Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 136

Thread: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

  1. #21
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    A country(government) practicing bigotry and showing how intellectually inept they are

    noting new, especially for russia

    odd that are trying this at the same time the UN is actually deciding to fight these gross human and civil rights violations globally.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #22
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh look more speculation.

    I said nothing about a family or families.
    Stop trying to put words into a persons mouth.

    My reply to the OP was, "Good for them". Period.
    You voiced support for a policy that would result in families being broken up. If you were unaware of the consequences of the law when you agreed with it, you can always retract your earlier statement. Personal dislike of someones lifestyle is one thing, this kind of governmental persecution crosses the line.

  3. #23
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So thankful I was born here.

    Those assholes can die in a fire.
    So wanting people to die in a fire, is in some way better than them wanting to preserve their cultural norms?
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  4. #24
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    You voiced support for a policy that would result in families being broken up.
    Oh look, more assumptions on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If you were unaware of the consequences of the law when you agreed with it, you can always retract your earlier statement.
    There is no need to retract anything.
    "Good for them", was my reply. Period.
    Sorry you have such a hard time with that.


    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    this kind of governmental persecution crosses the line.
    Wtf?
    Who are you to say what they should do in their own country?

    That country decides, through their processes, what they do, and do not want. Not you.
    Apparently you, as you have no authority there, are the one crossing the line saying otherwise.

    You don't have to like what they are doing, but it isn't over the line.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  5. #25
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oh look, more assumptions on your part.
    Its not an assumption. The law explicitly authorizes taking children away form gay parents.
    There is no need to retract anything.
    "Good for them", was my reply. Period.
    Sorry you have such a hard time with that.
    If you are proficient in the English language, you should be aware that when you use the phrase "good for them" it means you approve of the actions of another. I've given you more than ample opportunities to clarify your statement, but you have refused. You can pretend you didn't support tearing families apart, but at this point you aren't fooling anyone.

    Who are you to say what they should do in their own country?
    I a human being with a moral compass.

    That country decides, through their processes, what they do, and do not want. Not you.
    Apparently you, as you have no authority there, are the one crossing the line saying otherwise.
    I absolutely have the right to criticize government abuse upon the innocent. Russia is legally entitled to do as they wish, but that doesn't mean I can't call them out on bad behavior.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Its not an assumption.
    Yes it is an assumption on your part.


    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    If you are proficient in the English language, you should be aware that when you use the phrase "good for them" it means you approve of the actions of another. I've given you more than ample opportunities to clarify your statement, but you have refused. You can pretend you didn't support tearing families apart, but at this point you aren't fooling anyone.
    There you go assuming again.
    You do not get to put words into a person's mouth they didn't say.
    Period.


    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    I a human being with a moral compass.
    And I am sure that those behind this law consider your moral compass to be out of whack. And by their standards, they would be correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    I absolutely have the right to criticize government abuse upon the innocent. Russia is legally entitled to do as they wish, but that doesn't mean I can't call them out on bad behavior.
    And you can criticize until you are blue. You are allowed to do that.
    But their actions are not over the line.
    There is a difference between what you believe, and what is.
    And in this case, being over the line is your belief. But it isn't factual.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    My reply to the OP was, "Good for them". Period.
    Since it seems to not have been asked, why did you say "Good for them"? Did you mean "good for them" as a sovereign nation to do what they want, or did you mean "good for them" because it is against gays or did you mean "Good for them" for some other reason?

    Just asking for clarification.

  8. #28
    Sage
    chromium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A2
    Last Seen
    06-05-17 @ 10:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    16,968

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    As if i need another reason to never visit that hinterland.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Good for them.
    Innocent children deserve both a male and female parental figure in their lives. They shouldn't be forced to endure patchwork, Frankenstein, perverted, dirty and deviant households like Gay "Families".

    Gay Math 1 + 1 = 0

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    re: Russia To Debate Taking Children Away From Gay Parents[W:127]

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Innocent children deserve both a male and female parental figure in their lives. They shouldn't be forced to endure patchwork, Frankenstein, perverted, dirty and deviant households like Gay "Families".

    Gay Math 1 + 1 = 0
    So you're saying a child remaining in a government system is better than a gay couple adopting?

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •