Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 246

Thread: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown[W:181]

  1. #71
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But Obama is following the law here, so you are bitching about Obama doing what you claim he should do. This is something you could have found out by taking 30 seconds to fact check. The whole premise of your thread is based on misinformation.
    Right, he's picking and choosing like I originally said.

    No, my thread is correct.

  2. #72
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But Obama is following the law here, so you are bitching about Obama doing what you claim he should do. This is something you could have found out by taking 30 seconds to fact check. The whole premise of your thread is based on misinformation.
    What's further after doing that 30 sec fact check the law does allow for volunteers if specifically authorized. And shock me shock me, what was specifically authorized in the past? THE NATIONAL PARK SERVICE.

    The law doesn't ban all voluntary serivce only voluntary service which could lead to a claim against the government for future compensation.


    Which wouldn't be the case in this for instance


    http://www.bsnlawfirm.com/newsletter/OP0413_Natter.pdf


    So yes, my original post is correct. He is a punitive, snot nosed SOB...

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    I didn't think you did, you're an abortion supporter, right?
    What does that have to do with this because as far as I know the us does not pay for abortions
    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    They've done plenty so far without a working government.

    Oh, they'll find the money, don't you worry...

    No, it wasn't a threat, just a guess at what will come when the men and women grow tire of the Unthinking Left and their hyperbole and hypocrisy...
    You are right, that is not a threat, it is baseless fear mongering. Oh noes I am going to be drafted because of this. Really, you think I am worried about that happening? People will not stop signing up for the service just because they do not have preists available at that exavt moment for them to pray. Really you think some kid is sitting there signing up and says I don't think so because I heard that I might have to pray on my own at5 some times if the government is shut down. Now if you really want to talk seriously the VA might be an issue, but still kids are not worried that far in the future, and there is always another person to sign up. Find a better tactic because that one was really bad.

  4. #74
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    What does that have to do with this because as far as I know the us does not pay for abortions
    WORLD | Vital Signs: Government approves tax-funded abortions | Alissa Robertson | Oct. 7, 2013

    but that wasn't the point...

    You are right, that is not a threat, it is baseless fear mongering. Oh noes I am going to be drafted because of this. Really, you think I am worried about that happening? People will not stop signing up for the service just because they do not have preists available at that exavt moment for them to pray. Really you think some kid is sitting there signing up and says I don't think so because I heard that I might have to pray on my own at5 some times if the government is shut down. Now if you really want to talk seriously the VA might be an issue, but still kids are not worried that far in the future, and there is always another person to sign up. Find a better tactic because that one was really bad.

    No, and it wasn't fear mongering it was a statement that these people volunteer and put their life on the line, and because you have some sucka in office who has a hissy fit, they can't get what I remember for some was a very important part of their week. This does lead to low morale. Your blatant disregard for the Armed Services well being, your frankly disgusting indifference to what many find and hold most valuable is appalling beyond words, which is why I made an exaggerated claim showing a possible end result to what can only be viewed as obtuse and ungrateful behavior

    It seems bad, only because you didn't understand. Makes your brainy hurt, I know...

  5. #75
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    When you were a kid, did you ever get tormented by a bully who dared you to do anything about it, just because the bully could? I think that this is much the same.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  6. #76
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    When you were a kid, did you ever get tormented by a bully who dared you to do anything about it, just because the bully could? I think that this is much the same.
    Don't suppose I catch your meaning...so I guess, no...

  7. #77
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Don't suppose I catch your meaning...so I guess, no...
    I thought it was obvious. The priests and other chaplains have agreed to perform their religious for free in may cases. Clearly, the most likely reason for them to be barred from doing so, is to torment people who are in no position to fight back. No rational material benefit comes to mind to suggest other motivation.
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Oh that is awesome, congress can have abortions paid for by health insurance but we can't. That is such BS. Every woman should have abortions covered under their health care. But anyways, onto the topic.


    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post

    No, and it wasn't fear mongering it was a statement that these people volunteer and put their life on the line, and because you have some sucka in office who has a hissy fit, they can't get what I remember for some was a very important part of their week. This does lead to low morale. Your blatant disregard for the Armed Services well being, your frankly disgusting indifference to what many find and hold most valuable is appalling beyond words, which is why I made an exaggerated claim showing a possible end result to what can only be viewed as obtuse and ungrateful behavior

    It seems bad, only because you didn't understand. Makes your brainy hurt, I know...
    You can insult me all you want, but it still is not essential. If that is something you wish to provide to the soldiers, and I agree with a functioning government it should be, you need to put the government back to a functional state and get a budget for it. If there is no budget for it then they are going to have to do it on their own. You can be as mad at that as you want, but that is what the republicans did when they shut down the government. i know they wanted things they liked to stay around, but no it should be uncomfortable for them to make this stand. Just like you should have to actually get up and talk for a filibuster. You take the pain for the sacrifice. There should be more things shut down. There should be no congressional staff. there should be no subway running back and forth for their personal use like there is now. The military should be pulled back out of our wars. No more subsidies or tax breaks. Shut down social security, medicare, welfare and the schools. They are all non-essential. We would have an agreement by now if we had a real shutdown because boehner and company would be strung up outside of congress.

  9. #79
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Oftencold View Post
    I thought it was obvious. The priests and other chaplains have agreed to perform their religious for free in may cases. Clearly, the most likely reason for them to be barred from doing so, is to torment people who are in no position to fight back. No rational material benefit comes to mind to suggest other motivation.
    Well, at 2pm it would have been...

  10. #80
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,127

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You can insult me all you want, but it still is not essential. If that is something you wish to provide to the soldiers, and I agree with a functioning government it should be, you need to put the government back to a functional state and get a budget for it. If there is no budget for it then they are going to have to do it on their own. You can be as mad at that as you want, but that is what the republicans did when they shut down the government. i know they wanted things they liked to stay around, but no it should be uncomfortable for them to make this stand. Just like you should have to actually get up and talk for a filibuster. You take the pain for the sacrifice. There should be more things shut down. There should be no congressional staff. there should be no subway running back and forth for their personal use like there is now. The military should be pulled back out of our wars. No more subsidies or tax breaks. Shut down social security, medicare, welfare and the schools. They are all non-essential. We would have an agreement by now if we had a real shutdown because boehner and company would be strung up outside of congress.
    Doesn't matter, it was going to be done on a voluntary basis, which as I shown in another post, along with the NPS is permissible, but cry baby Barry and his whiny band of loony leftys didn't want to allow it, thought it was better to punish American citizens and military. He's a disgrace.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •