Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 497

Thread: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

  1. #401
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Are you not paying attention?

    That part of the law is inapplicable because it was added after the incident.
    Proof? Or post number if you have already given it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    But for entertainments sake, lets say it was in effect.
    From the evidence, it does not appear she was incapacitated.
    So it would be hard to prove.
    Being drunk alone means you do not have the capacity to consent. There is a difference between "incapacitated" and "lacks the capacity". Incapacitated refers to being unconscious or rendered incapable of giving consent. Lack of capacity means that you can still be conscious and even make decisions but your ability to make informed reasonable decisions is skewed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Secondly, it then could be argued that he too was unable to give consent to sex.
    At which point it would come down to who initated the sex. Him or her. Considering their ages and the fact that him and his friends gave alcohol to a 14 and 13 year old that was no doubt initiated by the boys. Not to mention they had audio and video confessions.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  2. #402
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Proof? Or post number if you have already given it?
    Really?
    You are going to sit there and act like it isn't your responsibility to be informed of the information that has already been provided?
    This is the second time. It will be the last.
    Get your self informed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Missouri expanded its rape, sodomy and sexual abuse laws, effective Aug. 28, to cover cases of sexual contact when a person is incapacitated or incapable of giving consent. Those crimes previously had required "forcible compulsion." State Rep. Jay Barnes, R-Jefferson City, who had supported that change, said Tuesday that it was prompted at least partly by the Steubenville case.

    Daisy Coleman Rape Case Can't Be Reopened By Missouri Attorney General


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Being drunk alone means you do not have the capacity to consent. There is a difference between "incapacitated" and "lacks the capacity". Incapacitated refers to being unconscious or rendered incapable of giving consent. Lack of capacity means that you can still be conscious and even make decisions but your ability to make informed reasonable decisions is skewed.
    And by the evidence she was neither at the time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    At which point it would come down to who initated the sex. Him or her. Considering their ages and the fact that him and his friends gave alcohol to a 14 and 13 year old that was no doubt initiated by the boys. Not to mention they had audio and video confessions.
    Wow!

    No doubt huh? Not!

    Look at that uninformed assumption.
    She was drinking before she left her house.
    And she continued to drink on her own.
    That is what teenagers do.
    Just as the boys drank on their own also.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-24-13 at 11:50 AM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #403
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Would you not go to bat for your own daughter in the same situation? If not, then I would consider you cowardly.
    I think it is cowardly for a person excuse their own daughters actions and blame someone else when the evidence says their daughter is lying.


    So again.
    Lets reverse this.
    Lets say is was your son in this scenario.
    The evidence is that the girl lied. It was consensual and she was conscious.

    Who are you going to believe?

    Your son, the evidence and a Prosecutor who said it was basically nothing more than teens being teens, or some unhinged mother and lying daughter?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #404
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I think it is cowardly for a person excuse their own daughters actions and blame someone else when the evidence says their daughter is lying.


    So again.
    Lets reverse this.
    Lets say is was your son in this scenario.
    The evidence is that the girl lied. It was consensual and she was conscious.

    Who are you going to believe?

    Your son, the evidence and a Prosecutor who said it was basically nothing more than teens being teens, or some unhinged mother and lying daughter?
    And again, you are completely missing my point.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #405
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    And again, you are completely missing my point.
    Not at all.
    I put your point into proper perspective as being one of emotion, not logic.

    But I am sure we all know where you would stand if this was your son being falsely accused.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #406
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Not at all.
    I put your point into proper perspective as being one of emotion, not logic.

    But I am sure we all know where you would stand if this was your son being falsely accused.
    I seriously doubt you do know, but you can believe whatever you want.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  7. #407
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I seriously doubt you do know, but you can believe whatever you want.
    Sureeeeeeeeee!
    You would illogically go to bat, against the evidence, for your daughter, yet you suggest that I don't know what you would do for your son that is in accord with the evidence? Sure. Tell yourself anything you want.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #408
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Yeah, sure. Find me some rape cases which were prosecuted without victim cooperation. There may be a few, but they are rare. My point is that if I believed my daughter had been raped, it would essentially take an act of God to keep from trying to intervene on her behalf. If you think that amounts to sort of irrational diatribe, then I'd say you don't understand at all. Would you not go to bat for your own daughter in the same situation? If not, then I would consider you cowardly.
    You're veering off what you initially stated - you stated about what a person refusing to testify tells you about their situation. It doesn't tell you jack because you don't know why they're refusing to testify.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #409
    Sage
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    East Coast - USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:40 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,497

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I think it is cowardly for a person excuse their own daughters actions and blame someone else when the evidence says their daughter is lying.
    Regarding the Daisy Coleman case specifically, you have no friggin clue what the evidence is, and because there's some reasonable cause to doubt the integrity of the original "investigation" there is perfectly sound reasons for re-opening the investigation, and trying to get to the truth of the situation without potentially biased sources leading the charge.

    What's important is finding out the truth, then rendering justice.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Regarding the Daisy Coleman case specifically, you have no friggin clue what the evidence is,
    Wrong. It is you who have no clue, as actual evidence has been noted in the discussion.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •