Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not at all.....But when you get done looking for another tangent to play with. Maybe you should wonder why MO's Site is still up when others are down as Non Essential.
    Your OP blames Michelle Obama (weirdly) and seems amazed that a particular government function won't occur now that the tea party has shut down the government.

    It's hard to understand what point you're trying to make, except some goofy talking point, that the rightwing noise machine has been repeating for a week. Maybe you can sharpen your analysis.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Your OP blames Michelle Obama (weirdly) and seems amazed that a particular government function won't occur now that the tea party has shut down the government.

    It's hard to understand what point you're trying to make, except some goofy talking point, that the rightwing noise machine has been repeating for a week. Maybe you can sharpen your analysis.
    I told you I was concerned about the kids.....meds not kickin in yet? MO's website being up is just more info for all out there to see. While the Cherry picking goes on.

    Good thing Holder straightened it out in less than 24hrs. As kids shouldn't have to suffer to get help.

  3. #13
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I told you I was concerned about the kids.....meds not kickin in yet? MO's website being up is just more info for all out there to see. While the Cherry picking goes on.

    Good thing Holder straightened it out in less than 24hrs. As kids shouldn't have to suffer to get help.
    The Amber Alert system was never offline. No children were in danger.

    The only thing offline was a website with information about the Amber Alert system. Actual function of the system has nothing to do with that website whatsoever. They basically reactivated the website because people like you were getting confused and then outraged over something that wasn't really happening.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  4. #14
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Well, Obama should have thought about that with his Democrat pals when they gave Congress, Corporations, and Unions that big break and didn't pass it off to all those working class people they love to talk about so much. Including all those poor people.

    Then when he decided he would stand his ground stating he would not negotiate. Fully knowing the problems that were now coming to bear as the truth to his Signature Legislation.

    Even his own buddy Buffett said scrape it and start over.
    Yes, we know you don't like the bill. But it's Obama's key accomplishment and the bill, imperfect as it may be, addresses important faults in the current health care system. So when House Republicans put defunding it into the spending bill, they knew perfectly well that Obama and the Senate wouldn't accept it. They entered into a game of chicken fully conscious and aware.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois
    Last Seen
    10-14-15 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    56,981

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Yes, we know you don't like the bill. But it's Obama's key accomplishment and the bill, imperfect as it may be, addresses important faults in the current health care system. So when House Republicans put defunding it into the spending bill, they knew perfectly well that Obama and the Senate wouldn't accept it. They entered into a game of chicken fully conscious and aware.
    My liking it really doesn't matter in the sense of what has come out into the public over it and even by those who supported it once before. But do not now.....such as Buffett and those he rotates around. including some of those Democrats.

  6. #16
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    35,036

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    My liking it really doesn't matter in the sense of what has come out into the public over it and even by those who supported it once before. But do not now.....such as Buffett and those he rotates around. including some of those Democrats.
    We've already debated the bejeezus out of PPACA. It's the law and we're going to try it out. What the House is doing is demanding that Obama erase his legacy, and there isn't a politician in the universe who would accept that. A politician would sooner sell his children into slavery than nullify his legacy, so this is all just a fantastic waste of everyone's time.

  7. #17
    Don't Give a Rat's Ass
    SMTA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    OH
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    21,859

    Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I told you I was concerned about the kids.....meds not kickin in yet? MO's website being up is just more info for all out there to see. While the Cherry picking goes on.

    Good thing Holder straightened it out in less than 24hrs. As kids shouldn't have to suffer to get help.
    You use of kids to try and score political points is no different than the gun control weasels who tried to use Newtown.
    Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher
    Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way - Rooster Cogburn

  8. #18
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,803

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by SMTA View Post
    You use of kids to try and score political points is no different than the gun control weasels who tried to use Newtown.

    Except in the case of Newtown children died and in the case of this Amber Alert system nothing actually occurred. The performance of the Amber Alert system was never degraded in any way.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,340

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    Not at all.....But when you get done looking for another tangent to play with. Maybe you should wonder why MO's Site is still up when others are down as Non Essential.
    Another DOJ site that is alive and doing well is the National Voter Registration Site.. Apparently it is more important that illegals learn how to sign up to vote without ID than it is to possibly locate a missing person.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Federal Government Closes AMBER Alert Website.....

    Quote Originally Posted by MMC View Post
    I told you I was concerned about the kids.....meds not kickin in yet? MO's website being up is just more info for all out there to see. While the Cherry picking goes on.

    Good thing Holder straightened it out in less than 24hrs. As kids shouldn't have to suffer to get help.
    You do realize the actual Amber Alert system was not taken offline right? The only thing down was the website describing the Amber Alert system.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •