Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 497

Thread: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

  1. #201
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    What is the double standard then?

    ?? That a drunk man can rape a drunken women and be found guilty of rape because the drunken woman is deemed not to be able to give consent. Yet the drunk man can be convicted of rape even though he's not in his right mind? I'm assuming THAT must be what's being bandied. Ha!

    I'm going to make an assumption that it would be very difficult for a woman to prove rape if they were both drunk. Sans witnesses, she's probably screwed. (Accident, I swear!) But that's not what this particular case is about, is it? She was unfreakin'conscious! And there were witnesses. There's no double standard here.

    And do I assume, then, that you find it wrong to convict someone of murder if they were drunk? Or vehicular homicide if they were drunk behind the wheel? There's no double standard. If there is, please to explain it to me.
    there is no double standard in this case due to the circumstances. That doesn't mean that there is not, in general, a double standard when it comes to expectations of sexual behavior from drunken men and drunken women.

    As a college student, a teacher and a cop, I have seen many cases where both parties were drunk off their ass and had sex and then the next morning she has "buyer's remorse" and claims she was raped. she is considered a victim because she was too drunk to give consent and he is considered a rapist and "should have known better" even though he was as drunk or more drunk than she was.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #202
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by CRUE CAB View Post
    Its called personal responsiblity. Get loaded, pass out (proabably egging on the boys all night) get trained, dont whine.
    And getting so drunk in the age of camera phones, what are you thinking?
    You're either 70 or 22. Can't figure out which.

    If it's YOUR daughter, Mr. Crue, I guarantee you wouldn't take that misogynistic attitude. "Get trained," indeed. Ha!

  3. #203
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You said because she was drunk, she should have been raped. The double standard, right?


    stop lying. I never said, or implied, that because she was drunk she should have been raped. (hint: if you have to resort to lies...you've already lost the debate)

    You didn't answer my question. What positive actions did this girl take to cause this rape?
    ah...changing the question (hint: another sign you have already lost the debate)
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #204
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Considering you underlined the "after the charges were dropped" line, implied her being called a skank was the worst of the harassment it's quite clear you didn't read the article or are trying to mislead people.
    Wrong.
    Like I read all the way down to the word skank and just stop reading there, huh?
    Instead of reading what little was left, huh?

    Your assertion is utterly ridiculous.
    Skank was the worse I read. B, S, and W words, just aren't as bad.

    An ambiguous supposed threat that supposedly comes from a third hand source, over the phone, that isn't even verified by the reporter, doesn't even qualify.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Plus, "wanting" to knock someones teeth out is not a threat.

    Yeah, it is. It is an expressed desire to do harm.

    But if you don't think it is, then please do not express a desire to harm the great leader in the same fashion.
    Because if you do, you will find out that such an expression is a threat.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Plus the communities behaviour qualifies as harassment, so there's that to investigate if "threats" don't do it for you.
    iLOL And again. I was speaking towards actual threats.
    The communities behavior to what they believe was happening, false allegations, is expected, and you can not stop people from expressing themselves.
    An individual who made any actual threat should be investigated to see if the threat is credible.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #205
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    What are you even talking about? Who said that?
    You said you believe in trial as being one of the steps to what should be an assured conviction in this case. I'm just saying I disagree.

  6. #206
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I would really like to see where Oscar said that. I don't believe it for a second. You just lost all credibility imo.
    like I said...if you have to resort to outright lies...you've already lost.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #207
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,438

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I would really like to see where Oscar said that. I don't believe it for a second. You just lost all credibility imo.
    This is what he posted

    "funny how she can't be held responsible for her actions because she is a minor and alcohol was involved, but he can be held responsible though he too is a minor and alcohol was involved.

    just more of that double standard where the male is always the perpetrator and the female is always the victim.


    not saying what the kid did was right or acceptible in any manner....just pointing out the double standard of assigning responsibility.

    It's like I said earlier, if two people get drunk and have sex...the next day she is a victim and he is a rapist."

    It is funny how she can't be held responsable for her actions. Minor or not she was unconcious on the ground naked and they violated her.

    He stated that because alcohol was involved she had it coming. That is how I read what he wrote. That is making her responsable for her actions, whatever they may have been as he won't answer what her actions were to cause this.

  8. #208
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,438

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You said you believe in trial as being one of the steps to what should be an assured conviction in this case. I'm just saying I disagree.
    I did not say assured, you added that. I know what a trial is. The victim was denied that in this case.

  9. #209
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    This is what he posted

    "funny how she can't be held responsible for her actions because she is a minor and alcohol was involved, but he can be held responsible though he too is a minor and alcohol was involved.

    just more of that double standard where the male is always the perpetrator and the female is always the victim.


    not saying what the kid did was right or acceptible in any manner....just pointing out the double standard of assigning responsibility.

    It's like I said earlier, if two people get drunk and have sex...the next day she is a victim and he is a rapist."

    It is funny how she can't be held responsable for her actions. Minor or not she was unconcious on the ground naked and they violated her.

    He stated that because alcohol was involved she had it coming. That is how I read what he wrote. That is making her responsable for her actions, whatever they may have been as he won't answer what her actions were to cause this.
    It would behoove you to read without emotional filtering, and understand what people say, rather than repeating what you wish they had said.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #210
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,438

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    It would behoove you to read without emotional filtering, and understand what people say, rather than repeating what you wish they had said.
    It is very clear what he said. He holds her responsable because she was drunk. He walked that back in alater post, but in this one that I replied to, that is what he said. It didn't matter that she was unconcious and the male inserted fingers and penises, she was responsable because she was drunk.

Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •