Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #71
    Sage
    clownboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    08-17-16 @ 10:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    26,087

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Policy riders and poison pills on budget bills are the House Republican version of the Senate Republican filibuster.
    Good grief, you don't have to lie. Riders and poison pills have been around since the beginning and used by both the house and the senate, used by both parties.

  2. #72
    Sage
    reinoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Out West
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    16,087
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    They weren't booted out of their homes during any prior shut downs

    Not to fear Obama's golf course remains open

    Obama's Golf Course Has Been Spared from the Shutdown

    Wake up
    It would be nice if the federal government was consistent in what is or is not shut down. However that doesn't change the fact that those homes were on federal lands and therefore the residents can be kicked off the federal property.

  3. #73
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Deflection and play pretend. We're getting a lot of that from the tea party as they attack the economy

    i asked a question, and you did not answer.......your usual tactic.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It is not "their" land. It is public land. Owned by the public. You seem to forget that WE are the masters and THEY are the servants.
    And the people chosen to administer the care of public lands are the government. You cannot do whatever you want on public land. I can not go into a park and just start shooting my gun anywhere I so please. I cannot light the park on fire. I cannot build a treehouse in the park no matter how much I want to. The government gets to decide what goes on on public lands not you. You have only the rights to use it as they allow. It does not belong to you and that is a twisted view.

  5. #75
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    And the people chosen to administer the care of public lands are the government. You cannot do whatever you want on public land. I can not go into a park and just start shooting my gun anywhere I so please. I cannot light the park on fire. I cannot build a treehouse in the park no matter how much I want to. The government gets to decide what goes on on public lands not you. You have only the rights to use it as they allow. It does not belong to you and that is a twisted view.
    When did we ratify an amendment giving the federal govt the power to aquire state land to run as parks?

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    I see it is you who do not understand.
    No I completely understand. You are telling me about your imaginary land that you live in and it is not the real world. In the real world the republicans are getting hammered because they refuse to infiltrate their message into new media and to appreciate new voter views. This is the last dieing breaths of your party. They have chosen to ride their train to the end of the line and to stand fast in the light of their own destruction. It will hurt them and you, but you have done so much to be an ass that no one gives a damn anymore about how much you are going to cry. Little victories are all you have left. This will not be the last stand for change. Obama has failed to bring it but the people still want it so they will have it. They are not running back to the old ways of shame and hate. Your people are dying. Enjoy your small little hole because you will be burried in it if you do not wake up and embrace the new age.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    When did we ratify an amendment giving the federal govt the power to aquire state land to run as parks?
    Absurd argument that if you do not know you really are not supposed to be in this conversation. I can help some people but if that is your question you need to start way back in the begining of things like sociology, government, and law. No, I am not going to spend time chasing down a video that explains the basics of government like 2+2=4 type fundamentals. If you thought that was going to work and you really do not know who administers federal land I cannot help you. You are not even worth my time.

  8. #78
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    one thing I would like to know is how you close a stone structure, that does nothing.
    Bingo!

    My theory: And this goes along with closing White House tours over the sequester. It's a purposeful intent by some to both distract and inconvenience average people in their relatively insignificant lives in the hopes that they'll complain and blame the other side. Let's face it, most people have "Twitter-type" attention spans, and "don't like politics", so they're not really caring if the Bureau of Basket Weaving is shut down... but stand back if you thwart their kid's 3rd grade class from seeing a huge stone Abe Lincoln sitting in a chair, then there'll be hell to pay.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  9. #79
    Mixed Government advocate
    Master PO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    93,000,000 miles from Earth where its very Hot
    Last Seen
    11-30-17 @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,331

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Bingo!

    My theory: And this goes along with closing White House tours over the sequester. It's a purposeful intent by some to both distract and inconvenience average people in their relatively insignificant lives in the hopes that they'll complain and blame the other side. Let's face it, most people have "Twitter-type" attention spans, and "don't like politics", so they're not really caring if the Bureau of Basket Weaving is shut down... but stand back if you thwart their kid's 3rd grade class from seeing a huge stone Abe Lincoln sitting in a chair, then there'll be hell to pay.
    even the Grand Canyon is closed, though the state of AZ said they would pay the cost to keep it open, the federal government refused.

  10. #80
    Phonetic Mnemonic
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,407

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Perhaps he will also investigate this 'idiocity'...

    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

    Really? Cones along a public highway to prevent viewing of a National Monument...And I'm sure they used a contractor to place the cones (not even gov't employees)...
    I cannot recall the last time I read anything so childish and absurd. *sigh* Sometimes I wonder how the human species even survives.
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •