Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

    House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa is “in the early stages of examining it,” spokesman Frederick Hill told POLITICO. “I don’t think we’ve sent any letters or requests at this point, but they’re possible.”
    The GOP shut down the government and Issa wants to investigate why it shut down. The farce is complete.

    House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures - Darren Goode - POLITICO.com

  2. #2
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The GOP shut down the government and Issa wants to investigate why it shut down. The farce is complete.

    House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures - Darren Goode - POLITICO.com
    one thing I would like to know is how you close a stone structure, that does nothing.

  3. #3
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The GOP shut down the government and Issa wants to investigate why it shut down. The farce is complete.
    I see you do not understand that "Monuments" is not the "Government".

    I also see you are towing the liberal line with the false talking points. It was the Dems that shut it down.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see you do not understand that "Monuments" is not the "Government".

    I also see you are towing the liberal line with the false talking points. It was the Dems that shut it down.
    Hey, look kids. Excon got the rightwing memo. So now we're supposed to argue about monuments.

    Like clockwork.

    I know why they shut down the "monuments" -- the GOP shut down the government. It's really pretty simple, except for tea partiers.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Hey, look kids. Excon got the rightwing memo. So now we're supposed to argue about monuments.

    Like clockwork.

    I know why they shut down the "monuments" -- the GOP shut down the government. It's really pretty simple, except for tea partiers.
    Hey look kids, there he goes again, wrong as usual.
    The Dems shut down the Government.

    And he can't tell the difference between "Monuments" and the "Government".
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    And there you go, wrong as usual.
    The Dems shut down the Government.
    BWhAHHAAHAH!

    You actually believe your own farce at this point. It's perfect.

  7. #7
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    You actually believe your own farce at this point. It's perfect.
    It is perfect because it is true.
    You are wrong.
    There is nothing you can say or do to change that.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #8
    The Dude
    Kobie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Western NY
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    42,910

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post


    It is perfect because it is true.
    You are wrong.
    There is nothing you can say or do to change that.
    No, he's not. See, I can play petty partisan games too.
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kobie View Post
    No, he's not. See, I can play petty partisan games too.
    Yes he is. The Republicans have been willing to negotiate and the Dems have not.

    They are the Party of "No" right now.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #10
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Repubs get their negotiation as soon as the Russian Roulette stops.
    Even for Repub supporters, Repubs have this Nation's stomachs in knots.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •