Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 137

Thread: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

  1. #51
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    So what? I am not talking about any gay person. I am not referring to any gay person. If they want to be offended well it's on them. This does not change the fact you made a personal attack, period.



    And they could break a leg playing on the monkey bars. Or break an arm playing teather ball. Kids are going to get hurt at some point. It is part of growing up. Taking prescausions are one thing, taking away games because someone might get hurt at some point? Why don't we have them sit around and sing songs for recess.



    Schools here are not the same. Never have been and never will be. You don't seem to understand this.



    First lesson of being a parent "kids get hurt" it happens.


    Kids do get hurt and that's fine but as a parent I wouldn't be happy if my kid got hurt because of a game he wasn't even part of. Not all schools have large playing areas and a ball game can take up most of that playing area. When my my oldest went to school in New England they had a very small playground and the grass was out of bounds in the winter/ fall because of the mud which meant they were restricted to the playground and the tarmacked area. If they were to play football (soccer), baseball, dodgeball etc it would of taken up a lot of space forcing the kids who didn't want to play or were afraid of being hit by the ball out of this area. So the school restricted ball games in the winter and the kids found other things to amuse themselves with. After school my son played football with his friends, played on a team at the weekend and the world didn't end.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  2. #52
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,193

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    This type of "regulation" is a prime example and reason why real men aren't interested in a career in education any longer. There is no longer any "physical" component to education and no need for "men" as role models of strength, character, discipline, life coaching, and team building. It's all apron-string, dependency training for life in a liberal world where a higher power cares and provides for you.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  3. #53
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,525

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Kids do get hurt and that's fine but as a parent I wouldn't be happy if my kid got hurt because of a game he wasn't even part of.
    No one expects you to. You however have to realise it can and does happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    Not all schools have large playing areas and a ball game can take up most of that playing area. When my my oldest went to school in New England they had a very small playground and the grass was out of bounds in the winter/ fall because of the mud which meant they were restricted to the playground and the tarmacked area. If they were to play football (soccer), baseball, dodgeball etc it would of taken up a lot of space forcing the kids who didn't want to play or were afraid of being hit by the ball out of this area. So the school restricted ball games in the winter and the kids found other things to amuse themselves with. After school my son played football with his friends, played on a team at the weekend and the world didn't end.
    Our public schools for the most part have large playing area's. Again as I have been trying to say England can't compare to the US. It is smaller, more cramped and has a much smaller population of what? 53,000,000? The US has a population of 300,000,000.

    A reasonable comparison in this situation cannot be made.

  4. #54
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,253

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta View Post
    No one expects you to. You however have to realise it can and does happen.



    Our public schools for the most part have large playing area's. Again as I have been trying to say England can't compare to the US. It is smaller, more cramped and has a much smaller population of what? 53,000,000? The US has a population of 300,000,000.

    A reasonable comparison in this situation cannot be made.
    I said New Engand....Sorry can't debate with someone who constantly neglects to read the posts. Good day.
    ‘This is not peace, it is an armistice for 20 years.’ (Ferdinand Foch. After the Treaty of Versailles, 1919).

  5. #55
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    1.ok it was offensive because you used the word gay in a negative way and i'm sure gay posters on here would take offence.
    2. Why is that moronic? An 11 year old me could easily break your nose with a football.
    3. What is it exactly I don't understand about schools?


    First life lesson for the kids " you can't always do what you want where you want"
    What are ****ing kidding me? This thinking couldn't be more stupid and unsubstantiated.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #56
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,525

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Higgins86 View Post
    I said New Engand....Sorry can't debate with someone who constantly neglects to read the posts. Good day.
    Wait I miss one word and now it's consistently? That's a cop out. You got no legs here.

    Your hyperbolic nonsense is still just that. It's because of people with that mindset that are bringing our schools down to where they are.

    Thanks for that.

  7. #57
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You'll need to source that.
    Why? Do you deny that more people doesn't increase the chance of something happening?

    First of all, it seems that you believe that only or mainly conservatives or religious people homeschool. This isn't really true. While many people do homeschool their children for religious reasons, it isn't always because the parents are religious. It could be that the parents are concerned about the religious influence on a school within a certain area. Or they could have beliefs that are so far away from the norm, that they prefer to homeschool rather than conflict with the school while maintaining their own beliefs.

    Second, all sorts of people sue other people for stupid reasons. It isn't just "liberals", despite popular conservative belief.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne Florida
    Last Seen
    04-18-17 @ 03:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    16,763

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    This is the generation we are bringing up now? Head to a play ground but keep your nose in your iPhone. Dont look around and for sure dont engage in any physical activity.
    And if you get hit by a ball, run to mommy and daddy so they can sue the school district.
    Circling the drain people, circling the drain.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Only 2 weeks ago there was another similar article and it was a joke this one now seems like its really happening.

  10. #60
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: School bans most balls during recess: Smart move or going too far?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why? Do you deny that more people doesn't increase the chance of something happening?

    First of all, it seems that you believe that only or mainly conservatives or religious people homeschool. This isn't really true. While many people do homeschool their children for religious reasons, it isn't always because the parents are religious. It could be that the parents are concerned about the religious influence on a school within a certain area. Or they could have beliefs that are so far away from the norm, that they prefer to homeschool rather than conflict with the school while maintaining their own beliefs.

    Second, all sorts of people sue other people for stupid reasons. It isn't just "liberals", despite popular conservative belief.
    Your statist tendencies are duly noted. Let's move on.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •