Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 497

Thread: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

  1. #231
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 07:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,897

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    The small town turned on her, or the small town turned her on?
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #232
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You certainly don't seem interested in the presumption of innocence or requiring proof beyond a reasonable doubt. You want a jury trial guaranteed to result in conviction, no?
    I don't get your point. Your conclusion is that the Sheriff is lying when he said he thought they had a very strong case against this punk?
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    The small town turned on her, or the small town turned her on?
    Hilarious.
    "Groups with guitars are on the way out, Mr. Epstein"

    Dick Rowe, A & R man
    Decca Records
    London, 1962

  4. #234
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    I'm pretty sure getting a 14 year old kid drunk and then having forcible sex with her is not legal, but maybe it is where you come from.
    I could be wrong here, but I am pretty sure that it was consensual sex based on what the prosecutor said.

    Let me quote it for the umpteenth time.

    Rice said charges were dropped for lack of evidence, but he added, declining to go into the specifics, that information brought to his attention regarding what happened “before, during and after” the incident also played a role in his actions.

    “There wasn’t any prosecuting attorney that could take that case to trial,” he said.

    “It had to be dismissed. And it was.”

    The parent of one of the teens at the Barnett house that night was the only one to comment briefly to The Star: “Our boys deserve an apology, and they haven’t gotten it yet.”

    In a later interview, Rice called it a case of “incorrigible teenagers” drinking alcohol and having sex. “They were doing what they wanted to do, and there weren’t any consequences. And it’s reprehensible. But is it criminal? No.”

    I believe the underline is an admittance by the Prosecutor that it was consensual, which is based on knowledge of what happened “before, during and after” the incident.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #235
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Frankly, I'd just be happy with any trial. But we didn't get that this time, because the girl was a newcomer and the kid was a football jock with family connections.
    BS! You didn't get it because the evidence does not support the charge.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #236
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    Well, obviously the Sheriff's office thought they had a case.
    The Sheriff isn't a lawyer or the Prosecutor.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #237
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Small town prosecutor?
    Let me exaggerate here; Those are the ones who are more than willing to indict ham sandwiches.
    You have no valid point here.



    My position is that we do not know what actually happened.
    But based on what the prosecutor has said, yes.


    And?
    Lushes don't drink?

    What do you think that means?
    Because it doesn't mean it wasn't consensual.

    Kids being kids.

    Which apparently haven't held up, otherwise we wouldn't be where we are now.
    “There wasn’t any prosecuting attorney that could take that case to trial,” he said.

    “It had to be dismissed. And it was.”
    I guess the "had to be" confuses you.

    Wrong. Video of it happening does not exist.

    Obviously it is not.
    Wow man, you're pretty much putting up this prosecutor as infallible.

    And the video did exist, at least according the Sheriff. Unless he is lying about it, don't know where you got that it doesn't exist from. Missouri state law considers consent cannot be given if victim is mentally incapacitated. Mentally incapacitated is defined as under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

    Read the following and see if you still feel the same way. There is enough there to want to see a third party come and go through this stuff.

    Nightmare in Maryville: Teens’ sexual encounter ignites a firestorm against family - KansasCity.com

  8. #238
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Wow man, you're pretty much putting up this prosecutor as infallible.
    Did I say he was?
    Yet his decision is based on all the evidence and the Law. So yeah, I think you should go with it.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    And the video did exist, at least according the Sheriff. Unless he is lying about it, don't know where you got that it doesn't exist from.

    The video I believe was reported as being erased by the person who took it.
    Just as at least one picture was also erased by the person who took it.
    These were supposedly viewed by others.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Missouri state law considers consent cannot be given if victim is mentally incapacitated. Mentally incapacitated is defined as under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
    So you are now saying that she raped him, right? As he was incapacitated by the same.
    But again, you do not know that it wasn't consensual.
    How do you know that she didn't say to him at the beginning; Let's get drunk and ****?


    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Read the following and see if you still feel the same way. There is enough there to want to see a third party come and go through this stuff.

    Nightmare in Maryville: Teens’ sexual encounter ignites a firestorm against family - KansasCity.com
    Are you not paying attention?
    That is the same article I provided.
    There is nothing that supports your assertion for a third party.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-15-13 at 07:42 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #239
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,582

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    And based on the Internet article, you're convinced that he isn't. I suppose you approve of the good citizens of this hellhole running the family out of town, too. God, no wonder this sort of crap is tolerated.
    The only thing I'm convinced of, is that I don't know enough to vall it either way. I know it sounds crazy, but don't you think it would be a good idea to make sure he's guilty before his life is ruined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #240
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-16 @ 07:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    So you are now saying that she raped him, right? As he was incapacitated by the same.
    But again, you do not know that it wasn't consensual.
    How do you know that she didn't say to him at the beginning; Let's get drunk and ****?
    Doesn't matter in the eyes of the law. Barnett admitted they had sex but claimed it was consensual. So he's not claiming he's been raped, however Colemen is. Her BAC was .13, which would be under the influence by just about any standard, more so when you factor in a 14 year old girl. Under Missouri law, you cannot give consent...AT ALL....if you're under the influence. And there's the rape kit. So you have admission that sex occurred, a blood test showing she was clearly under the influence and a rape kit confirming sex happened.

    That in itself is enough should question why this case not being prosecuted.

    Just strange, the prosecutor says "they were doing what they wanted to do" so he admits that sex occurred yet dismisses that this girl was under the influence when their is clearly evidence that she was.

Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •