Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 497

Thread: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

  1. #191
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    So you are of the opinión that any woman who drinks should be raped? That is a pretty strong stance to take.

    You are saying her drinking was the positive action that caused her to be raped at 3 different parties.

    Is that what you are trying to say here?
    strawman much? I never said anything of the sort. and just where does it say that she was raped at 3 different parties? I must have missed that part.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #192
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Nope. But they should be taken seriously. It is some kind of social sickness that this community doesn't even care to find out whether this girl was raped. All they care about is their boys in the football team.

    This isn't a question of what's wrong with the criminal justice system. It's a question of what's wrong with these supposed human beings.
    None of us here know enough to condemn either side of the brew-ha-ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #193
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I didn't say it does, now, did I?
    neither did I
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #194
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Just giving you a little background information. You seem to have thought that she just showed up at the boy's house sober, and then he proceeded to get her drunk and rape her. For all I know, this may be the reason that she has decided not to cooperate with the prosecution of the case.
    The girl was unconcious on the ground naked and they still continued to violate her.

    There were plenty of witnesses to that fact and the case should have continued.

    Let's say the first time she had sex with somebody, she was drunk but awake and actually participating, that still does not excuse what happened afterwards, moving her to 2 more parties to share her with other people. Each act was a crime in and of itself.

    I don't see how, with the mountain of evidence, they dropped the charges.

    There had to be something else going on here.

  5. #195
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Are you reading the links provided for you? It is unusual for a rape case to be prosecuted without victim participation. Jeez, I feel like I am beating my head against the wall.
    I already answered that.

  6. #196
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Ok, so the trial should just be one of the steps to convicting someone but the conviction should be a forgone conclusion. That's much better. Thanks for clarifying.
    What are you even talking about? Who said that?

  7. #197
    Heavy Hitter


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    63,654

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    It's annoying when people show their extreme ignorance, it's even more annoying when they don't realize how little they know. I don't know about Missouri law, but where I live (in Texas) there's defense to statutory rape if the parties are within 3 years in age of each other (as long as it isn't forcible). Now tell me how you know for a fact that that defense does not apply here. While you're at it, tell me when you think an accused should be given Constitutional protections and when they shouldn't.
    I already fell on my sword here. I was wrong about the stat rape regarding 17 and 14 year-olds.

  8. #198
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,453

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    strawman much? I never said anything of the sort. and just where does it say that she was raped at 3 different parties? I must have missed that part.
    You said because she was drunk, she should have been raped. The double standard, right?

    You didn't answer my question. What positive actions did this girl take to cause this rape?

  9. #199
    Hot Flash Mama
    Summerwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Seen
    01-23-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    11,010

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Sometimes, the allegations are actually false.

    Duke lacrosse case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Not saying anything about whether the allegations in the OP are true or not because I don't know, but there is a purpose for the criminal justice system and allegations does not equal convictions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeAndMirrors View Post
    Nope. But they should be taken seriously. It is some kind of social sickness that this community doesn't even care to find out whether this girl was raped. All they care about is their boys in the football team.

    This isn't a question of what's wrong with the criminal justice system. It's a question of what's wrong with these supposed human beings.
    Actually as usual the answer should be in between. Allegations taken seriously yes, and no animosity should be shown to either party until after facts are known and best possible solution, all trials are complete.
    Both of y'alls thoughts here seem to present situations where animosity prior to knowledge has been shown mostly because of the idea of jumping the gun. One shows where a community jumped too quickly to condemn the alleged rapists, and this OP shows where a community maybe jumping too soon to the opposite. So any presumption, imo, simple stokes the potential that someone may be falsely condemned, be it the alleged victim or the allege rapist.
    jallman: "It's all good. At least you have a thick skin and can take being poked fun back at without crying. "

  10. #200
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    You said because she was drunk, she should have been raped. The double standard, right?

    ?
    I would really like to see where Oscar said that. I don't believe it for a second. You just lost all credibility imo.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •