Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 99

Thread: Top Republican Slams Ted Cruz: 'Show A Little Self-Restraint'

  1. #41
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Omigosh....

    For one...lets start with a headline posted by the HuPo...PROBABLY going to be a little bit slanted. Did those comments REALLY sound like he was 'slamming' Ted Cruz?
    Then...lets go to who they interviewed...a decent enough politician...a rather center of the road republican...a guy named "Jeb Bush". Do you think ANYONE on the left is goign to go to Bush for commentary on...say...Obama, the ACA, or democrat inaction and the swelling debt?
    Ted Cruz went home to a rousing 8 minute standing ovation. His constituents back his action.More importantly...if any of your children or grandchildren read about this era in history they too are going to back him and in fact wonder what the **** some of you people are thinking and just HOW the **** do you celebrate as a 'victory' a bunch of politicians ignoring fiscal reality and dumping 17 trillion and counting in debt on them.
    The reality is that establishment republicans and democrats are the same. Both are responsible for putting us in the mess we are in and if they have their way, both of them will continue to bump the debt ceiling every year or so like clockwork. 1 trillion here, 2 trillion there, three trillion the next year...ooooops, that program didnt work at ALL like we expected, so heres about trillion...congress spends like crack fiends and people call Cruz and those that stand against unfettered spending the 'extremists'.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Omigosh....

    For one...lets start with a headline posted by the HuPo...PROBABLY going to be a little bit slanted. Did those comments REALLY sound like he was 'slamming' Ted Cruz?
    Then...lets go to who they interviewed...a decent enough politician...a rather center of the road republican...a guy named "Jeb Bush". Do you think ANYONE on the left is goign to go to Bush for commentary on...say...Obama, the ACA, or democrat inaction and the swelling debt?
    Ted Cruz went home to a rousing 8 minute standing ovation. His constituents back his action.More importantly...if any of your children or grandchildren read about this era in history they too are going to back him and in fact wonder what the **** some of you people are thinking and just HOW the **** do you celebrate as a 'victory' a bunch of politicians ignoring fiscal reality and dumping 17 trillion and counting in debt on them.
    The reality is that establishment republicans and democrats are the same. Both are responsible for putting us in the mess we are in and if they have their way, both of them will continue to bump the debt ceiling every year or so like clockwork. 1 trillion here, 2 trillion there, three trillion the next year...ooooops, that program didnt work at ALL like we expected, so heres about trillion...congress spends like crack fiends and people call Cruz and those that stand against unfettered spending the 'extremists'.
    Backing the bagger party and it's cohorts is contradictory to what you're saying. Your country's biggest problem is that not enough taxes are being collected. Understand that first of all! Then when you understand that try to determine just 'who' isn't paying enough in taxes. It couldn't possible be your peons as you're always complaining about paying too much.

    Can't you see how ordinary poor people like you are involved in a conflict of interest by supporting the Koch brothers' party?

    You need to face the fact that it's a marriage of angry people made in hell that consists of extremists on both the right and left. Natural enemies in fact! Not unlike Canada's failed extremist Reform Party.

  3. #43
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    Backing the bagger party and it's cohorts is contradictory to what you're saying. Your country's biggest problem is that not enough taxes are being collected. Understand that first of all! Then when you understand that try to determine just 'who' isn't paying enough in taxes. It couldn't possible be your peons as you're always complaining about paying too much.

    Can't you see how ordinary poor people like you are involved in a conflict of interest by supporting the Koch brothers' party?

    You need to face the fact that it's a marriage of angry people made in hell that consists of extremists on both the right and left. Natural enemies in fact! Not unlike Canada's failed extremist Reform Party.
    That isnt at all the problem. The problem is that congress spends more money than they take. It is also a fact that there are a whole lot of people today demanding services that someone else should pay for. Even using words like "restraint" and "fiscal responsibility" ought to make your keyboard explode.

  4. #44
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,873

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Ah, so you want some which are before March 6th 2012? Fine:

    United States Senate election in Texas, 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Attachment 67155380

    There you go, just 2 months before Drewhurst was still not getting 50% of the vote which means there would have still been a runoff election regardless of Obama's actions. You know, a simple scroll through the 2012 Texas Senate Election would have saved you the embarrassment.
    Oh...you are saying that because a poll showed Dewhurst with less than 50% before the election that he would not have gotten 50% or more if the election had been held in March? That's a bit naive, don't you think?

    The fact is, Cruz never would have been a real contender if it hadn't been for the extra time he received to campaign from Obama.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,066

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Oh...you are saying that because a poll showed Dewhurst with less than 50% before the election that he would not have gotten 50% or more if the election had been held in March?
    Lol.... Okay, I'll play along with the goal post move. What I'm saying is that: every indication points to Dewhurst was never within a short distance of the required 50% at any point before the March 6th election - which supports the claim that regardless of what Obama did, there would still have been a runoff election.

    Again, this according to the standards YOU set. If you got proof of anything different, c'mon down and show us. If not? Retract your provably false statement.

    That's a bit naive, don't you think?

    The fact is, Cruz never would have been a real contender if it hadn't been for the extra time he received to campaign from Obama.
    Lol, you have tried to present Op-Eds as proof of your statement. They have been proven to be false. You have tried to claim that Cruz had an uphill battle for his seat, he really did not. You have tried to claim Obama's lawsuit made it possible for there to be a runoff election, this is false. Your dishonesty is showing in spades. You haven't even been honest enough to own up to the fact that I have met every criteria you have set - while you have yet to provide a single tangible bit of evidence to support your claim. Your subjective observations are not consistent with what we know to be facts.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 10-21-13 at 02:28 PM.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Seen
    11-12-13 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    433

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That isnt at all the problem. The problem is that congress spends more money than they take. It is also a fact that there are a whole lot of people today demanding services that someone else should pay for. Even using words like "restraint" and "fiscal responsibility" ought to make your keyboard explode.
    No doubt you're right when you say congress spends more money than the take. That's what I said but in different words. What you're really trying to say is that congress wastes. Or at least, you're trying to say that social programs are waste.

    With your health care system that's at least true because it costs roughly twice as much per capita as does Canada's.

    If other social spending in America is high, and I doubt it is in comparison to other first world countries, then you need to ask yourselves why that could be. It could be because a large part of American society is dysfunctional and if that is so then trying to deprive society of what it justly needs is the wrong approach because it's counter productive.

    If any of you Americans was really interested in fixing the problems then you would be offering solutions on how to fix the problem. Not just involving yourselves in hating others which is the whole agenda of the lowlife baggers. One need only look at a gathering of them to see what their problem really is.

    The tea bagger party isn't interested in teaching people restraint. That's all well beyond their mental capabilities. And so, more power in the hands of the baggers is ensuring more and bigger problems.

    I don't know how America can now return to something approaching normalcy but I know that needs to be done before some of the problems start to be worked on in an honest way. The tea bagger rationale is not consistent with a successful society such as Canada has made for itself. Hate is the exact opposite of success and a coming together of the people with a view to a better society.

    I suspect that good things will happen in America once Obama is gone and the object of the racist hate is not there to encourage all the ugliness and bitterness between Americans of different political persuasions. Outsiders would almost think that leftists are a different species than rightists to hear the hate rhetoric being thrown around. That needs to stop first before anything can be accomplished. And that will defuse the notion that social programs need to be eliminated too.

    It's not the rest of the world that is out of step with America.

  7. #47
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    That isnt at all the problem. The problem is that congress spends more money than they take. It is also a fact that there are a whole lot of people today demanding services that someone else should pay for. Even using words like "restraint" and "fiscal responsibility" ought to make your keyboard explode.
    Is it true that most states that are demanding services, that other people should pay for are, in fact, red states?

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #48
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael66 View Post
    No doubt you're right when you say congress spends more money than the take. That's what I said but in different words. What you're really trying to say is that congress wastes. Or at least, you're trying to say that social programs are waste.

    With your health care system that's at least true because it costs roughly twice as much per capita as does Canada's.

    If other social spending in America is high, and I doubt it is in comparison to other first world countries, then you need to ask yourselves why that could be. It could be because a large part of American society is dysfunctional and if that is so then trying to deprive society of what it justly needs is the wrong approach because it's counter productive.

    If any of you Americans was really interested in fixing the problems then you would be offering solutions on how to fix the problem. Not just involving yourselves in hating others which is the whole agenda of the lowlife baggers. One need only look at a gathering of them to see what their problem really is.

    The tea bagger party isn't interested in teaching people restraint. That's all well beyond their mental capabilities. And so, more power in the hands of the baggers is ensuring more and bigger problems.

    I don't know how America can now return to something approaching normalcy but I know that needs to be done before some of the problems start to be worked on in an honest way. The tea bagger rationale is not consistent with a successful society such as Canada has made for itself. Hate is the exact opposite of success and a coming together of the people with a view to a better society.

    I suspect that good things will happen in America once Obama is gone and the object of the racist hate is not there to encourage all the ugliness and bitterness between Americans of different political persuasions. Outsiders would almost think that leftists are a different species than rightists to hear the hate rhetoric being thrown around. That needs to stop first before anything can be accomplished. And that will defuse the notion that social programs need to be eliminated too.

    It's not the rest of the world that is out of step with America.
    Are you just really pissed because the Tea PArty is now associated with something you like to have done to you on the weekends? Honestly...your 'bagger' references just make you come across like a douchebag. Through in the obligatory "Koch brothers" rheotic and you make it a 'total'. I am not a republican. I have never voted straight ticket and have not voted for a party democrat or republican since 2003. You really should consider ending your childish bagger **** and your mindless liberal rants.

    I left the party because of Bush and the GOP spending. If you are a fiscal conservative and cant see how fiscally irresponsible the GOP is, you are as mindless as the drones that support anything liberal. There are significant areas for cuts at every level of government. Healthcare and education reform is needed but it must be a state responsibility. As soon as they made it a fed function they did the exact same thing has gotten us to this point...they enabled the fed to continue to bury debt and dump it on future generations. And np...sorry...the answer to all the worlds ills is NOT to tax the **** out of the people in the country that have managed to demonstrate success. Yes...taxes need to go up, but not to enable more spending. Taxes need to go up in a targeted measure to pay down the debt.

    I will be more than happy to engage a debate on how that looks like long term and how to bring it about...but if all you have is more ridiculous left vs right rhetoric, then I'd say we have pretty much exhausted our conversation.

  9. #49
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,706

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Is it true that most states that are demanding services, that other people should pay for are, in fact, red states?
    Sure. And your point? Oh...wait...I get it. You cant think past red and blue, left vs right, and you think there is actually some sort of ideological difference. Its you and people like you from both parties that have created that nasty debt sinkhole. Well done. :Points scored. You 'win'. Except...you dont. No one does. But hey...WTG!!!

  10. #50
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Now the Guns are Getting too Big to Primary

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Sure. And your point? Oh...wait...I get it. You cant think past red and blue, left vs right, and you think there is actually some sort of ideological difference. Its you and people like you from both parties that have created that nasty debt sinkhole. Well done. :Points scored. You 'win'. Except...you dont. No one does. But hey...WTG!!!
    I did all that?

    Do I get a ribbon or a trophy or something like that?

    I should at least get an "attaboy" for pointing out your hypocracy.

    My brother is much like you in some ways. He cusses Obama. He bad mouths liberals at every turn.

    Yet, I don't think he has worked and paid taxes for over 4-5 years his entire life. His medical is free. Rent assistance. Food stamps. The whole 9 yards. I rarely even speak to him he is such a negative person. Not to mention a hypocrite.
    Last edited by Captain America; 10-21-13 at 02:49 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •