Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 497

Thread: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

  1. #181
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Non of that obsloves what the guys did to her. Oscar was saying that the guys should not be held responsable because the girl was not held responsable for her actions.

    The girl didn't do anything to cause her rape at any of the three parties. Being drunk is not a Green light to rape someone.
    I didn't say it does, now, did I?
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  2. #182
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    It is unusal because usually the victim can testify as to what happened, but in this case, she had no memory of the happenings, so they had to build a case without her testimony, which is entirely posible.

    Maybe the local pólice are relatives of the accused, who knows, but the case should have gone on.

  3. #183
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Please learn to read. What does my post say?????

    It says charge. That is the first step to going to trial.

    You do understand in order to convict somebody of something, a trial is needed, right?

    What are you even talking about?
    So that's what you see a trial as? The first step in convicting someone? I'm as pro prosecution as anyone and I disagree with that.

  4. #184
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    It is unusal because usually the victim can testify as to what happened, but in this case, she had no memory of the happenings, so they had to build a case without her testimony, which is entirely posible.

    Maybe the local pólice are relatives of the accused, who knows, but the case should have gone on.
    That doesn't change the fact that she apparently refused to cooperate. I'm not sure why this concept seems to escape you.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  5. #185
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    I didn't say it does, now, did I?
    Then what was your point in saying she was drunk?

  6. #186
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    So that's what you see a trial as? The first step in convicting someone? I'm as pro prosecution as anyone and I disagree with that.
    I said the charge of the crime is the first step, not the trial.

  7. #187
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,436

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    That doesn't change the fact that she apparently refused to cooperate. I'm not sure why this concept seems to escape you.
    Because she is not needed for the case to continue. A rape happened, and as the victim, after the pólice have the evidence, can't say that she wants the charges dropped. The crime was committed and they can be prosecuted.

    The prosecution can also compell her to testify, but about what I don't know.

  8. #188
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Then what was your point in saying she was drunk?
    Just giving you a little background information. You seem to have thought that she just showed up at the boy's house sober, and then he proceeded to get her drunk and rape her. For all I know, this may be the reason that she has decided not to cooperate with the prosecution of the case.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  9. #189
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Because she is not needed for the case to continue. A rape happened, and as the victim, after the pólice have the evidence, can't say that she wants the charges dropped. The crime was committed and they can be prosecuted.

    The prosecution can also compell her to testify, but about what I don't know.
    Are you reading the links provided for you? It is unusual for a rape case to be prosecuted without victim participation. Jeez, I feel like I am beating my head against the wall.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  10. #190
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    re: Small Town Turns On Girl Who Was Allegedly Raped By HS Football Player [#303, #380]

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    I said the charge of the crime is the first step, not the trial.
    Ok, so the trial should just be one of the steps to convicting someone but the conviction should be a forgone conclusion. That's much better. Thanks for clarifying.

Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •