Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 369

Thread: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures[W:120]

  1. #91
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by tererun View Post
    No I completely understand. You are telling me about your imaginary land that you live in and it is not the real world. In the real world the republicans are getting hammered because they refuse to infiltrate their message into new media and to appreciate new voter views. This is the last dieing breaths of your party. They have chosen to ride their train to the end of the line and to stand fast in the light of their own destruction. It will hurt them and you, but you have done so much to be an ass that no one gives a damn anymore about how much you are going to cry. Little victories are all you have left. This will not be the last stand for change. Obama has failed to bring it but the people still want it so they will have it. They are not running back to the old ways of shame and hate. Your people are dying. Enjoy your small little hole because you will be burried in it if you do not wake up and embrace the new age.
    Poor tererun, still not understanding and still living in a fabricated existence in his own little fantasy world and only wanting something so you can get yours, never minding that it will hurt this country. That is called being myopic.

    No tererun, I am telling you that you are wrong. I have pointed out where your thoughts are wrong.
    I am telling you that the crap you spew, is wrong.
    I am telling you that you living in your fantasy world causes you to be blind to the truth.

    You even fail at understanding that "they" are not my party.
    So stop with your absurd lies.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-07-13 at 04:51 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  2. #92
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    What the Republicans in the House are doing is no different than the Dems in the Senate. BOTH parties want what they want and BOTH have put us into this mess.
    It is gamesmanship as usual.
    But there is a difference here. The Republicans have been willing to compromise. The Dems haven't.
    That makes the Dems more at fault.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    It is gamesmanship as usual.
    But there is a difference here. The Republicans have been willing to compromise. The Dems haven't.
    That makes the Dems more at fault.
    No, the Republicans aren't. The compromise would be to take Obamacare off the table and the Repulbicans aren't wanting to do that. And the Dems want to keep Obamacare and they aren't willing to compromise there.

    The one issue of Obamacare NIETHER side is wanting to budge, so it is BOTH their faults. The Republicans if they REALLY cared about the debt and spending, would take Obamacare off the table and then go for other cuts on the Dems side. Thay aren't. And I'm not saying the Dems are any better, they BOTH are at fault.

    Neither side is working towards a compromise.

  4. #94
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,762

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    got trolling??
    I'll be glad to respond to your post, which was on mine to another, when it doesn't have an attack, which mine didn't to the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    if your going to site Ed Schulz, when are you going to criticize conservatives for Rush Limbaugh, becuase we are dealing to the opposite sides of the same coin.

  5. #95
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 12:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,003

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    So this is what happens as i have stated earlier:
    When you block budget conferences a whole year, try to repeal a law around 40 times when you know its not going to get anywhere, and you wait till the last second to try to pass a budget which includes approving Keystone pipeline, eliminating funding for PP, broad Tax Reform, defunding Obamacare, means testing for social security, and many various other things and the Democrats literally get nothing but keeping sequester cuts (which they dont like in the first place) and the gov stays open. Thats not a deal, thats not even governing. Thats trying to use the gov as a political tool. Then they want to use short term CR's to keep the government open for a short time so they can do the same thing all over again.
    But this time the story has continued now they wanna keep parts only they want open instead of opening the whole entire thing up. I mean i applaud the WW2 vets going to the memorial i dont applaud when the Republicans go over there and use it for cheap political points but when they go and vote you can go look at their voting records and you will see they arent really "pro veteran" like they want to act like... Pretty pathetic.
    So that justifies blocking off public spaces how?

  6. #96
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So that justifies blocking off public spaces how?
    Because the gov runs those areas and they are not considered essential. Look everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down...


  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    So that justifies blocking off public spaces how?
    This is one of a few times I have agreed with the right. The shutdown is purposely being done to maximize suffering IMO. Not all the shutdowns (and the way they have been done) is necessary.

  8. #98
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Because the gov runs those areas and they are not considered essential. Look everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down...
    They don't need to cone off a public parking space. It simply is not needed to be done. Even you can admit that right? Some of this stuff is just plain stupid, there is no reason to shut down a parking lot.

  9. #99
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    No, the Republicans aren't. The compromise would be to take Obamacare off the table and the Repulbicans aren't wanting to do that.

    No.
    Taking it off the table is not compromising. That is capitulation.
    Reducing your demands is compromising. Which is what the Republicans have been doing.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And the Dems want to keep Obamacare and they aren't willing to compromise there.
    Making them at fault.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The one issue of Obamacare NIETHER side is wanting to budge, so it is BOTH their faults. The Republicans if they REALLY cared about the debt and spending, would take Obamacare off the table and then go for other cuts on the Dems side. Thay aren't. And I'm not saying the Dems are any better, they BOTH are at fault.

    Neither side is working towards a compromise.
    The only side not budging and not attempting to compromise has been the Dems.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

  10. #100
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: House Republicans seek probe of D.C. monument closures

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Look everyone knew this was part of the deal when the gov shuts down...
    As it is not, you are blowing smoke.
    Last edited by Excon; 10-07-13 at 05:19 PM.
    “The law is reason, free from passion.”
    Aristotle
    (≚ᄌ≚)

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •