Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 303

Thread: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:190:159]

  1. #281
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Conditional love is not something I associate with being a parent.
    There are points where acceptance or tolerance cannot be unconditional. Should a parent maintain love and contact with an abusive child? What about a child that is constantly taking advantage of their parent? What about a son/daughter who abuses their own children?

    And even given these things, the parents can still love their children without wishing to remain in contact with them, particularly if we are talking about adult children.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  2. #282
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    There are points where acceptance or tolerance cannot be unconditional. Should a parent maintain love and contact with an abusive child? What about a child that is constantly taking advantage of their parent? What about a son/daughter who abuses their own children?

    And even given these things, the parents can still love their children without wishing to remain in contact with them, particularly if we are talking about adult children.
    thats not what was said in the letter. Disowning a child is unnatural. So...with that...I disown you.

    And you can't see just how "wrong" that is.

    Color me NOT shocked anymore.

  3. #283
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,869

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Conditional love is not something I associate with being a parent.
    Who said anything about love? There is a point at which you cannot keep company with someone who is toxic for the damage it will do. The grandfather is right as there nothing good that would come of a relationship with his daughter. The hate directed at her son would only hurt him further. Cutting her off is completely justified.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  4. #284
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,325

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by DVSentinel View Post
    You're not homosexual? Then why have you seemed to be taking it so personal and also spaming the board with repeated posts of pro-homosexual propaganda? With that much interests, I just assumed from that evidence that you had a personal stake in the subject, ie. you were yourself a homosexual.
    Atrocious reasoning.

  5. #285
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    thats not what was said in the letter. Disowning a child is unnatural. So...with that...I disown you.

    And you can't see just how "wrong" that is.

    Color me NOT shocked anymore.
    Actually, he didn't say "I disown you". He just said that he wished to have no more contact with her unless she changed. (paraphrased, obviously)
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #286
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Who said anything about love? There is a point at which you cannot keep company with someone who is toxic for the damage it will do. The grandfather is right as there nothing good that would come of a relationship with his daughter. The hate directed at her son would only hurt him further. Cutting her off is completely justified.
    Yes...it's ALWAYS he best way to teach a child about hatred by calling he a bitch and disowning her.

    Good lord.....

  7. #287
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Its all perspective, isnt it? The father is employing the exact same tactic as the mother. Conditional love, and abandonment as just 'punishment'.
    That's right. Everyone has a different perspective. Regardless, they are not even remotely equal. The grandfather is making a point. The mother is putting her child's health and safety at risk.
    Last edited by sbrettt; 10-05-13 at 01:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  8. #288
    Guru
    sbrettt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Prospect park, PA
    Last Seen
    08-09-15 @ 07:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    2,724

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Actually, he didn't say "I disown you". He just said that he wished to have no more contact with her unless she changed. (paraphrased, obviously)
    LOL nice! I think you are the first person in all 29 pages to point that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Should I be free to buy anthrax and a rocket launcher?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil_Osophy View Post
    Is there a reason you shouldnt be free to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tothian View Post
    Obamacare wants to put a chip inside people. There is a video of it on youtube.

  9. #289
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    You should look up the definitions.
    no need your post totally owned itself and proofs you are absolutely factually clueless about this topic as multiple people pointed out now. Thank you!
    its exactly what i wanted, we knew you had no clue about this topic and were severely uneducated about the discussion at hand but now its here for all to read and that fact is sealed now.

    You provided NOTHING that even resembled a mental disorder and the things you talked about to try and get there were factually inaccurate themselves, this is why we all laughed and you have zero proof.

    THanks for playing, that was awesome. Your posts loses to facts again as usual BUT as always if you would like to continue the destruction of your failed posts try again. Please try to post some facts that supports your failed lie again. We'd love to read it.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  10. #290
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,771

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Actually, homosexuality is not the main issue for me. Abandoning a minor child is, as I feel it might be for the others you are referring to in this thread.

    I spent last summer, 2011, getting a homeless minor off the street because his mother and her husband threw him out. Instead of finding services to get help with dealing with his issues (teenage angst), they tossed him out to sleep on park benches and couch surf at 16. I was stunned that his grandparents did not step in, or maybe I'm assuming they knew? Or possibly they did and that's where mom got it from? I know there was a great deal of pressure from her husband and she had to uphold his decision.

    Or possibly the story of one of my neighbors will help you see where I'm coming from when I tell you she and her husband obtained custody of their 2-year-old grandson and had nothing to do with their daughter until she cleaned up enough to come around when the boy was old enough to ask about her.

    So no Vance, you're wrong there. I want nothing to do with a child of mine who would abandon their minor child. My mom had every reason in the world to kick my brother out when he was a minor (he did really terrible things) but instead chose to find help for him. Thus modeling for me how a parent handles a child with issues, though being gay is not an issue, certainly not the child's issue and is definitely the mom's own problem to deal with (in the OP). Disowning him because she thinks homosexuality is icky is even worse than if he had actually done something to her.

    What's amazing to me is how anyone could have any compassion for such a woman.
    nailed it

    good post and awesome story, good job gina

    we did something similar in my family but it was my cousin, his mom gave him up for her more cool drug life and his dad, my moms brother (yes thats what i call him) was really no better. We took him in and tried our best for him. Now he was only about 14 years younger than me so i didnt have custody my parents did but i certainly played my role helping him school work, sports and driving him to events and jobs.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •