats how you roll. I want more taxes to pay down the debt and a radically gutted federal government with social services and spending placed back where they belong...at the individual state levels.

    17 trillion in debt and climbing. Unemployment still a scourge and new jobs are 'part time' jobs. We are not on a positive path and WONT be until people no longer view ever increasing debt as a viable option for spending. Period. Whats pathetic is that you and people you would marginalize and villainize the few people in this country that are actually trying to create a fiscally responsible future. But then...**** the future...its not like you have to pay for it.
    Indeed, lack of spending in the right places is part of the problem. While waste is also an element that needs to be considered. But both pale in importance when put up against the problem of the very wealthy having stolen your country's prosperity. The simple fact that your country's income inequality is second worst in the world behind Mexico should be telling clearly what the major problem really is. And of course that along with the fact that your country has the highest per capita incomes in the entire world.

    I consider your argument of putting it back at the state level as opposed to federal spending to be a dishonest argument. That is simply because it's an argument for less social spending in states of the rightist persuasion. Or in other words, the dismal socially irresponsible hell that is now Texas would become even more so.

    If you want a rational discussion then act rational. Telling me that I want more spending is because that's the way I roll is nothing but meaningless drivel. I've made the attempt to refrain from the derogatory labelling of the tea party now, show that you can rise above yours too.

    If you are able to do that then I will start by telling you that Obama, through force or otherwise, has embarked on a mission to lower your country's debt. If you are honest you will admit that he has been successful in doing just that. His ACA would accomplish just that and so any adversity to it is totally irrational and political hate based.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Michael won't have to pay for his ultra-left nonsense anyway. He's Canadian.
    My remarks which you consider ultra-left nonsense are in fact pretty well middle of the road for the world's most successful countries. It's the US that's out of step. But that's being rational about it and that's something that the tea baggers are totally incapable of right now. You really only need to get rid of your black president and your happiness will return. Racism is a hell of a thing isn't it.

    Another issue that needs discussing is the notion I've heard lately of the divide between the north and the south has something to do with all your country's problems. It's the idea that the south never did accept defeat and is still trying to fight the civil war all over again. Considering the mentality of lowlife trash in your country's south, I think the idea has some merit.

    A black president is just totally out of the question. That's your country's biggest problem by far.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •