Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    The darkside of the moon
    Last Seen
    05-24-14 @ 05:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,905
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nice spin there HoJ. A government shut down means people in the government not going to work unless they are in essential jobs. Which park service is not one of. Instead of those park service personnel not going to work they went to work, along with barriers being put in place (which costs extra money) and are actively trying to keep people out. I can see actively keeping people out of a building. But open air monuments? 1,100 miles of ocean? Biscayne national Park with 173 thousand acres? Why are they being actively prevented from going in?
    This is what it means to shut down non essential things, and that means you do not get to do what you want with their land. This is what a government shutdown is. This is what the republicans want, but they also want to have all the stuff they like be there. This is what you get. Deal or fold.

  2. #62
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,016

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    There should be an investigation. Someone must have ordered NPS personelle to barricade a public space requiring no oversight, to keep out the public. And I cant think of any reason to do that other than political, which is an abuse of power. So someone needs to be fired.

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Vandalism anyone? Forest fires ? Etc etc
    As far as I know emergency services are not affected. And vandalism can be fix and cleaned up.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,857
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    This is what it means to shut down non essential things, and that means you do not get to do what you want with their land. This is what a government shutdown is. This is what the republicans want, but they also want to have all the stuff they like be there. This is what you get. Deal or fold.
    It is not "their" land. It is public land. Owned by the public. You seem to forget that WE are the masters and THEY are the servants.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  5. #65
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I see you do not understand.
    I see it is you who do not understand.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    these are things the government provides for us.
    No. They don't.
    You think they provided this open air monument? Well you are wrong.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    So shutting it down means that these things are not available to us. That is what the shutdown means. It does not mean we let the republicans go about life as normal doing what they want to because of this. You want the shut down now you face the loss of some of your government provided things. If it is that imprtant to you then feel free to fund the whole government and tell your reps to do that. I am quite fine with you taking a hit because of this. You and the veterans do not need to be provided something from the government that you are railing against. Maybe you will figure out that shutting down the whole government over not getting your way on one issue was a really stupid idea that screws us all, but I am not bothered that you feel pain over a decision that the idiots you back with a sycophantic fervor.
    I see you in your fervor fail to see the truth of the situation. It is to be expected of someone who so blindly goes along as a lemming would with what their sycophantic leader is doing. Truly a shame.
    What your halfwit leader is doing is wrong.
    There was no reason to spend more closing down something that didn't need to be closed in the first place.
    You can't change that.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    There should be no negotiations on funding the agreed upon functions of our government.
    You seem to be confused again because ACA was not an agreed to function of the Government.
    It was legislation that was passed in an underhanded fashion.

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You have had 40 votes to get rid of Obamacare and it is still there, now it is time to fund everything we voted on doing and funding.
    Now is obviously time to try and negotiate.
    Had the Dems done their jobs in the first place we wouldn't be where we are now needing a CR, which is giving the republicans a chance to do what they are doing.
    So stop with the bs.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You do not get to kill off programs you do not like by simply not funding them when they have been democratically voted on and established by the majority, and they have been upheld as constitutional by the court.
    You mean like the Dems attempting to defund the Iraq War?
    You mean like 18 USC § 925(c) that has been consistently defunded since 1992?

    You mean to tell me our elected reps can't do these things?

    Well you better tell them, because it is done, and is acceptable

    What you said is nonsense, as it doesn't matter one iota that it was passed and one aspect of it upheld.
    It doesn't mater one bit as our representatives can choose to remove, change and or defund what ever legislation they want.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    You have to get a majority to take out obamacare, and it is not right for it to be taken out by a minority. No there should not be a negotiation on that in any way shape or form.
    Well apparently the people don't want it.
    So the Dems are standing in the way of what the people want.
    Your minority argument is bogus.


    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    I am glad Obama and the dems are standing up to you, and I hope they continue. If they will not i will make damed sure to vote for someone who will stand up to your people and tell them they are in the minority and the people overwhelmingly want this.
    Standing up to me? iLOL
    My people? iLOL
    Typical liberal.
    I see you support the party of "No". Obviously it is because you like the legislation. Nothing more than that.
    Which is truly sad, as the legislation is harmful to this country, but you don't care as long as you get yours, right?
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  6. #66
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The GOP shut down the government and Issa wants to investigate why it shut down. The farce is complete.

    House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures - Darren Goode - POLITICO.com


    Democrats shut it down, and there are monuments being shutdown that have no reason to be such as the WW2 Memorial
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    again... what's the excuse 17 times before?
    Deflection and play pretend. We're getting a lot of that from the tea party as they attack the economy

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    It is not "their" land. It is public land. Owned by the public. You seem to forget that WE are the masters and THEY are the servants.
    Word games. Another aspect of the tea party syndrome.

    Let's pretend you don't need staff to keep government monuments, parks, etc. open. Let's pretend.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Nice spin there HoJ. A government shut down means people in the government not going to work unless they are in essential jobs. Which park service is not one of. Instead of those park service personnel not going to work they went to work, along with barriers being put in place (which costs extra money) and are actively trying to keep people out. I can see actively keeping people out of a building. But open air monuments? 1,100 miles of ocean? Biscayne national Park with 173 thousand acres? Why are they being actively prevented from going in?
    Let's pretend parks don't require staff to function. Let's pretend.

    The GOP shuts down the government and they investigate why government functions have ceased. A new level of tea party dishonesty. And of course everybody sees through it, so it's perfect to watch you defend it.

  10. #70
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Seen
    06-21-17 @ 12:55 PM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,577

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    If it costs more money to "shut it down" than it does to keep them open, and we are talking about a shutdown due to lack of funding, wtf are people thinkig shutting them down?

Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •