Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 277

Thread: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    BWHAHAHAHHAH!

    I love the smell of desperation in the morning!
    Perhaps others around you would appreciate you shower to cleanse that 'desperation' smell...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishstyx View Post
    Actually, you have that backwards. The Senate is refusing to conference with the House.

    Senate Rejects House GOP Request For Conference Committee Negotiation
    Let's pretend that the House didn't turn down the Senate's 18 prior offers to conference over the past year.

    Let's pretend. It's all conservative can do.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Last Seen
    09-18-16 @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Perhaps others around you would appreciate you shower to cleanse that 'desperation' smell...:lawdwdmo
    Hey an attempt at humor as desperate as Boehner's sorry attempt to pretend that Obama caused the GOP's meltdown..

  4. #54
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,756

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by AlabamaPaul View Post
    Most, if not all, who cannot afford insurance also cannot afford the deductibles or co-pays, so what does this law do to help individuals?
    That's not true at all. I already know what my deductible is, and what my copay is going to be. I also know what my premium is going to be. I am getting the insurance.

    I have come a very long way from what I believed before to what I believe now. It took the death of a very good friend of mine to make me see the light. Last Sunday, I played a benefit concert for the widow and grandchild of Papa Bluez, who was an icon in the Houston area. He could not afford health insurance. A couple of months ago, he began experiencing tightness in his chest. He didn't see a doctor because he could not afford it. 2 days later he was dead. He died because he did not have the money to see a doctor.

    Before the death of Papa Bluez, I was dead set against any kind of subsidized health insurance. It took the death of a dear friend of mine, and the circumstances surrounding his death, to make me see the light. If we cannot provide health care for our own citizens, then we are savages, and nothing more. There are a lot of things I don't like about Obamacare, but at this point, I am willing to give it a chance, so that many others do not end up like Papa Bluez - Dead before their time.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  5. #55
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Republican bomb-throwers like Limbaugh, Cruz, and the House radicals are giddy about causing this shutdown and are bragging about it. I believe them.

  6. #56
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Appropiations and continuing resolutions are temporary stop gap measures to help keep the government funded and operating in lieu of a budget. Congress hasn't had a budget since the tea party took over the house in 2010.
    Nope, it was before 2010...try again!
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  7. #57
    Pragmatist
    AlabamaPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,834

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That's not true at all. I already know what my deductible is, and what my copay is going to be. I also know what my premium is going to be. I am getting the insurance.

    I have come a very long way from what I believed before to what I believe now. It took the death of a very good friend of mine to make me see the light. Last Sunday, I played a benefit concert for the widow and grandchild of Papa Bluez, who was an icon in the Houston area. He could not afford health insurance. A couple of months ago, he began experiencing tightness in his chest. He didn't see a doctor because he could not afford it. 2 days later he was dead. He died because he did not have the money to see a doctor.

    Before the death of Papa Bluez, I was dead set against any kind of subsidized health insurance. It took the death of a dear friend of mine, and the circumstances surrounding his death, to make me see the light. If we cannot provide health care for our own citizens, then we are savages, and nothing more. There are a lot of things I don't like about Obamacare, but at this point, I am willing to give it a chance, so that many others do not end up like Papa Bluez - Dead before their time.
    What is your deductible and co-pay?
    I don't often change my signature, but this was just too over the top to let anyone forget with what this country is up against...
    Quote Originally Posted by James D Hill View Post
    I am for gay marriage because it ticks off Jesus freaks and social conservatives. Gays are also good voters because the vote for my side so I fight next to them.

  8. #58
    Sage


    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    IL
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    36,837

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Dems said yes to the Repubs budget number and Repubs couldn't say yes to what they asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dickieboy View Post
    Nope, it was before 2010...try again!

  9. #59
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by head of joaquin View Post
    Let's pretend that the House didn't turn down the Senate's 18 prior offers to conference over the past year.

    Let's pretend. It's all conservative can do.
    Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Wasn't one of the amendments in that resolution the approval of Keystone XL? and another that repealed the medical device tax?...wasn't that one of the GOP's offers in this latest 'meltdown' that the Senate now rejects? Tell me again why one would engage in conference with someone who is apparently 'two-faced'?

    go on you can say it...
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-17 @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,878

    Re: John Boehner: Obama owns this shutdown now

    Quote Originally Posted by NIMBY View Post
    Dems said yes to the Repubs budget number and Repubs couldn't say yes to what they asked for.
    When?
    "The fact that we are here today to debate raising America's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure" - 2006 Senator Obama...leadership failure indeed!

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •