Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 246

Thread: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown[W:181]

  1. #41
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So in other words this does not get money from congress for it's operations and therefor stays open by funding from elsewhere. Now maybe you can explain why things not included in the budget are going to shut down because there is no budget? It is not like the republicans stopped payment for these operations so there is no reason for them to shut down. It would also seem that this is pure manipulative BS on you part.




    Well, you are complaining about irrelevant points. If this is not so bad feel free to quit your bitchin. Catholic services have been shut down by republicans in an attempt to get Obamacare revoked. If you want them restarted then feel free to tell republicans to fund those government programs. If it is fine for you for the reps to hold those services hosyage so we do not get Obamacare then you have nothing at all to complain about.
    Do you not think the on-base store is not funded by the ítems it sells?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Do you not think the on-base store is not funded by the ítems it sells?
    It's administration is run by the government and not by profit from those sales. It is on land run by the government. They make those decisions. Parks, death insurance and funds, and funeral homes are not stopping burials or providing their services. That is because they are privately owned and run. There are no churches being shut down because of this because churches reside and are run and administered by private organizations. No one would stop any of our troops from going to a local church if permitted and available to receive their religious whatever. When it is administered by government employees and you say that all that has to be held hostage over Obamacare then you have to hold it hostage. You take hostages in a building and we do not let you go to church because you want blessings in the middle of your hostage crisis. You want to go to church you end your hostage crisis. That is why hostage crisis' end because you wear down the hostage takers and make their lives harder and harder. You do not give them comfort because it only makes things go on forever. It is exactly what obama should be doing to get them to end the standoff. It is his power as the executive to do such things, and if he gives it up he will face further degredation of his supporter's opinions for letting the spoiled brats have comfort while the put us all through this.

    he should take every dime of public welfare given to the koch brothers and stop every contract we have with them immediately until they stop working as the enemy against america. They are terrorists and if we are to ever treat a US citizen as a terrorist it should be them. Anyone who supports the republicans as they threaten the operation of our country and risk destroying it for their religious fundamentalist goals should be treated as terrorists. We would do nothing less to a muslim for doing this exact same thing.

  3. #43
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The golf course is on Federal land and we have seen that even though places are privately funded, they are closed because they are on Federal land. Why should the golf course be different?
    can you cite some examples?

  4. #44
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,891
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    The golf course on Andrews Airforce base has remained open. Obama closed down the stores so people couldn't buy food, but he left his golf course open
    Troops Forage for Food While Golfers Play On in Shutdown - Bloomberg
    The Government isn't shut down. 83% of it is running smoothly. It's still going to pay it's bills. Enough with the histrionics. Go back to your handlers and have them type you up some different talking points.
    Whatever your handlers in the Obama Administration are paying you, it's not enough
    What if the article you linked to in the above post pointed out that the seeming randomness of the things which are open and those which are not has to do with how those things are funded and with how many years worth of money an item is appropriated at a time and not the result of Obama's whims?
    What if?
    I may be wrong.

  5. #45
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    What if the article you linked to in the above post pointed out that the seeming randomness of the things which are open and those which are not has to do with how those things are funded and with how many years worth of money an item is appropriated at a time and not the result of Obama's whims?
    What if?
    proof that Obama planned all this from the beginning and that his machinations have no bounds

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Seen
    10-20-13 @ 04:50 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    3,195

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    What if the article you linked to in the above post pointed out that the seeming randomness of the things which are open and those which are not has to do with how those things are funded and with how many years worth of money an item is appropriated at a time and not the result of Obama's whims?
    What if?
    Yea and pigs fly

    Anyone who believes any of this is random is naive and should not be taken seriously

    They wired the WW2 memorial shut. Capital Police were used to pickup trash after an illegal alien rally while Vietnam vets were handcuffed and sent to jail for visiting their memorial

    You Obot shills have no shame and lack self awareness

  7. #47
    Sage

    Mason66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,427

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Chuckles View Post
    can you cite some examples?
    Examples of what? Do you mean people being denied Access to their property because it is on federal land?

  8. #48
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post
    Just more of the Obama administration trying to hurt as many people as possible, knowing the media will blame Republicans for it. I hope this ultimately backfires on him and Democrats.
    That's the party of freedom and responsibility for you. They take the government hostage and then shift responsibility for the consequences onto everybody else.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  9. #49
    King Conspiratard
    Dr. Chuckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-14 @ 03:04 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    12,895

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    Examples of what? Do you mean people being denied Access to their property because it is on federal land?

    you wrote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mason66 View Post
    The golf course is on Federal land and ***we have seen that even though places are privately funded, they are closed because they are on Federal land.*** Why should the golf course be different?

  10. #50
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by ChezC3 View Post
    Priest: Obama Admin. Denied Mass to Catholics


    Another attack on Religious Liberties by Obama...

    Shock me Shock me...
    snopes.com: Catholic Services in Jeopardy During Government Shutdown

    Not surprisingly, you are lying or badly misinformed. The Antideficiency Act makes it illegal for federal workers to perform their job duties during a shutdown except in certain specific circumstances, even on a voluntary basis. The law was passed in 1870. So unless you are going to suggest that Obama is really over 140 years old you have no point. And since we all know you would be first in line to bitch if you felt Obama was not obeying the law, this all falls apart as just another example of the right wing blogosphere stupidity.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •