Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 303

Thread: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:190:159]

  1. #271
    Sage
    Arbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    07-12-16 @ 01:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,395
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by davidtaylorjr View Post
    No, that is truth.
    Truth != bigoted opinion.
    "nah i think the way cons want to turn this into a political issue is funny though" - Philly Boss

  2. #272
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,871

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    What would be interesting is having more facts. The org that published this letter says that "Chad" himself made it available and that efforts are being made to have him and his grandfather come forward. Given that Chad allegedly didn't mind sharing a letter allegedly directed to his mother--I would still like to know how a letter to his mother fell into his possession if he wasn't living at home any longer--maybe some of these facts will be provided once his 15 minutes begin.

  3. #273
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by Arbo View Post
    Truth != bigoted opinion.
    I'm ok with that.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  4. #274
    Sage davidtaylorjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    10-18-13 @ 08:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    6,775

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What would be interesting is having more facts. The org that published this letter says that "Chad" himself made it available and that efforts are being made to have him and his grandfather come forward. Given that Chad allegedly didn't mind sharing a letter allegedly directed to his mother--I would still like to know how a letter to his mother fell into his possession if he wasn't living at home any longer--maybe some of these facts will be provided once his 15 minutes begin.
    Good points.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

    Ronald Reagan

  5. #275
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Republic of Texas.
    Last Seen
    11-15-17 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,647

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It has already been proven beyond question that homosexuality is not a mental illness or a disorder. You don't even know what constitutes a disorder, so you are not qualified to even make this determination. For example, natural biological behavior has zero to do with whether something is a mental disorder or not, especially since anything that occurs in nature, biologically, is a natural biological behavior. Therefore, your comments above are not only irrelevant, but they are laughingly ignorant.
    How was it proven? Where was it proven?

    How does anyone "prove" their hypothesis/theory without the means to test their hypothesis?

    If they know enough to "prove beyond question" then why is they cannot even tell us why it exists in the first place? What causes it?
    Only a fool measures equality by results and not opportunities.

  6. #276
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,850

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Yes, Gina...he is. What is amazing is you cant see it in your own words. He isnt abandoning her...he is just giving her a taste of her own medicine. You know...abandoning her.

    Where this any other issue other than teh geyz, I highly doubt you and other here would have him up for father of the year award.

    You, like others, would abandon your child rather than model love and compassion. Wonderful. ****ing amazing.
    Actually, homosexuality is not the main issue for me. Abandoning a minor child is, as I feel it might be for the others you are referring to in this thread.

    I spent last summer, 2011, getting a homeless minor off the street because his mother and her husband threw him out. Instead of finding services to get help with dealing with his issues (teenage angst), they tossed him out to sleep on park benches and couch surf at 16. I was stunned that his grandparents did not step in, or maybe I'm assuming they knew? Or possibly they did and that's where mom got it from? I know there was a great deal of pressure from her husband and she had to uphold his decision.

    Or possibly the story of one of my neighbors will help you see where I'm coming from when I tell you she and her husband obtained custody of their 2-year-old grandson and had nothing to do with their daughter until she cleaned up enough to come around when the boy was old enough to ask about her.

    So no Vance, you're wrong there. I want nothing to do with a child of mine who would abandon their minor child. My mom had every reason in the world to kick my brother out when he was a minor (he did really terrible things) but instead chose to find help for him. Thus modeling for me how a parent handles a child with issues, though being gay is not an issue, certainly not the child's issue and is definitely the mom's own problem to deal with (in the OP). Disowning him because she thinks homosexuality is icky is even worse than if he had actually done something to her.

    What's amazing to me is how anyone could have any compassion for such a woman.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  7. #277
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Actually, homosexuality is not the main issue for me. Abandoning a minor child is, as I feel it might be for the others you are referring to in this thread.

    I spent last summer, 2011, getting a homeless minor off the street because his mother and her husband threw him out. Instead of finding services to get help with dealing with his issues (teenage angst), they tossed him out to sleep on park benches and couch surf at 16. I was stunned that his grandparents did not step in, or maybe I'm assuming they knew? Or possibly they did and that's where mom got it from? I know there was a great deal of pressure from her husband and she had to uphold his decision.

    Or possibly the story of one of my neighbors will help you see where I'm coming from when I tell you she and her husband obtained custody of their 2-year-old grandson and had nothing to do with their daughter until she cleaned up enough to come around when the boy was old enough to ask about her.

    So no Vance, you're wrong there. I want nothing to do with a child of mine who would abandon their minor child. My mom had every reason in the world to kick my brother out when he was a minor (he did really terrible things) but instead chose to find help for him. Thus modeling for me how a parent handles a child with issues, though being gay is not an issue, certainly not the child's issue and is definitely the mom's own problem to deal with (in the OP). Disowning him because she thinks homosexuality is icky is even worse than if he had actually done something to her.

    What's amazing to me is how anyone could have any compassion for such a woman.
    Noted. I'm stunned so many people would abandon and disown their children over ANYTHING. I think that's tragic. Beyond sad.

  8. #278
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her Gay Son

    Quote Originally Posted by nota bene View Post
    What would be interesting is having more facts. The org that published this letter says that "Chad" himself made it available and that efforts are being made to have him and his grandfather come forward. Given that Chad allegedly didn't mind sharing a letter allegedly directed to his mother--I would still like to know how a letter to his mother fell into his possession if he wasn't living at home any longer--maybe some of these facts will be provided once his 15 minutes begin.
    I would say one of two possibilities are likely. First, his grandfather showed him the letter before sending it to his mother, in order to show his grandson his support. Or, perhaps his mother actually showed him the letter sometime after it was sent, possibly to show how his grandfather felt about her. This all assumes that it is true. But it isn't unreasonable to believe that "Chad" could see the letter. And we don't really know what happened after the letter, again assuming it is true.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  9. #279
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,850

    Re: Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Noted. I'm stunned so many people would abandon and disown their children over ANYTHING. I think that's tragic. Beyond sad.
    As I said, an adult abusing, neglecting or abandoning a minor is my cut off point.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

  10. #280
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Homophobic Daughter Letter: Grandpa Slams Daughter For Disowning Her ... [W:1...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    As I said, an adult abusing, neglecting or abandoning a minor is my cut off point.
    Conditional love is not something I associate with being a parent.

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •