Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

  1. #41
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    BTW, why is it that you keep harping on Republicans voting to destroy the middle class? Do you honestly think all Republicans are rich people flying around in corporate jets? And you do realize that this new health care law, on top of the student loans you guys are getting screwed with, will hold your generation down like none before? I understand your cynism, but if you think you are going to fix it with Obama's policies you are sorely mistaken.
    No, a lot of Republicans are lower middle class white people who just don't know anything. Like my nextdoor neighbors. Good hearted and hardworking, but know absolutely nothing about politics or economics. They get sold on the makers vs takers and welfare draining our country nonsense, while voting trickle down economics into congress and the white house. What holds us down is the self centered mentality that dominated American politics in the 70s and 80s. It built up a big bubble that a lot of people got to profit from. And the inevitable burst fell down right on us.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #42
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    There is not much difference between the catastrophic and Bronze planes. Most will not be able to afford the deductible or co-insurance payments...
    So....you want people to have the choice of high deductible "catastrophic" plans because they are cheaper but you want to complain about them having high deductibles?

    Since you claim to be versed on the difference between the Bronze plan and catastrophic plan then please post your rates comparison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  3. #43
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So....you want people to have the choice of high deductible "catastrophic" plans because they are cheaper but you want to complain about them having high deductibles?

    Since you claim to be versed on the difference between the Bronze plan and catastrophic plan then please post your rates comparison.
    I didn't post about rates only coverage and deductibles/co-insurance costs...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Seen
    02-18-14 @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,660

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    OK to blame this administration for shaking up the health care markets. I get that. Exactly, how is the administration hard on home ownership? What to they have to do with increased property taxes and municipal taxes, as those are local matters. Perhaps you would like to blame the weather and the NY Giants 0-6 start on the administration as well?


    Now, you could blame sequester and federal income tax cuts for cutting spending and thereby reducing aid to states, which forced local tax increases, but that is more congress than the current administration.
    Less federal program money is available to the state and municipals thus they raise taxes on their constituents to make up the difference. Everyone giving Obama credit for lowering taxes is hogwash as almost everyone has their overall taxes raise over the last 6 years.

    Higher property taxes, ACA tax coupled with higher premiums with lower coverage is making people get out of their homes. We bought several in 08, 2 in 10', and three this past year, two of those were from the owners and now we rent them to those same people.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    No, a lot of Republicans are lower middle class white people who just don't know anything. Like my nextdoor neighbors. Good hearted and hardworking, but know absolutely nothing about politics or economics. They get sold on the makers vs takers and welfare draining our country nonsense, while voting trickle down economics into congress and the white house. What holds us down is the self centered mentality that dominated American politics in the 70s and 80s. It built up a big bubble that a lot of people got to profit from. And the inevitable burst fell down right on us.
    Do you think Republicans were immune to that? And what in today's policies do you think will fix it?

    At the end of the 80s I had just graduated HS. I'm still trying to figure out how I ruined your life.

    Some things to consider:

    The job I had lined up for after high school dissolved when I had an accident at work and sawed off two of my fingers. My father, who was career military could not afford to send me to college. The military deemed me ineligible for draft because I would not be able to assemble my sidearm. When the housing bubble burst I lost a home. And yet thru years of hard work I came out of it with a business, no credit cards, no debt, and if I don't make a quarter million this year I won't miss by much. None of it came by way of a handout, and self employed people are not eligible for many of the social programs. And yet with all of that many would now consider me "rich" and demand the government take it all to support those poor people who never caught a break. I made my own breaks, and I certainly didn't win every battle. The thing about being a CONSERVATIVE (because I am not a Republican) is that we believe that working hard is the path to success, and that once you achieve it it should be yours to keep.

  6. #46
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,053

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Less federal program money is available to the state and municipals thus they raise taxes on their constituents to make up the difference. Everyone giving Obama credit for lowering taxes is hogwash as almost everyone has their overall taxes raise over the last 6 years.

    Higher property taxes, ACA tax coupled with higher premiums with lower coverage is making people get out of their homes. We bought several in 08, 2 in 10', and three this past year, two of those were from the owners and now we rent them to those same people.
    That's a crock! Do you want to produce evidence that the ACA is making people get of out of their homes? No, because you can't. You would rather blame Obama for everything that is wrong in life, including the weather and the Giants 0-6 start.

    The federal government has cut aid to states and local governments, which means states and local governments have raised taxes. This is largely driven by your friends on the right side of the aisle. I have yet to understand why the Cons never come to grips with the consequences of their actions.

    Sorry, but the world demands a more discerning mind....
    Last edited by upsideguy; 10-21-13 at 08:39 PM.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by tech30528 View Post
    For now it is. 1% is small enough, next year it goes to 2%, then 2.5%, and from there it can be adjusted as Nanny sees fit. Thing is people may opt to pay the penalty this year, but as time goes on insurance is going to get more and more expensive as the true costs become apparent. Eventually people will not be able to afford either the premiums or the fines, and then what?
    Then the law fails.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    True. But then you don't have insurance.
    I can hold off on insurance until I get it from a boss. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if the law wasn't SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to get the young and healthy to pay for literally everything under the sun.

  9. #49
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,121

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I can hold off on insurance until I get it from a boss. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if the law wasn't SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to get the young and healthy to pay for literally everything under the sun.
    Nothing is free. Somebody has to pay. I don't like it anymore than you do, but until euthanasia enters the discussion, here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    The economy will improve under this bill. If a few people die, it will be for the betterament of this country.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Seen
    08-19-16 @ 02:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    5,243

    Re: Premiums for young healthy people will jump in 45 states under Obamacare

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    I can hold off on insurance until I get it from a boss. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem if the law wasn't SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED to get the young and healthy to pay for literally everything under the sun.
    Ironic, isn't it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •