Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 246

Thread: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown[W:181]

  1. #201
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I showed you it. It is actually more likely that the contract with Quantico is the one that has a special provision to overcome the law, rather than the others having a contract that goes with the law.

    Whether you want to understand it or not, they cannot allow people to congest roads outside a park that has to be closed because people are determined to see the sight despite the shutdown. They cannot allow people in parks that have to be closed, on government property that is maintained by federal funds, no matter whether people don't understand that or not. There was no military chaplains to operate the chapel so yes, it had to be closed. It sucks but it is politics and it is petty to blame this on Obama, especially placing all the blame on him.
    I showed you...Ft Huachuca and every other military installation has their contractor personnel in place and operating. You are grasping at a silly straw.

    That argument is just as weak as your contract argument. Those parks and access roads have been used and utilized unabated with zero problems. And of course...when it is a group you want to pander too...hey...SURE...go ahead and use the national mall...its not closed to YOU guys...

    Just...ridiculous. The administration is behaving like a spoiled petulant child. It is absolutely fair to say both parties and houses of Congress bear the responsibility for their actions (and greater for their INACTION that led up to this). But 'credit' where credit is due. And its just COMICAL that you are defending the Administration for sending MORE PEOPLE THAN WHEN THEY WERE OPEN to shut them down. Make em bleed!

  2. #202
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its not just Quantico that has contract personnel still and always on board and doing their job...its bases and posts around the globe. There was absolutely NO need to block the Chapel access, just as there has been no need to deploy a small army of personnel to lock down open air monuments and park access roads. The contract argument was just a grasp at an argument to justify the actions of the Administration. ANY justification, regardless of how petty and childish they are behaving.
    And they either have contracts that allow for this circumventing of the law or they are covered in some other way.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #203
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,865

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    This is what is astonishing to me: In the face of such petty churlishness on the part of this Admin, some still defend it. Amazing.

  4. #204
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I showed you...Ft Huachuca and every other military installation has their contractor personnel in place and operating. You are grasping at a silly straw.

    That argument is just as weak as your contract argument. Those parks and access roads have been used and utilized unabated with zero problems. And of course...when it is a group you want to pander too...hey...SURE...go ahead and use the national mall...its not closed to YOU guys...

    Just...ridiculous. The administration is behaving like a spoiled petulant child. It is absolutely fair to say both parties and houses of Congress bear the responsibility for their actions (and greater for their INACTION that led up to this). But 'credit' where credit is due. And its just COMICAL that you are defending the Administration for sending MORE PEOPLE THAN WHEN THEY WERE OPEN to shut them down. Make em bleed!
    You didn't show anything. You didn't show why they are able to work. You didn't show why they are an exception. It is legal. You don't know what the law says about such possible exceptions at all. You are only blaming.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #205
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    Your question is a false premise

    1) Obama will have doubled the debt by the end of his Presidency (if he doesn't seek lifetime presidency anyways)

    2) His job as Commander in Chief is to make absolutely sure that soldiers who die in the line of duty on the field of battle are honored. That their family members are taken care of. Comparing that to Obamacare and EBT cards is a disgrace

    Which welfare recipients? The millions who are scamming the Disability Program? The Unemployed on 99 weeks of xbox and pot leave? The EBT cards? The 50 million + dependent upon Food Stamps? Those people are getting paid right now while the families of soldiers are having to rely on private donations to attend the funeral of their slain loved ones.

    Obama has known about this issue for days and did nothing. There were appropriations bills that even tried to address this, but Obama's Pentagon interpreted the Law their way. As of right now, Obama and Reid CONTINUE to block all resolution that would address this issue.
    No it is asking about doing something illegal and wrong for your priorities in government spending vice doing something for Obama's priorities in government spending. Easy question that you fail to answer because you know that you would not approve of his priorities, only yours.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #206
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    And they either have contracts that allow for this circumventing of the law or they are covered in some other way.
    Indeed. And you have no evidence to the contrary. And obviously even though every other military installation on the planet has contractors that were not only allowed to but REQUIRED to be at work, surely THAT contract wasnt. Because...how else would it fit your argument and defense of the administration?

  7. #207
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Indeed. And you have no evidence to the contrary. And obviously even though every other military installation on the planet has contractors that were not only allowed to but REQUIRED to be at work, surely THAT contract wasnt. Because...how else would it fit your argument and defense of the administration?
    There actually are many contractors not being allowed to work on bases right now. It was in that article too. It wasn't just one base. There are some bases where contractors are able to work and others where they aren't. It has to do with how their contract is written. Unless you want to show me the exact contracts and that they match and how Obama himself or someone else in his administration rather than the bases or DOD purposely chose to pick certain priests to just persecute then you have nothing but petulant blame and trying to pin this on Obama rather than the shutdown, which is Congress's fault.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  8. #208
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    This is what is astonishing to me: In the face of such petty churlishness on the part of this Admin, some still defend it. Amazing.
    Yep.

    "We dont have the manpower to do something we never did before, therefore we are deploying manpower and resources to guard and construct barricades to ensure you cant access the parks where we werent previously guarding."

    1-shutdown-national-parks_72164_600x450.jpg

  9. #209
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There actually are many contractors not being allowed to work on bases right now. It was in that article too. It wasn't just one base. There are some bases where contractors are able to work and others where they aren't. It has to do with how their contract is written. Unless you want to show me the exact contracts and that they match and how Obama himself or someone else in his administration rather than the bases or DOD purposely chose to pick certain priests to just persecute then you have nothing but petulant blame and trying to pin this on Obama rather than the shutdown, which is Congress's fault.
    And there are many that are and were required. You have no way of even PRETENDING to know if the reason they were barred from entering the chapel had ANYTHING to do with their contract. You MADE the silly argument...you probably have the burden of proof of DEFENDING the silly argument.

  10. #210
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Priests Risk Arrest for Offering Sacraments to Catholic Troops During Shutdown

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    And there are many that are and were required. You have no way of even PRETENDING to know if the reason they were barred from entering the chapel had ANYTHING to do with their contract. You MADE the silly argument...you probably have the burden of proof of DEFENDING the silly argument.
    I have a law that says that they aren't supposed to be working in general. It is possible to have a contract made that might circumvent/address this law, but even if there isn't, that would simply mean that the COs at places like Quantico are wrong and should not be allowing the contractors on there. It is still not up to Obama, despite your constant arguing otherwise.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •