Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 132

Thread: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

  1. #101
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,223

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    What's interesting is both of Tennessee's senators voted yes for the bill, but all of Tennessee's republican house members voted no.

  2. #102
    Educator

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Kingdom of Nigh
    Last Seen
    10-13-17 @ 11:25 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Slyfox696 View Post
    Yup. Which is why it makes sense to use money which was already going to be spent to be spent in a manner which prevents economic devastation.

    If this $2b prevented the US from defaulting, and the $2b wasn't spent, then it could have. This is not a hard thing to understand.

    I get the feeling you learned what "status quo" means recently and are intent on using it as often as you can in an attempt to make people think you are more intelligent. Of course, you clearly don't understand what it means, because it in no way represents my position.

    No, I'm not supporting wasting money. What I'm supporting is understanding the reality of what we had. You don't seem to understand the reality of what we had.

    Indeed it is and I never plan on doing any other, but I'm not a government and not one who is the foundation for economics across the world.

    Apparently you haven't figured out the difference between an individual and a government. Hopefully someday you will.
    Like I said, keep supporting the status quo, keep supporting payoffs and bribes for votes, keep supporting going deeper and deeper into debt, keep supporting kicking the can down the road, keep supporting adding more and more bills that we already cant afford...sooner or later that monster you are supporting and propping up will have to be dealt with. And the longer we keep letting it go on as it has been the more people are going to be hurt by it.
    Know the truth and the truth will make you mad, because the truth has no agenda.

  3. #103
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    C'mon, troop! Surely YOU understand that I never said there wasn't waste going on inside the DOD, but the Libbos' notion the funding the military is wasteful spending is ****ing stupid.
    But I don't think that is the notion that they put forth. I think most liberals believe as I do that our military is wasteful and bloated. The "spend it or you lose it" mentality has to go. The dishonest labeling of ALL liberals as anti-military simply for suggesting that we cut spending is ridiculous IMO. Im sure there are some liberals that think we don't need a military at all, however, you don't see idiots like that gain any sort of traction in the public arena.
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  4. #104
    Haters gon' hate
    MarineTpartier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    01-04-16 @ 04:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,586
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Planar View Post
    What's interesting is both of Tennessee's senators voted yes for the bill, but all of Tennessee's republican house members voted no.
    That's because both of Tennessee's Senators are friggin RINO's. I've known that awhile (I live there).
    “Mr. Speaker, I once again find myself compelled to vote against the annual budget resolution for a very simple reason: it makes government bigger.” ― Ron Paul
    Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

  5. #105
    Sage
    Lord of Planar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Portlandia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,223

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    That's because both of Tennessee's Senators are friggin RINO's. I've known that awhile (I live there).
    In all honesty, I figured this was to buy the house votes of republicans. not the senate votes. I was wrong on this one, else the house members just didn't bite...

  6. #106
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by MarineTpartier View Post
    But I don't think that is the notion that they put forth. I think most liberals believe as I do that our military is wasteful and bloated. The "spend it or you lose it" mentality has to go. The dishonest labeling of ALL liberals as anti-military simply for suggesting that we cut spending is ridiculous IMO. Im sure there are some liberals that think we don't need a military at all, however, you don't see idiots like that gain any sort of traction in the public arena.
    Most Libbos are going to oppose most military spending. They believe that our armed forces should be trimmed down to nothing more than a defense force, with no offensive deployment capabilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #107
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Most Libbos are going to oppose most military spending. They believe that our armed forces should be trimmed down to nothing more than a defense force, with no offensive deployment capabilities.
    oh you mean like the terms and limits placed upon the Germans by the Versailles treaty at the end of the first world war?

  8. #108
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    oh you mean like the terms and limits placed upon the Germans by the Versailles treaty at the end of the first world war?
    What's your point? Do you even have one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #109
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,909

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    What's your point? Do you even have one?
    i'm just saying that we liberals could be sadistic and implement the same restrictions on our military like the ones placed upon the germans at the end of the first world war.

  10. #110
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,319

    Re: $2 billion ‘kentucky kickback’ in budget

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    i'm just saying that we liberals could be sadistic and implement the same restrictions on our military like the ones placed upon the germans at the end of the first world war.
    Ok?......................
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •