Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 278

Thread: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

  1. #231
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    You're trying to suggest to me that Congress is going to pass a law upping the penalty to $5000? And pass a law allowing the IRS to take it out of your bank account?

    Let me know when that happens.
    It was already passed...

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    The stuff that many conservatives are just flat making up about the ACA is mind boggling.
    Ha... I say the GOP should fully find it and support it as obamas baby, this way WHEN it fails, WHEN it destroys what's left of the economy, then Obama will not be able to claim it was others that caused the failure.

    Oh btw, ever heard of a "teaser" rate?

  3. #233
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Old English View Post
    Well, considering we've never had a true marxist government in the history of mankind, who is to say that it's a bad thing?
    Because Marxism is anarchy.... Marxism is almost an oxymoron.... That's why socialism with authoritarian (sometimes totalitarian cults of personality) communist governments...

    Socialism as a viable economic model is impossible to employ without authoritarian government - that is something progressives and "socialists" just don't understand.

  4. #234
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Because Marxism is anarchy....
    No it's not. Do you know what anarchy means?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Marxism is almost an oxymoron....
    Okay ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    That's why socialism with authoritarian (sometimes totalitarian cults of personality) communist governments...
    That's why what? Finish your sentences plx.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    Socialism as a viable economic model is impossible to employ without authoritarian government -
    Tell that to Sweden. I ain't advocating full-on socialism here, but Sweden seems to be doing quite well for itself as the most socialist yet still non-authoritarian nation on the planet. Look at their economic numbers, level of freedom, etc. Sweden is doing perfectly fine as a largely socialist nation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    that is something progressives and "socialists" just don't understand.
    Progressive and socialist are not synonyms.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  5. #235
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,902

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    It was already passed...
    :citation needed:
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  6. #236
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    Ha... I say the GOP should fully find it and support it as obamas baby, this way WHEN it fails, WHEN it destroys what's left of the economy, then Obama will not be able to claim it was others that caused the failure.

    Oh btw, ever heard of a "teaser" rate?
    Yeah right - that wont work... Obama could kill and eat a baby on live TV then blame republicans and progressives would buy it hook line and sinker...

    Besides, the purpose of Obamacare is to dictate the economy (and individuals) via regulation anyways - much like a communist government dictates/plans their socialist economy.... The second Obamacare is fully implemented the government will start attacking all industries via regulations and taxes (on the industry and the individuals that buy their products) that don't kiss the progressive regimes ass'. In short - if you don't play ball with Obama then the product you sell will be demonized and treated like tobacco, and the excuse the progressives in government will use is "its bad for you hence causes unnecessary health care costs" and of course the sheep will buy that notion and support the tyrannical attack..

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No it's not. Do you know what anarchy means?



    Okay ...



    That's why what? Finish your sentences plx.



    Tell that to Sweden. I ain't advocating full-on socialism here, but Sweden seems to be doing quite well for itself as the most socialist yet still non-authoritarian nation on the planet. Look at their economic numbers, level of freedom, etc. Sweden is doing perfectly fine as a largely socialist nation.



    Progressive and socialist are not synonyms.
    HA...

    Yeah I know what Marxism is and what Anarchy means.... Anarchy is IMPOSSIBLE to achieve, and Marx didn't advocate authoritarian tactics or government to employ socialism, however that is EXACTLY what it takes to employ socialism as a viable economic model....

    You know why? because there will always be decent for socialism and in order for the model to work everyone needs to be on board with the idea of "socialism" (or obedient to the economic model) to make it work - that's why true socialism always evolves into communism..

    BTW, Sweden isn't truly socialist - not to mention, socialism works for small nations, much like socialism works for small families (the family unit is essentially socialist... However, do you believe a middle class family with 15 kids can afford to be "liberal" with their spending opposed to a middle class family of 4? No they cant because the family with 15 kids need more resources on the same income so allowance and other comforts for the kids go bye bye...

    Of course you won't get my analogy....

  8. #238
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    It was already passed...
    Nothing in the law allows the IRS to directly take money from your bank account. And the penalty indexes to inflation, so no, they can't just arbitrarily change it to $5000.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  9. #239
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    10-30-14 @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,908

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Nothing in the law allows the IRS to directly take money from your bank account. And the penalty indexes to inflation, so no, they can't just arbitrarily change it to $5000.
    They can do whatever the hell they want...

    They just can't go into your bank account and steal your money, however they can freeze your bank account and garnish your wages until they're paid...

    What's the difference...

    You're allowing them to and support them when they do....

  10. #240
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,824

    Re: Marxist Takeover of America - It's Happening Now

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nick View Post
    They can do whatever the hell they want...

    They just can't go into your bank account and steal your money, however they can freeze your bank account and garnish your wages until they're paid...

    What's the difference...

    You're allowing them to and support them when they do....
    Actually, the tax penalty imparted by Obamacare can only be assessed on your tax return, and no criminal penalties can be applied. Pretty weak enforcement mechanism, wouldn't you say?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •