Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 365

Thread: California's brown signs bill permitting non-physician abortions [W:307]

  1. #41
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    in what other instances do 'trained medical professionals" besides doctors, get to prescribe and administer drugs? Are physician assistants even authorized to do such, besides in the most routine applications?
    how about EVERYDAY because YES they are.

    most time i see a NP and she writes ALL my scrips, i actually havent seen my doctor in awhile, i like her better.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #42
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,062

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Just think of all the people, the mothers and fathers, the children and grandchildren, the teachers and doctors and entertainers and leaders.....that will never be.

    And that's just from ONE abortion.

  3. #43
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    Sure...my aunt is a nurse anesthesiologist. That's some pretty powerful medication.
    an anesthesiologist goes to school and studies anesthesiology and works in conjunction with a physician.

    Most states allow Nurse Practitioners to write prescriptions for some very powerful stuff.
    Yes, routine treatments. From my understanding, even medicated abortions carry more risk than a flu shot

  4. #44
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,062

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I thought that as a conservative, Breitbart would love the free market being allowed to work. Greater competition means that consumers will be even more protected, because patients will have more options when it comes to their abortions. Bad practitioners will be pressured to improve or go out of business. Even then if he didn't agree with this, the same safety standards apply. And don't tell me that his line isn't just him editorializing. He didn't actually cite anyone, and it was the only opinion in the article. It's his opinion, which he never bothers to back up with evidence.

    If you oppose abortions, talk about restricting abortions. Advocating for these extra "safety regulations" and then claiming that you are only looking out for women's safety is a complete load of horse****. If you oppose abortion, fine, talk about that, but the vast majority of laws currently being passed and advocated by pro-lifers goes far and away from keeping women safe and only seeks to restrict abortions.
    First of all, HE is dead.

  5. #45
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    how about EVERYDAY because YES they are.

    most time i see a NP and she writes ALL my scrips, i actually havent seen my doctor in awhile, i like her better.
    learn to argue a logical point: going "yes they are" isn't an argument with any logical merit. Now go "LMAO, blarg, etc," so you can add meaning to your day and we can discuss the topic

    PS key: routine

  6. #46
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    nothing you wrote addresses my point. You don't show that issues of patient safety are adequately dealt with when a licensed physician is removed from the discussion.

    try again
    actually EVERYTHING i wrote destroys your point

    no safety is at risk or changed from all other medical situations.


    if the mornign after Pill is classified as a TYpe A pill it should follow all the medical and FDA regulations of a Class TYPE A pill not have "special regulations" based on others feelings and state legislation. If thats the case the FDA is not doing its job.

    sorry, what actually happened is this bill stopped the un-needed special treatment of these procedures that were not MEDICALLY required.

    FDA controls the safety, and is STILL controlling the saftey, that hasnt changed
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #47
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,789

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    learn to argue a logical point: going "yes they are" isn't an argument with any logical merit. Now go "LMAO, blarg, etc," so you can add meaning to your day and we can discuss the topic
    there is no "argument" i provided FACTS
    translation: your post failed because they factually can and do every day and safety remains the same. nice try but you lashing out doesnt change anything only further exposes you and entertains me.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #48
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,300
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    in what other instances do 'trained medical professionals" besides doctors, get to prescribe and administer drugs? Are physician assistants even authorized to do such, besides in the most routine applications?
    You won't like this answer, and it is why you should look things up yourself: Medical prescription - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Physician assistants, nurse practicioners, certified nurse-midwives in all 50 states. Kinda sounds like the list from the law...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #49
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by AGENT J View Post
    actually EVERYTHING i wrote destroys your point
    No it doesn't. I understand you don't understand why, but your short comings really are not relevent



    FDA controls the safety, and is STILL controlling the saftey, that hasnt changed
    you're asserting the FDA is above politics, but they have a long history of being political.

  10. #50
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Liberals war on women takes big advance

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You won't like this answer, and it is why you should look things up yourself: Medical prescription - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Physician assistants, nurse practicioners, certified nurse-midwives in all 50 states. Kinda sounds like the list from the law...
    you mean the very thing I mentioned in the post you quoted?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1062409500

    but again, they do not handle all such medications, besides those with very low risk of complication and safety. So why would I get upset, when it's a point I already brought up?

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •