Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    You're still posting nonsense, so the farce continues.
    Perfect teabaggery. The GOP shuts down the government, and calls for an investigation for why it isn't open, and CanadaJohn calls it nonsense to point out the farce.

    It's perfection.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Taking it off the table is capitulation. Not negotiation or compromise.

    The Dems are refusing.
    Demanding the Republicans capitulate to negotiate is absurd. (and highly unlikely the Dems would then negotiate, especially as there would be no leverage.)
    Now is the time for negotiations, and the Dems are refusing.
    I agree. The Democrats should sit down and demand that the GOP raise taxes on the rich, cut military spending to the bone and repeal Citizens United.

    Let's really negotiate, since the GOP wants to negotiate legislation and not the debt ceiling

  3. #143
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Uhh yes they did. Did you not read any news source or anything and they listed which gov services remain open and which ones get to close.
    Wrong again.
    You stated; " everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down..."
    No they didn't. And they didn't because it is not.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong again.
    You stated; " everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down..."
    No they didn't. And they didn't because it is not.
    Your perplexity at not getting government services after your party shut down the government is both perplexing and highly amusing.

    I love this goofy meme.

  5. #145
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Wrong again.
    You stated; " everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down..."
    No they didn't. And they didn't because it is not.
    Yes they did! From the beginning! Here is an article found before the gov shut down: "But many federal agencies will shut their doors and send their employees home, from the Environmental Protection Agency to hundreds of national parks."
    The national parks are non essential and have been that way since 1995 as also stated in the article. So in short yes we did know and so did all the politicians. Absolutely everything you need to know about how the government shutdown will work


  6. #146
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Are you STILL pretending that government monuments aren't staffed?
    Are you still pretending that the open Memorial was staffed by anyone affected by the shutdown?


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    I agree. The Democrats should sit down and demand that the GOP raise taxes on the rich, cut military spending to the bone and repeal Citizens United.
    Oy vey!
    All which hurts this country.


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    The Democrats should sit down and demand that the GOP raise taxes on the rich,
    They are eventually going to do that anyway. And when they have enough power they will.


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    cut military spending to the bone

    A constitution requirement that would hurt this country.
    What an absurd thing to suggest.


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    repeal Citizens United.
    Repeal a court case?
    That's funny.

    Let's really negotiate, since the GOP wants to negotiate legislation and not the debt ceiling


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Perfect teabaggery. The GOP shuts down the government, and calls for an investigation for why it isn't open,
    You keep stating this ridiculous meme, all while knowing you are wrong.
    The Dems are the one who shut it down by not negotiating or cooperating.
    And the call for investigation is for that which should not have been closed.
    So stop with your ridiculous games.


    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Your perplexity at not getting government services after your party shut down the government is both perplexing and highly amusing.
    As it was the Dems that shut it down, you can stop telling your lies.

    And as I have pointed it out to you before, I am not a republican, so stop lying in that regard also.
    They are not "my" party. Nor is the tea Party "my" party.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  7. #147
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Yes they did! From the beginning! Here is an article found before the gov shut down: "But many federal agencies will shut their doors and send their employees home, from the Environmental Protection Agency to hundreds of national parks."
    The national parks are non essential and have been that way since 1995 as also stated in the article. So in short yes we did know and so did all the politicians. Absolutely everything you need to know about how the government shutdown will work
    Dude. You have failed big time.
    A blog does not dictate what is or isn't shut down.
    A blog does not say "everyone knew" as you said.

    The fact remains that there was no legitimate reason to shut down the open air memorial. None.
    It was unprecedented and has thoroughly been explained as to why in this thread.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  8. #148
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Are you still pretending that the open Memorial was staffed by anyone affected by the shutdown?


    Oy vey!
    All which hurts this country.


    They are eventually going to do that anyway. And when they have enough power they will.



    A constitution requirement that would hurt this country.
    What an absurd thing to suggest.


    Repeal a court case?
    That's funny.

    Let's really negotiate, since the GOP wants to negotiate legislation and not the debt ceiling


    You keep stating this ridiculous meme, all while knowing you are wrong.
    The Dems are the one who shut it down by not negotiating or cooperating.
    And the call for investigation is for that which should not have been closed.
    So stop with your ridiculous games.


    As it was the Dems that shut it down, you can stop telling your lies.

    And as I have pointed it out to you before, I am not a republican, so stop lying in that regard also.
    They are not "my" party. Nor is the tea Party "my" party.
    So you admit that the government is shut down, but you blame the Democrats. So what are you going to investigate exactly?

    Looks like your memes are getting all confused.

  9. #149
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    So you admit that the government is shut down, but you blame the Democrats. So what are you going to investigate exactly?

    Looks like your memes are getting all confused.
    Looks like you are confused, as you were just told "what" and "why".
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #150
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Dude. You have failed big time.
    A blog does not dictate what is or isn't shut down.
    Yes because the Washington Post isnt a "reliable source"

    A blog does not say "everyone knew" as you said.
    Alright since a Washington Post blog isnt reliable or whatever
    "Parks, Museums, and Monuments. Closure of 368 National Park Service sites
    (loss of 7 million visitors) reportedly occurred, with loss of tourism revenues to
    local communities; and closure of national museums and monuments (reportedly
    with an estimated loss of 2 million visitors) occurred" http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL34680.pdf


    The fact remains that there was no legitimate reason to shut down the open air memorial. None.
    It was unprecedented and has thoroughly been explained as to why in this thread.
    Do i think its stupid? Yes. Do i think people knew it was going to happen if they paid attention to the news? Yes. Do i think we should just open them just cuz? No. I instead believe open up everything instead.


Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •