Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

  1. #21
    Canadian Conservative
    CanadaJohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    27,190

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by polgara View Post
    Good afternoon, CJ.

    It's already being questioned, because it's unfair. When unions, some businesses, and people raising money by bundling for the Dems can get an exemption from a law, but the average guy on the street can't, it does cause outraged indignation! Playing obvious favoritism is not a good-will maker under any scenario. Try giving one child more ice cream than another if you want to see what I mean! Even kids object to perceived favoritism. :
    Good afternoon Lady P. - I'm still enjoying my global warming autumn here in the great white north - hope your weather is good too.
    "Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views." William F. Buckley Jr.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    If insurance is so needed by the masses that they are begging to purchase it, why not make the purchase voluntary?
    The mandate is needed because rates would increase if few people signed up. And getting rid of the mandate undercuts the entire affordable care act.

  3. #23
    Sage
    polgara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,351

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaJohn View Post
    Good afternoon Lady P. - I'm still enjoying my global warming autumn here in the great white north - hope your weather is good too.
    It was a perfect day here! Warm, nice breeze, and little humidity. I should write it down, because I just know I'll need to be reminded in a few months! :

    Oddly, we have also had snow on this date. Years ago, when we got a horse and a pony for our kids from people who no longer wanted to be bothered with them, we were having a two-stall shed built for them. It snowed so hard for a while that the workers were grumbling that they couldn't see. They got it built, though, and it all took place on October 2! Memories from the past!

  4. #24
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    The mandate is needed because rates would increase if few people signed up. And getting rid of the mandate undercuts the entire affordable care act.
    So, once again, some formerly free individuals are required to support strangers. Got it...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So, once again, some formerly free individuals are required to support strangers. Got it...
    without the mandate, the law has no power.

    By killing the mandate, you kill the law.

    but i guess that was always the intent.

  6. #26
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    without the mandate, the law has no power.

    By killing the mandate, you kill the law.

    but i guess that was always the intent.
    So, once again, some formerly free individuals are required to support strangers. Got it...

    Just another entitlement packaged a bit differently where some receive while others are required to give...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    So, once again, some formerly free individuals are required to support strangers. Got it...

    Just another entitlement packaged a bit differently where some receive while others are required to give...
    its constitutional, at least according to the supreme court.

  8. #28
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    its constitutional, at least according to the supreme court.
    What does your reply have to do with the content of my post?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Unitedwestand13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Sunnyvale California
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    14,985

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    What does your reply have to do with the content of my post?
    you say that people have lost their freedom because the affordable care act requires them to participate by paying money to cover other people's insurance.

    i am just pointing out that the supreme court ruled that the mandate was not unconstitutional.

  10. #30
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: GOP senator objects to budget conference committee

    Quote Originally Posted by Unitedwestand13 View Post
    you say that people have lost their freedom because the affordable care act requires them to participate by paying money to cover other people's insurance.

    i am just pointing out that the supreme court ruled that the mandate was not unconstitutional.
    No, they ruled strictly on the mandate portion as being a tax, and thus Constitutional, but by declaring it a tax, the case should never have been before the court before it had taken effect as there was no standing...
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •