Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #151
    Phonetic Mnemonic ©
    radcen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Look to your right... I'm that guy.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:56 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    33,438

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    The administration didnt choose what places get to keep open and which ones close.... Its not like when the clock struck midnight a document went to Obama and he got to check which services the federal gov provides get to remain open and closed...
    Regarding the examples I cited and which you conveniently edited out in your response...

    Somebody chose to put barriers around otherwise unfenced monuments.

    Somebody also chose to cone off pull-out areas at Mt Rushmore.

    These "somebodys" are under the Administration. It doesn't need to be directly chosen by the President. It can be a simple vague directive, from any number of people high up, such as "Make mundane things as inconvenient and high-profile as possible."
    If you claim sexual harassment to be wrong, yet you defend anyone on your side for any reason,
    then you are a hypocrite and everything you say on the matter is just babble.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Regarding the examples I cited and which you conveniently edited out in your response...

    Somebody chose to put barriers around otherwise unfenced monuments.

    Somebody also chose to cone off pull-out areas at Mt Rushmore.

    These "somebodys" are under the Administration. It doesn't need to be directly chosen by the President. It can be a simple vague directive, from any number of people high up, such as "Make mundane things as inconvenient and high-profile as possible."
    Yep, you typically turn off the lights when you close shop. So you're going to investigate the fact that the lights have been turned off after the GOP shut down the government.

    Perfect!

    I swear only a tea partier would be upset about not getting government services after having shut down the government. It sums up conservativebizarroworld perfectly.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes because the Washington Post isnt a "reliable source"

    A blog at the Post, is not the Post.
    Do you not know that?



    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Alright since a Washington Post blog isnt reliable or whatever
    "Parks, Museums, and Monuments. Closure of 368 National Park Service sites
    (loss of 7 million visitors) reportedly occurred, with loss of tourism revenues to
    local communities; and closure of national museums and monuments (reportedly
    with an estimated loss of 2 million visitors) occurred" [url]http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34680.pdf[/url

    Do i think its stupid? Yes. Do i think people knew it was going to happen if they paid attention to the news? Yes. Do i think we should just open them just cuz? No. I instead believe open up everything instead.
    You really don't get it do you?
    Read this thread. It has been explained.
    An open air memorial is not the same as a staffed museum. Damn, it isn't that hard to understand.
    And apparently they have spent more by trying to block access. That's liberals for you.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #154
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    A blog at the Post, is not the Post.
    Do you not know that?
    Uh yes it is. If you havent noticed news organizations staff bloggers..



    You really don't get it do you?
    Read this thread. It has been explained.
    An open air memorial is not the same as a staffed museum. Damn, it isn't that hard to understand.
    And apparently they have spent more by trying to block access. That's liberals for you.
    No it hasnt. Peoples opinions if they should be open or not have been. But the fact remains is that this was reported, people knew this was part of the deal if it closes, and it closed and since its considered part of the National Parks it is closed.


  5. #155
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I agree. The Democrats should sit down and demand that the GOP raise taxes on the rich, cut military spending to the bone and repeal Citizens United.
    Hell yeah! And after we dispose of that Progressive/liberal meme we can move on to that TP meme that intimidates you so much...like raising taxes on everybody else (flat tax) even eliminate CG and inheritance taxes, cut welfare programs to the bone and repeal Roe v Wade...being ignorant CAN be fun...

    Let's really negotiate, since the GOP wants to negotiate legislation and not the debt ceiling
    How can we? Didn't the President already say he would negotiate about the budget OR the debt ceiling?

    go on...you can say it...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  6. #156
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by radcen View Post
    Regarding the examples I cited and which you conveniently edited out in your response...
    Well i didnt put them in my response because that is what happens when you close a monument/park. You close it down and deny people access to them because they are closed...

    Somebody chose to put barriers around otherwise unfenced monuments.
    The gov did because its closed and they are not considered essential and since the gov is close they closed down all non essential parts, the park being considered one of them.

    Somebody also chose to cone off pull-out areas at Mt Rushmore.
    Again the gov did.

    These "somebodys" are under the Administration. It doesn't need to be directly chosen by the President. It can be a simple vague directive, from any number of people high up, such as "Make mundane things as inconvenient and high-profile as possible."
    Or the gov as a whole because they didnt pass a budget therefore closing off national parks. This was decided in 1995 as i explained earlier.


  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Hell yeah! And after we dispose of that Progressive/liberal meme we can move on to that TP meme that intimidates you so much...like raising taxes on everybody else (flat tax) even eliminate CG and inheritance taxes, cut welfare programs to the bone and repeal Roe v Wade...being ignorant CAN be fun...



    How can we? Didn't the President already say he would negotiate about the budget OR the debt ceiling?

    go on...you can say it...:lawmo
    So what are you complaining about? Focus, focus.

  8. #158
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uh yes it is. If you havent noticed news organizations staff bloggers..
    Oy vey. You are wrong.




    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    No it hasnt. Peoples opinions if they should be open or not have been. But the fact remains is that this was reported, people knew this was part of the deal if it closes, and it closed and since its considered part of the National Parks it is closed.
    Still wrong.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  9. #159
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So what are you complaining about? Focus, focus.
    Complaining? Show me where I'm complaining...

    ps: did you ever source that 'brisk rate' assertion?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #160
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Oy vey. You are wrong.
    Really?!?
    LA Times to hire bloggers, names Seattle bureau chief - LA Observed





    Still wrong.
    I'm done with this. We are getting literally no where.


Page 16 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •