Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 246

Thread: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown[W:181]

  1. #61
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See, instead of admitting you got it wrong, you just changed it to another attack, this time because Obama did the right thing, and so you imagine that is rare, and attack him for it. This is why most people do not take the rantings of the far right seriously.
    No, I got it right

    Obama administration won't enforce VA ban on same-sex benefits - CNN.com

    Obama: Hell No We Won't Enforce - The Daily Beast

    Michael McConnell: Obama Suspends the Law - WSJ.com

    DOMA: Obama Administration's Refusal to Defend Law is Entirely Justified

    Obama won't go after marijuana use in 2 states


    Every single law he and the Left don't like or don't feel is important he just says, "Ah, piss on it, go ahead, and do as you please"...

    but by all means, enforce the Anti-deficiency Act and keep our troops from their religious and spiritual needs...

    all that far right color commentary doesn't upset me because it tells me you've not been reading many of my posts, only the one's which attack beloved Leader... tells me who and what to take seriously too...

  2. #62
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    You can't leave post when on duty. Off-duty, you can go wherever the hell you want, unless you're deployed to a combat zone.


    The Anti Deficiency Act doesn't allow for the penalty of imprisonment. If the priest violates the shutdown, all they can do is ban him from the base.
    Well last thing is first. I don't know what it says, I'm going by the article and what Redress said.

    Now, there seems to be a failure to communicate here. In the WORLD'S FINEST NAVY we had these things called Duty days, or just pulling duty. it was for 24 hrs. You weren't allowed to leave base and you usually had extra tasks you had to preform and you had watch. Depending on the size of the crew or where you were stationed you could have a 2 day Duty roster or up to 7, maybe further but 7 was the limit that I dealt with. If you had duty, you did not leave that base or ship or you would find yourself at Captain's Mast so fast your head would spin.

    this is no longer so? or just not so for the other branches?
    Last edited by ChezC3; 10-10-13 at 04:14 AM. Reason: fix

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    No, I got it right

    Obama administration won't enforce VA ban on same-sex benefits - CNN.com

    Obama: Hell No We Won't Enforce - The Daily Beast

    Michael McConnell: Obama Suspends the Law - WSJ.com

    DOMA: Obama Administration's Refusal to Defend Law is Entirely Justified

    Obama won't go after marijuana use in 2 states


    Every single law he and the Left don't like or don't feel is important he just says, "Ah, piss on it, go ahead, and do as you please"...

    but by all means, enforce the Anti-deficiency Act and keep our troops from their religious and spiritual needs...

    all that far right color commentary doesn't upset me because it tells me you've not been reading many of my posts, only the one's which attack beloved Leader... tells me who and what to take seriously too...
    hey, if it is that important for the US to provide them with their spiritual needs then feel free to have boehner have a vote on the clean CR. There you go, you can have that service back when you stop shutting things down. Until then suck it up and go find a church. No comfort for you in your little hostage crisis.

  4. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Well last thing is first. I don't know what it say, I'm going by the article and what Redress said.

    Now, there seems to be a failure to communicate here. In the WORLD'S FINEST NAVY we had these things called Duty days, or just pulling duty. it was for 24 hrs. You weren't allowed to leave base and you usually had extra tasks you had to preform and you had watch. Depending on the size of the crew or where you were stationed you could have a 2 day Duty roster or up to 7, maybe further but 7 was the limit that I dealt with. If you had duty, you did not leave that base or ship or you would find yourself at Captain's Mast so fast your head would spin.

    this is no longer so? or just not so for the other branches?
    Who cares, prayer is not a necessity. It is a perk. Any time they want to have the government re-open then the soldiers will have their prayer where they serve. If not it is tough tittie until the republicans cave.

  5. #65
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    hey, if it is that important for the US to provide them with their spiritual needs then feel free to have boehner have a vote on the clean CR. There you go, you can have that service back when you stop shutting things down. Until then suck it up and go find a church. No comfort for you in your little hostage crisis.
    Hey, and maybe, all them boys and girls will get fed up and stop volunteering for the Armed service and maybe then they'll bring back the draft and your little one won't get a choice on whether to be thrown in harms way or not... No comfort there neither....

    and you know ol' Barry loves him some wars....

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Hey, and maybe, all them boys and girls will get fed up and stop volunteering for the Armed service and maybe then they'll bring back the draft and your little one won't get a choice on whether to be thrown in harms way or not... No comfort there neither....

    and you know ol' Barry loves him some wars....
    Don't care. How are they going to draft me without a working government? How are they going to draft me when they cannot borrow the money to pay for their war? Not a threat, and no I do not care. Find a better fear mongering tactic or suck it up.

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    No, I got it right

    Obama administration won't enforce VA ban on same-sex benefits - CNN.com

    Obama: Hell No We Won't Enforce - The Daily Beast

    Michael McConnell: Obama Suspends the Law - WSJ.com

    DOMA: Obama Administration's Refusal to Defend Law is Entirely Justified

    Obama won't go after marijuana use in 2 states


    Every single law he and the Left don't like or don't feel is important he just says, "Ah, piss on it, go ahead, and do as you please"...

    but by all means, enforce the Anti-deficiency Act and keep our troops from their religious and spiritual needs...

    all that far right color commentary doesn't upset me because it tells me you've not been reading many of my posts, only the one's which attack beloved Leader... tells me who and what to take seriously too...
    See, I called it. Bitch when he does not enforce the law, bitch when he does. You don't have an ideology beyond being anto-obama.

    That is not to mention that your sources don't show what you think they do, and that Obama is not keeping the troops from religious and spiritual needs, and the irony of bitching that Obama is following the law, and bitching that during a government shutdown things are *gasp* shut down, all of that makes this thread hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    Don't care. How are they going to draft me without a working government? How are they going to draft me when they cannot borrow the money to pay for their war? Not a threat, and no I do not care. Find a better fear mongering tactic or suck it up.
    I didn't think you did, you're an abortion supporter, right?

    They've done plenty so far without a working government.

    Oh, they'll find the money, don't you worry...

    No, it wasn't a threat, just a guess at what will come when the men and women grow tire of the Unthinking Left and their hyperbole and hypocrisy...

  9. #69
    Relentless Thinking Fury
    ChezC3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,125

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    See, I called it. Bitch when he does not enforce the law, bitch when he does. You don't have an ideology beyond being anto-obama.

    That is not to mention that your sources don't show what you think they do, and that Obama is not keeping the troops from religious and spiritual needs, and the irony of bitching that Obama is following the law, and bitching that during a government shutdown things are *gasp* shut down, all of that makes this thread hilarious.
    See, you called what?

    I'm bitching that Obama isn't enforcing ALL THE LAW. You don't have an ideology past whatever is up Obama's ass...

    My sources don't show what I think they do? What, you gotta Obama viewfinder for Christmas and only you and the "special people" -- the chosen few see things clearly using Obamavision?

  10. #70
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    See, you called what?

    I'm bitching that Obama isn't enforcing ALL THE LAW. You don't have an ideology past whatever is up Obama's ass...

    My sources don't show what I think they do? What, you gotta Obama viewfinder for Christmas and only you and the "special people" -- the chosen few see things clearly using Obamavision?
    But Obama is following the law here, so you are bitching about Obama doing what you claim he should do. This is something you could have found out by taking 30 seconds to fact check. The whole premise of your thread is based on misinformation.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •