Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    In all honesty, the right is playing games in regards to the ACA. If they don't like it, win elections and get it defunded. What the right is doing would be the equivalent of the left (when Bush was in charge) of demanding that we get out of Iraq or they wouldn't fund the government. The GOP needs to win elections, or quit whining.

    If the GOP REALLY wanted to curb spending, they wouldn't tack on their OWN pork to projects. They and the Dems are just different sides of the same pathetic coin.
    I'd actually have ALOT more respect for Democrats if they did demand we get out of Iraq in exchange for funding.

  2. #322
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    All your question tells me is that you haven't been paying attention to what has been happening.
    So what are they going to negotiate? I haven't seen that they're willing to give up on the Obamacare thing. Don't give me that "delay" crap.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  3. #323
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    So what are they going to negotiate? I haven't seen that they're willing to give up on the Obamacare thing. Don't give me that "delay" crap.
    Oy vey!
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #324
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    The assumptions here aren't based in reality. They are greatly underestimating how much the subsides will cost over the long term.
    And you know this because ?

    I know our health insurance has sky rocketed over the last 40 years.
    DH is self employed so we are fully aware of the price of health insurance over the last 40 years.
    The last couple of years the cost has finally slowed.
    Last edited by minnie616; 10-10-13 at 07:33 AM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  5. #325
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    That is reasonable, but I haven't seen where they're willing to fund it with that tax removed. I'd like to see your source on that.
    I would be more interested in how they were going to fund if the CR they are going to pass fully funded the government. It doesn't. It falls short and is going to require over a half trillion in borrowing.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  6. #326
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,018

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hays View Post
    There are public restrooms (Men and Women) on the property.
    Of the national mall in general, not in the memorial itself. And Im sure people would be fine without them, since its supposed to be shutdown. The point however was the abuse of power and political manuvering needs to be investigated, not the operation itself. We have park employees on record saying they were told to make like miserable.

  7. #327
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,157

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oy vey!
    So you can't answer. Figures.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Seen
    01-22-17 @ 09:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    4,136

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    And you know this because ?

    I know our health insurance has sky rocketed over the last 40 years.
    DH is self employed so we are fully aware of the price of health insurance over the last 40 years.
    The last couple of years the cost has finally slowed.
    Because they cut reimbursements by the gov. And I can tell you, it's going to hurt quality as providers lay off workers ( or those workers quit) and cut services.

    But the exchanges don't run on gov reimbursements. They are private insurance plans, and the restrictions they've put on them will drive up the prices. It's not important what they overall medical spending is, all that matters is what the price of premiums are, and that's what will skyrocket.

  9. #329
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,947

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by ReformCollege View Post
    Because they cut reimbursements by the gov. And I can tell you, it's going to hurt quality as providers lay off workers ( or those workers quit) and cut services.

    But the exchanges don't run on gov reimbursements. They are private insurance plans, and the restrictions they've put on them will drive up the prices. It's not important what they overall medical spending is, all that matters is what the price of premiums are, and that's what will skyrocket.
    I disagree. The cost of healthcare is already being curbed.
    I see it in our personal premiums and even Forbes admits that costs are being curbed.
    Read the Forbes article I linked.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  10. #330
    Traveler

    Jack Hays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Williamsburg, Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,844
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Of the national mall in general, not in the memorial itself. And Im sure people would be fine without them, since its supposed to be shutdown. The point however was the abuse of power and political manuvering needs to be investigated, not the operation itself. We have park employees on record saying they were told to make like miserable.
    They are immediately adjacent to the memorial, and were constructed when it was.
    "It's always reassuring to find you've made the right enemies." -- William J. Donovan

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •